Con Cor U-50 second hand price?

Hi -:wave:

do y'all think $100.00 a good price for a Kato built Con Cor U-50, second hand? Noted as good condition, good runner, some signs of wear.
It's old enough to be sporting rapido couplers which'll have to be changed, of course!
In SP scarlet and gray.
:thumb:

Denyons

U50 by Con Cor

I own a Con Cor U50 and it is a very nice engine but I would say $100.00 is way too high of a price.
The engines are at least a dozen years old so I would offer no more than $50.00 for a used one...Maybe even less.

General opinion from n-scale Yahoo group also is that this is way too high.
Anyway - if anyone is tempted I saw it in the second hand section of N Scale Supply's website

Bones

I'll take a look at it and repost if it's a modified / customized U50. It's not uncommon for the SP U50's to be reworded to more closely resemble the real thing. The original version made by Con-Cor was a conglomerate that combined elements of early models, late models, and the U50C. Southern Pacific only ever had one model so those modellers tend to notice the difference more often than say Union Pacific, which owned the whole spectrum.

UPDATE:
Nope, it's still just a hodge podge Con-Cor. Great shape, but not worth the price.