Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

John Baker

The UK is still on watch.
My Lionel puffer still sees the light now and again.
Don't give up on this site guys.
Kalmbach have left me completely banjaxed.
I can't find their sites without a load of grief.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning. It's 30 and sunny. The high today will in the upper 40's and it will be sunny. A welcome change from all the rain we've had lately.

It's a cold Christmas day here with no sign of rain. Looking forward to spending some time with my family later today. My sister has been cooking her traditional Christmas dinner since late yesterday and should be just about done with it. My nephew and my niece and her husband will be setting the dining room accordingly. I used to help out in that but owing to certain circumstances I'm not allowed to do anything but sit by and watch. I hope the rest of you have as good a day as I'm looking forward to having. Happy holidays.

PB260227.jpg

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning. It's 30 and sunny. the high will be 50 and sunny. Weather guesser is saying rain looms and will make it's presence known within 24 hours.

I can tell it's gonna be a typical Monday. My internet connection is making like the stock market. One minute it's up, the next it's down. Someday they'll get that fixed. At the rate things progress here it may not be in my lifetime but it will eventually happen. Then again there's always the chance that pigs will fly. If there was a viable alternative that would allow me to keep my broadband internet speed and my VOIP phone service without depending on this flaky cable service here I would change over in a minute. Can't do DSL because I have no regular phone service, WiFi out here depends on the cable and satellite is way too slow (56 kbps). My phone service requires a minimum of 128 kbps with 256 kbps or faster being recommended. So it would appear that I'm stuck with the flaky cable service. And they're still wondering why I switched to Dish Network. It had a lot to do with them decreasing their service while raising the price of said service. $70 a month for around 60 channels, half of them shopping, news, christian and special interest channels was a bit much when I can get 250 channels, including a bunch of movie channels for that same $70 and I don't have to put up with a lot of worthless shopping, news, religious and special interest channels. I was able to more or less pick and choose what I wanted. Later I have to attach a new vacuum suction line to my foot. The one that was on it wouldn't maintain a seal no matter what I did to it and I eventually ended up taking it off last night and putting on a standard dressing. I tell you, sometimes I get so fed up with this vacuum unit that I feel like just pitching it out the door. On the other hand, it has helped to close up the wound a lot. On the modeling front I did a bit of work on the containers that came with my new flatcars. I faded them a little and added some bleaching. I have yet to do anything to the flatcars themselves. They're marked for the Union Pacific and you know what I like doing to UP markings. It be patching time!

PC110272.jpg

jeffrey-wimberl

Yeah, I know I've been gone a while. I've been busy rebuilding a 1981 Dodge B250 van. Finding parts for a 30 year old vehicle can be like hunting for hens teeth. I just keep turning over rocks until I find what I need. I need one final part, a steering column. I hope to have it back on the road by August. It's been sucking up my extra time, money and energy. I have lots of the first, little of the second and not much of the third.