Coming up next from Claudio Dias and Skupilkinson

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Enough said! ;)

Just kiddin'! Claudio and I will be working another model soon. As you see it's BumbleBee from the new 2007 Transformers movie. I asked Claudio about helping me with the BumbleBee Camaro, we talked about it a little while doing the X-Jet. After it was done we mentioned it again and now it's going to become a reality!

Here's the best bit. We're not only doing the car! We'll be doing the robot too!

We haven't discussed and scale of the car yet, but the 'bot will be 60cm tall. He'll be posable just like the scratchbuilt one we've all been drooling over for the past few months.

As with the X-Jet, Claudio's doing the mesh for both (bot first). The mesh will be done from scratch. While I'll be texturing him.

This will probably not be done as quickly as the Jet was seeing as there are two models and one is very complex but it'll be a nice way to start the new year!! :)

I'm real excited about this and I'm sure others will be too.

Image for illustration purposes only(This image came from The artists name there is stratosmacca).
  2. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

ok, I have to say it....
    COOL BEANS!!! sign1

here's somethin else for you 2 to think about... I would just love one of ironhide with his guns spinnin and a voicebox that uses his line "Shall I Exterminate them?" train97
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

uh-oh. dont let papertoys hijack this thread!!!!!!!

im definately waiting for this one!!
    he-he ive had the inside scoop on this for awhile! so my anticipation has been basting in the oven of my mind!!!!
  4. Master-Bruce

LOL! Oh I won't. :) The ones over there are Ok, especially the vehicles but the bots leave alot to be desired as they're from a game so there's lots to do to make them paper friendly. That's why Claudio's going from scratch for this one.

I asked Claudio about helping with BB months ago, way before the X-Jet even. Before the meshes at paper-toys site surfaced too. He was too busy then so it never happened. Then we did the X-jet, when that was done it was Claudio that suggested BB as the next model we did together.

I was over the moon!

I liked IronHide too. I don't think this will become a series of models though. We haven't talked about doing any more after BB. Prime would be my next choice but I think this may be a one off. I'm sure Claudio has other models he'd like to get on with as well as this so it's his call. See how it all goes.
  5. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Please don't tell my girlfriend, but I think I just fell in love with 2 men (Claudio and Skip).

Just kidding... I was already there... :D

I'll be eagerly watching this one, both subjects are high up on my "movie thingies" wanted list. Although it's going to be enough fun just watching you guys design and build them both... good luck (and thank you) and may the schwartz be with you both. :D
  6. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "mesh?" And where do you obtain reference materials for these incredible models you and Claudio colaborate on?

Finally, I have a vote (not that you are soliciting same) for a wild Sci-Fi model. Remember the film "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across the 8th Dimension?" There were two really cool vehicles in that film, one, Buckaroo's female-voiced spaceship that had thrusters that looked for the life of me like beauteous female mammaries and (from Wikipedia) a Jet Car, a heavily modified pickup truck powered by a jet engine and capable of exceeding Mach 1. The car is also equipped with a device called an oscillation overthruster which allows it to move through solid matter.

Campy, cool, and a box-office flop, the film has grown into a cult classic mainly due to the interest of nut cases like me!
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I think the car will be the easy part however the robot... :panic:.
  8. Master-Bruce

Oh definitely. The car is the easier option. ;)

cdavenport, a mesh is the term used for a computer 3D model. Because it's made up of a wire frame the unrendered model looks like a net or mesh has been thrown over it.

As for reference, DVD screen captures, google image search. In some cases fan art, there's a lot of talented people out who create some great art.

I'm not familiar with that movie, I'll have to google it. :)
  9. Werner Smuts

Werner Smuts Member

WOW This I hope happens soon, my son just watched the movie for the 4th time.... Is it finished already? LOL!!!
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

The robot is an eye-catcher! It's going to be a really good model, I knew it!
  11. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Ahh yes, but it can be done... even with KFC boxes.

I'm sure some or most of you have seen this before, but seeing as it's kind of relevant, lets have another look :D

Transformers BumbleBee Model Made From KFC Lunch Boxes

And back on topic again... what kind of "style" are you guys aiming for with this one? Are you going to give the models a cartoonish kind of look like the pictures in the original post, or go with a more "realistic" look?

Either way, with the two of you on the case, it goes without saying we're going to end up with something special.
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i hope its more realistic to the movie.
  13. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

That freakin cardmodel is even articulated!!!! :-o that was the part that amazed me!

Wouldnt all of ya want one of these for YOUR garage though???
  14. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

You're more than welcome to start on one of those, in that scale... after your studio X-Wing... (and i'll be sure to sign up as a beta builder for it as well) :p
  15. Master-Bruce

I think closer to the movie version. That was just a pic to show the car and bot together seeing as we're doing both.Thanks for the vote of confidence. ;)

That large one Oyl posted is the movie prop I have a few photos of that. Would have loved to see it during the premier. Is there even enough paper in the world to nuild a life size one? LOL
  16. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Hi friends!

This sure will be an awesome project!

A big thanks to Skip for inviting me to join him in this. Let's see what we can do...
  17. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I just stumbled upon this and I have to say I'm really looking forward to this. Skulp and Claudio and I really enjoy all of your work. Keep it up.:thumb:
  18. Master-Bruce

Thanks Joe.

I've had a lot of ideas lately, along with projects I'm already doing. There's now 3 projects I have with Claudio.

We've decided on an order of how we'll do them.

First, there's the Lazy Town airship, then there's BumbleBee, then we'll do the Batmobile project.

Plus I'm sure Claudio may have projects of his own he'd like to do so these aren't just around the corner but we'll get there.

2008's going to be fun!
  19. bongo2425

bongo2425 New Member

yes yes yes i want that model jaja i cant wait to see that model
  20. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

whats a lazy town airship?