Concorde models released

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by patriot missile, Jun 27, 2006.

1. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

About Patriot Missile's original post for this thread, the Air France version of the model is F-BTSD, also called Sierra Delta, was donated to the Le Bourget Air and Space Museum.
    And the British Airways version, the G-BOAC (British Overseas Airline Corporation), also called Alpha Charlie, and the plane is now on permanent display at Manchester Airport's Aviation Viewing Park.

The things you learn building paper models!!! :roll:
  2. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Detailed Concorde SST Model

I agree,

This is a model of the highest quality! This is not a big surprise for you who are used to Erik´s and Ralph´s previous work but the details and the resolution of this model are something special.
    I´m doing a scaled-up version on fine grain silk photopaper - no problem at all.

Bengt :smile:
  3. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Air France Concorde SST

Thanks, Gerardo,

Very interesting pages - if I must pick one, it´s the Air France version.
    I think this colour scheme is the most beautiful.

The pictures from "Sierra Delta´s" last Paris Airshow at Le Bourget are amazing - these pics really show the beautiful sweeping lines of this A/C.
    It´s a shame that these birds don´t fly anymore - but what airline today could afford a plane that consumes more than 25,000 litres of fuel AN HOUR . . ?

Btw, did you see this pic of the small emergency tail wheel?:

Bengt - I would have liked to have been a Concorde passenger8)
  4. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

You know, that tiny winnie little tail bumper wheel was a surprise. I told you, the things you learn building paper models!!

Attached Files:

5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

British Airways registration on the model... and just taking off!!

Attached Files:

6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Concorde History Video clip

Hi all Concorde fans,

Check this out - a 5-minute tribute to the fastest and most beautiful airliner of them all - "SpeedBird Concorde":

Bengt :smile:
  7. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Final Landing of The Air France Concorde F-BVFB - Good-bye, Concorde!

Hi all,

Here´s another great one - about 4 min long;

The final landing of Air France Concorde F-BVFB at Solingen, Karlsruhe, Germany (accompanied by a beautiful italian song) and movie clips of the first flights of the French and British prototypes. Also, a rare clip of the Russian 'Concordski' - The Tupolev Tu-144 and an interesting computer graphic reconstruction of Concorde´s one and only fatal crash in Paris:

At the very end of the video, a Tupolev Tu-144 and an Air France Concorde can be seen displayed together at Sinsheim, Germany.

Thanks to James Kirk who put it all together,
    Bengt :roll:
  8. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Baden Airpark

Unfortunately I had to work that day, but I did see the Concorde on it's final approach to my old airbase. It was the third prettiest aircraft to ever land there. I worked on the prettiest.
  9. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Pepsi Concorde on Display

I'd like to revive this thread to let you know that designers Ralph Currell and Erik Te Groen again went for a homerun. They just released a new desingn for a speacial edition of the Concorde. This Concorde was a promotional campaign for Pepsi in Europe in 1996. It flew on 16 ocassions in 10 cities.

Again, a very well designed project.

I took some photos of the model on display for the Concorde Museum here in Juarez, on an event in a local mall.

Thanks again, Ralph and Erik.

10. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

LOVE that pepsi livery!
    I am off to get that right now!
    Thanks Erik and Ralph, great work. Can't wait to start cutting paper on this one!
  11. hpept

hpept Member

it seems that currell site is unreachable. I hope the downloadable pepsi livery is not on that site.... :cry:
  12. hpept

hpept Member

wheeewwww, it was only a momentary black out..... :wink:
    i'm downloading the model right now :twisted:
  13. It's working fine now (2:17PM).

Cheers --- Larry
  14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

*shakes head at pepsi livery*
  15. erik_tegroen

erik_tegroen New Member

shake it

you're right. Why Pepsi.........? ;-)

I think I'd better make a Coca-Cola version. The REAL thing !!!! ;-)

p.s. Which version would you like ? Classic ? Cherry ? Diet ? Decaf ?
    Lemon ?
  16. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Erik... how about one for each?
  17. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Concorde Trio

Wow, Gerardo,

That´s a beautiful trio!
    You sure give credit to Erik and Ralph with your fine modeling. I´d better cut and glue some more on my Air France model before it starts collecting dust . . .

Bengt :yep:
  18. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Thanks Erik (via Email) and Bengt for your kind words.
    Actually this is going t be another pair, one as it is, and the other with landing gear.
    ((I hope to take more time and not finish at 3:00 AM in the morning like this one!))
  19. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Update! Concorde FedEx -

New Concorde release!!
    From Mr. Currell and Mr. Te Groen, "A cargo-carrying version of Concorde was proposed for Federal Express, though never built.
    This model shows how it might have appeared in FedEx livery."
    Preliminary photos.
  20. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

BIG Concorde Build at Kartonmodell-Forum

Hola Gerardo!

I just saw this interesting build thread at the Kartonmodell-Forum - Christian Krüger builds his (Air France) Concorde model in 1:50 scale:

Btw, if I ever go to Mexico, I´ll definately visit the Concorde Museo in Juarez - it looks really interesting!

Best regards,
    Bengt :grin: