Computer crashed

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TooManyHobbies, Mar 31, 2008.

1. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies New Member

And I lost everything,I belong to tooman groups on the internet and I am slowly finding all but it will take some time. Most I found were on links from other groups and I could not remember the names so it might be years before I remember and find all I belonged too plus the companies websites I lost for parts ands services for all of my hobbies,I am back online and now that I got a much better computer its time for a faster IP. Jeff
  2. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Care to share what crashed? I "crashed" 5 computers in my life, and have saved all but one of them.
  3. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Just last week my hard drive went on the fritz as well. Turns out, I had a raid system (mirrored hard drives). I replaced the bad one, it promptly rebuilt everything using the mirrored drive and nothing was lost. I am now a firm believer in mirrored hard drives.
  4. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies New Member

I know it had issues with the hard drive and I think the power supply went out and since it was too old and under powered I got a better unit,the neighbor has the hard drive but has not had too much time to try to retrieve the info. Jeff