Concorde from Ralph Currell and Erik te Groet 1:144

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by McTschegsn, Mar 6, 2015.

1. McTschegsn

McTschegsn New Member

Hi folks,
    as a fingerexercise before building more complicated stuff like the Kfir from Yoav or models from Uhu02 I decided to build a Concorde. One of the most beautiful and elegant Airliners ever made (in my opinion [​IMG] )

The model was downloaded from

Here are some pics from the building progress. I am fighting against the dra time of my PVA glue since the fuselage is not perfect in my eyes. Well exercise makes a champion.. The way is a bit longer for people like me [​IMG]

The livery I chose is the British Airways livery used between 1985 and 1999.

As there are some options to build this plane I chose the Visor down option and the complex gear just to fiddle around a bit.

Concorde1.jpg Concorde2.jpg Concorde3.jpg Concorde4.jpg Concorde5.jpg Concorde6.jpg Concorde7.jpg Concorde8.jpg
  2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

It looks like you are off to a good start!
  3. McTschegsn

McTschegsn New Member

Just worked on a little more.

Engines are ready to build in. Vertical Stab is ready to mount.
    Glue is hardening over night.

Time to take a beer, relax and admire (well... I do it [​IMG] ) my work
    zathros, Revell-Fan, bgt01 and 2 others like this.
  4. McTschegsn

McTschegsn New Member

The Lady has wings :)
    Concorde10.jpg Concorde11.jpg Concorde12.jpg

And I like it :) (Though the outer wings are not symmetrical but hey: Never look at the model directly from behind and nobody will sense the fact ;) )

Next step is the nose section with visor down. God I love this airplane... Saw one of the last flights here in germany on an airshow in Hahn. Quite an impressive plane [​IMG]
    zathros, Revell-Fan, bgt01 and 2 others like this.
  5. McTschegsn

McTschegsn New Member

Step by step we are nearing completion. The dropped nose section is ready to be mounted, the actuator covers under the wind and on the stab are attached.

Next step will be the landing gear to be assembled and mounted.
    When the gear is ready and glued in place I will mount the nose section and the stabilizer.
    Concorde13.jpg Concorde14.jpg Concorde15.jpg
  6. Hello,

this reminds me of May 1st 1998. On that day a Concorde landed at the airport of Stuttgart in Germany, which is about 20 kilometers away from where I live. It was a French Concorde (F-BVFA) and a lot of people wanted to see (and hear :)) the plane. The Take-Off was very impressive. Here some photos, that time with an "analog" camera, not digital.

X-09-Flughafen-Stuttgart-Concorde_50pr.jpg X-13-Flughafen-Stuttgart-Concorde_35p.jpg X-28-Flughafen-Stuttgart-Concorde_50p.jpg

Markus Schweizer
  7. McTschegsn

McTschegsn New Member

So here we go with the first detail pics of the undercarriage.
    I just worked on the tail "bumper" wheels to prevent tailstrikes on takeoff and landing. The wheels are a mere 2 millimeters in diameter.
    On the detail pic you can judge why I judge the fuselage joints as "big gaps" [​IMG]
    I find the tail cone has to be better next time.
    Concorde16.jpg Concorde17.jpg
  8. McTschegsn

McTschegsn New Member

9. McTschegsn

McTschegsn New Member

Wheels are done and the Nosegear is half done... Concentration is gone...

Now... beer and admiration ;)

Forgot to mention: I rolled the gear struts as the manual says but I cut off the glueing tab and butt glued the tube. Looks nicer and smoother...

10. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

@McTschegsn I see that you have a similar building methodology as mine ...... Judging by the amount of beer bottle caps laying on your work bench, I think the Concord took about a crates worth ????!!!!??? ;);)

Looking good!!!

Cheers! :):Drinks:
  11. McTschegsn

McTschegsn New Member

@Dan: Well... I use the bottlecaps to thin my white glue with water ;)
    Besides that -to be true- the bottle caps lying there were remainders of a battletech tabletop session ;)
    But nevertheless when building models (no matter whether they are paper, plastic or R/C) a good beer or a good sip of wine is never wrong ;)
    And: That Concorde is worth more than a crate ^^Depends on drinking speed :D
  12. McTschegsn

McTschegsn New Member

Finally the Lady is ready for departure. Lacking of some nice Background I used our floor [​IMG]

Concorde20.jpg Concorde21.jpg Concorde22.jpg

I like the look [​IMG] I hope the few errors I made will not be repeated on the next model... back to MWO Raven now...
    Tonino, will69, zathros and 2 others like this.
  13. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

You did a GREAT JOB!!!
    She looks FANTASTIC!!!
  14. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

I am so happy you posted that model. I had never seen one built and did not know it was such a nice model. You build was excellent!! :)
  15. McTschegsn

McTschegsn New Member

Thank you all for your kind words. Hope my next builds will be better than this one... One never stops learning and the stakes are high :)
  16. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Damn it, I forgot to click the "Like" button! I have just corrected that. :)

This is a fantastic build! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing more. :)
    zathros likes this.
  17. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

Me too! Thanks for reminding me! :)