Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
I'm waiting for the nu-cu-lar missile and legacy set I won ;)

Welcome back, Chief!

Take it easy, Jeffrey - thanks for the pic.

Good night, John-boy :)

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 63, wet, stormy and there's a bit of lightning and thunder. The high is expected to be around the mid 70's with even more rain, lightning and thunder. We're also under a flood watch here.

I finally got the decoder installed in the SDP40F A unit yesterday and got it speed matched to the B unit. Today I'll wire the two locos together as they'll be running in a permanent lashup. There's not much else on my schedule for today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/12/2008

Wind Chill: 61°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 61°F

So Far Today
High: 63°F
Low: 61°F
Rain: 0.83"
Rain Rate: 0.16"/h
Gust: 26mph NNE

Important Message

Flood watch in effect until 10 AM cst this morning.

A line of thunderstorms extends from Opelousas to Scott to Kaplan. Very heavy rain with rates of up to 2 inches per hour...wind gusts to 45 mph and occasional lightning are possible with these storms. This line will reach Krotz Springs to Saint Martinville to Erath through 7 AM. Movement is east at 35 mph. The line also extends from the coast of eastern Cameron Parish offshore to 20 nm south of Cameron to 40 nm south of High Island. Occasional lightning...wind gusts to 35 knots and heavy rains reducing visibilities to less than one mile can be expected with the stronger storms. Behind this line...a large area of rain with embedded isolated thunderstorms will continue across central and southwest Louisiana and lower portions of southeast Texas. Occasional lightning and light to moderate rainfall can be expected with rain totals generally less than one inch.

Today High: 75 Rain and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then a slight chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Tonight Low: 52 Partly cloudy until late night then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010102-1.jpg

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave:

Good Morning

Warmer but supposed to be wet(raining) today

Jeffery that is one grubby grimy gondola:thumb::cool:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
I've finished the wiring that joins the pickups of the two SDP40F's together. In the photo below you can just see the red and black wires passing from one loco to the other like MU cables. The white wire is tied around the two X2F couplers. This way they can't separate but are free to move.

P1010267.jpg

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD EVENING ALL, overcast and made it to 51, but there is no warmeth in that 51. Finished CTT and OGR today but no trains. Friend Charlie came by last night and we did lot's of training then. He liked the Trainmasters. Well that and some PS2 golf was my day,hope everyone had a good one...S.J.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Looks like a good job, Jeffrey!

50 degrees in St. Louis, dull and gray outside. Dark now, of course. Had a pretty good day at work. Watching Hellboy II with the family - great great movie! I can't wait for the third one!

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Good evening played with the Wii some bowling is addictive on the Wiisign1

Train wise I just voted on the CTT next cover of magazine :confused:

Still plugging away on layout. :thumb:

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
MTH must have gotten tired of hearing the chief carp about his switches so they brought out two buildings just for him.

30-90294.jpg
Item No. 30-90294 Big Cletus' Bar-B-Que Road Side Stand
30-90295.jpg
Item No. 30-90295 Fishing Hole Bait & Tackle Road Side Stand

Should fit right in at Roseyville.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 56 here with dense fog. The high will be around 70 and partly cloudy with a small chance of rain.

Worked on the layout some yesterday. Just a partial general cleanup really. I relit several structures with the Xmas mini bulbs as they seem to last much, much longer than the little bulbs from Model Power, plus they cost a lot less too. I can get a 20 bulb string for a couple of bucks while a 20 pack of the Model Power bulbs cost around $12 to $14. Being larger they put off more light too. After that I worked on some rolling stock. After all that I was a bit tired and all these meds were taking their toll too, so I went back to the bedroom for a short nap. Did I say short? It lasted a little over three hours! I must be getting old. I have the two Amtrak SDP40F's running on the layout right now and they're as quiet as any Atlas or Kato I've seen. They run just beautifully.

I think for breakfast today I'll have the bacon and eggs.

bacon.jpg

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/13/2008

Wind Chill: 55°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 55°F

So Far Today
High: 59°F
Low: 55°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNW

Today High: 72 Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Isolated showers in the late morning and afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 52 Partly cloudy with isolated showers in the evening... Then mostly cloudy with a chance of rain and isolated thunderstorms after midnight. Areas of fog after midnight. Lows in the lower 50s. East winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

P1010273.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Warmer and misty. Lady flying in from Atlanta to meet with me about building our own water treatment plant [and not use Raleigh for the rest of our Town]. Better get on the move and get ready. John, like those buildings. Trains have not run much as lake house has taken up all of my slack time. Later.

N Gauger, did it again [DATA BASE ERROR but then post is there after I refresh]. ?????

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave: Good morning slightly warmer today but still wet out.

Optifast and a banana for breakfast :java1:

Train show this weekend may go to it as have not been to one as an exhibitor or general public in the last few years.:eek: I just need to get out and do something constructive for an hour or two.sign1

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
I just finished replacing a block switch on my control panel, the only plastic center-off DPDT on the panel. And it was for block 1. There wasn't anything wrong with it on DCC but on DC no power was going through it. I've got an all metal DPDT in it now, identical to all the other block switches on the panel. At the time I built the panel I didn't have enough of the heavy duty all metal DPDT's and had to use a plastic one for block #1. I think it did good to last 7 years. It was a Wal-Mart cheapee too. All the others came from Radio Shack.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Howdy, wow nobody here today. So my day was grocery shopping and staying inside, too chilly to be out just for fun. I gave one of the trains a few laps while I was doing something else so a train did run today. We just missed Friday the 13th so enjoy tomorrow....S.J.