Concorde from Ralph Currell and Erik te Groet 1:144

McTschegsn

Feb 24, 2015
Dietzenbach, Germany
www.jet-connection.de
Hi folks,
as a fingerexercise before building more complicated stuff like the Kfir from Yoav or models from Uhu02 I decided to build a Concorde. One of the most beautiful and elegant Airliners ever made (in my opinion
wink.gif
)

The model was downloaded from currell.net

Here are some pics from the building progress. I am fighting against the dra time of my PVA glue since the fuselage is not perfect in my eyes. Well exercise makes a champion.. The way is a bit longer for people like me
wink.gif

The livery I chose is the British Airways livery used between 1985 and 1999.

As there are some options to build this plane I chose the Visor down option and the complex gear just to fiddle around a bit.

Concorde1.jpg Concorde2.jpg Concorde3.jpg Concorde4.jpg Concorde5.jpg Concorde6.jpg Concorde7.jpg Concorde8.jpg

Markus Schweizer

Sep 4, 2008
Boebligen, Germany
Hello,

this reminds me of May 1st 1998. On that day a Concorde landed at the airport of Stuttgart in Germany, which is about 20 kilometers away from where I live. It was a French Concorde (F-BVFA) and a lot of people wanted to see (and hear :)) the plane. The Take-Off was very impressive. Here some photos, that time with an "analog" camera, not digital.

X-09-Flughafen-Stuttgart-Concorde_50pr.jpg X-13-Flughafen-Stuttgart-Concorde_35p.jpg X-28-Flughafen-Stuttgart-Concorde_50p.jpg

Greetings

Markus Schweizer

McTschegsn

Feb 24, 2015
Dietzenbach, Germany
www.jet-connection.de
So here we go with the first detail pics of the undercarriage.
I just worked on the tail "bumper" wheels to prevent tailstrikes on takeoff and landing. The wheels are a mere 2 millimeters in diameter.
On the detail pic you can judge why I judge the fuselage joints as "big gaps"
wink.gif

I find the tail cone has to be better next time.
Concorde16.jpg Concorde17.jpg

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
@McTschegsn I see that you have a similar building methodology as mine ...... Judging by the amount of beer bottle caps laying on your work bench, I think the Concord took about a crates worth ????!!!!??? ;);)

Looking good!!!

Cheers! :):Drinks:

McTschegsn

Feb 24, 2015
Dietzenbach, Germany
www.jet-connection.de
@Dan: Well... I use the bottlecaps to thin my white glue with water ;)
Besides that -to be true- the bottle caps lying there were remainders of a battletech tabletop session ;)
But nevertheless when building models (no matter whether they are paper, plastic or R/C) a good beer or a good sip of wine is never wrong ;)
And: That Concorde is worth more than a crate ^^Depends on drinking speed :D

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I am so happy you posted that model. I had never seen one built and did not know it was such a nice model. You build was excellent!! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Damn it, I forgot to click the "Like" button! I have just corrected that. :)

This is a fantastic build! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing more. :)

Reactions: zathros

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Me too! Thanks for reminding me! :)