Computer desktop

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by jon-monon, Mar 7, 2003.

1. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Thot ya might like to see what I'm doing today! I'm clening up to make some disk space on this old server.

Anyone else have a railroad theme on their computer?

Attached Files:

2. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Yup. My desktop has a picture of me in the cab of Santa Fe 3751, taken last Summer at the NRHS Convention in Williams, AZ. Also, my screen saver is a collection of miscellaneous photos, some of which include some unique steam locomotives, which a friend sent me, and some pictures of the original American Freedom Train.
  3. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Nope. I like rocket ships! Here's my desktop - the only part of my life that is so uncluttered.

:D Val

Attached Files:

4. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

Hmmm Jon...does that program you're running allow backgrounds within it? Some of our databases at work do that.

I have this at home, I dont know what this is..but I like it

Attached Files:

5. billk

billk Active Member

Here mine - the first train to arrive in the town I grew up in, according to the Library of Congress!
  6. Xaniel

Xaniel Member

here's mine fellows...

mac os x skin on windows xp...
  7. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

aartwmich - it's not a program, it's 6 different transparent windows open and showing the background wallpaper through them. I have them set to 30% shade and red tint so I can see the text. In Linuxland, a terminal is somewhat like a DOS or command window on a Windows box. The big one in the middle with coloured text is just a directory listing showing permissions, file owner and color coded name indicating the file type. The three on the left are sitting idle, and the two to the right are just text editors with a list of files from a search. Each file is an image of someones hard drive, and I've been sorting them out and deleting obsolete and duplicate ones. Now I'm crosseyed, so I'm gunna go do some N scale work. Oh, ya, in the upper left is a grey square with a paper clip and I can go to one of the other 9 desktops by clicking it, like the one that always has a browser open to the-gauge on it! Love everyone's cool desktops! Any more?!?!?!?!?!? :D :D :D :D :D :D
  8. McFortner

McFortner Member

Well, my wife likes the different space images from for our desktop. Here is what I am using right now, the Cone Nebula.

Attached Files:

9. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

Oh..uummm well yeah..of course Jon, makes perfect

(thinks Jon is a computer freak...umm I mean GENIUS) :D :D

I hope you know Jon.... I'm just pickin on ya ;)
  10. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Loves NASCAR.....
    Big Dale Jarrett fan.....
    88fan as a handle.............
    What else?

Attached Files:

11. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I've no idea how to make an image of it, but my wallpaper and screensaver are Colorado narrow gauge, from a CD sent by some cousins-in-law.
    Screen saver is nice, until the monitor shuts down.
  12. Pete

Pete Member

Hi David
    It's really easy to do....bring your desktop up and press 'ALT' and 'Print Screen' <--it's beside F12
    Then open your graphics program (Paint Shop) and press 'Ctrl' and 'V' and your image should pop up. Then you can manipulate it's size and save as a .jpg or .gif or whatever you prefer.
    Here's mine:

Attached Files:

13. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Michael that's one cool desktop! I guess you've seen the pix of the Eagle Nebula - that's my personal fave.

:D Val
  14. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

And I'd get kicked and banned for sure if I put up a screen shot!:D

15. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

And here is mine (for the moment at least - I'm changing it about every six months)

Attached Files:

16. interurban

interurban Active Member

Well I change my pic now and then but right now we are looking at this lovely shot from Down East

Attached Files:

17. swissjohn

swissjohn Member

I change mine each month. This one is a photo I took in Switzerland last summer.

Attached Files:

18. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Okay, here's mine which I change once a month

Attached Files:

19. grumbeast

grumbeast Member

Hey Chris!!!

you made my day using one of my pics for your background!!

Graham :D :D :D :D :D

I'm using this :

Attached Files:

20. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

I change my wallpaper regularly at both home and work, but it's always a train-related photo (often from Trainorders).