Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave:

Good morning everyone:thumb:

Cool and wet over night last night:cry:

:wave: Post some more later today after I wake up:java1:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 41 and clear. The high should be around the mid 70's and it will still be clear, a rarity in this state.

I wrapped up work on the second SDP40F yesterday. I gave up trying to find suitable gears to regear the Athearn dummy trucks and modified a Proto 2000 E6 chassis to fit under the SDP40F shell. This worked well enough providing one doesn't look too closely at the trucks. They're just a little bigger than those on the other SDP40F unit but it does get it operational. Now to come up with a patch job.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/8/2008

Wind Chill: 41°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 39°F

So Far Today
High: 45°F
Low: 41°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 75 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. North winds around 5 mph.

Just working 2 for 1 on the railroad.
P1010165.jpg

John Baker

Nov 9, 2007
Cheshire. UK.
Brutus,
As one of the many Johns on this forum-my big seven-oh is December 13.
No flowers please [can't get Smiley to work-hope it's not an omen!].

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Hey Jeffrey, is that another switch or the one you did last month?

John - other John (jefelectric), but glad I didn't miss your B-Day! :)

Worked 6 hours OT this morning. Waiting for neighbor to come down with his boy so the boy can apologize for shooting paintballs all over my house. I would think he would want to do it asap, but I guess they are busy.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:mrgreen: I am back went to lowes and got sand paper how ever the power sander busted a gear and no longer works wall1 also got numerous blisters from sanding by hand.......:cry:

Tip#2 for durhans water putty a little goes along way so do not put on too thick as it will make the next step a lot more work:curse: Still think it is an awesome product.

I got a junk catolog today that has an Lionel PRR flyer with 0-8-0 loco for $210.00 anyone see them at hobby shop or stores and if so what are they going for?:wave:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good Evening All, Weather not so nice today, damp and gloomy 38 right now. No trains today, went to watch grandsons race their pinewood cars. Then of course Sat. is football day. Sorry Pa. John,it was a close one...TTFN...S.J.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Wow, this was a busy day today. Watched 6 football games thanks to remote control. :mrgreen:

John B and I are only about a month apart in age, I am the older one. Next Friday is the big 70 for me. Still like to play with trains. :thumb:

Hope everyone checks out the auction going on over on the other forum, lots of cheap stuff.
balloon6
Sir James, Not to worry, I had a feeling they were about to lose one, heads were getting a little big.

One more football item, our HS team lost their first playoff game last evening. Again this was not unexpected as they were the lowest seed and had to play the highest which was 10-0 while our team was 6-4, actually made a pretty good showing 35-14, better than I expected, the team they played is rated #2 in PA.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 49 and clear. The high will be in the low 70's and it will be partly cloudy.

Yesterday I started on the DCC conversion of the SDP40F's. I got the B unit done. It now has a Digitrax DZ125 decoder and has been set so it's normal direction of travel is reverse. I'll get the A unit done today if I have time.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/9/2008

Wind Chill: 46°F
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 38°F

So Far Today
High: 49°F
Low: 45°F
Gust: 6mph NE

Today High: 72 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010123.jpg

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
It's 36 degrees here in St. Louis and just chilling out. I guess I'll go play in the basement in a little while, then play some video games with my son, and then we're going to my folks' house for dinner. That should about do it! Had a fender bender yesterday, a guy hit my rear bumper at a light. I'll have to get that looked over tomorrow, we'll be at a funeral most of the day anyway. We're taking the kids out of school for the day for that.

John F - in case I forget, early Happy Birthday to you!

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD EVENING, Cold and we are expecting flurries tonite. Nothing on the ground I don't think, it's still 40. No trains today I had good intentions but didn't make it. Have a good Monday...S.J.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007

Good evening.

:band1: tuned into 80's music at the moment

Got some more sand paper and will work on table some more tonight as I am Wii'ed out from bowling, base ball and tennis on the Wii.sign1
:patriot1: :patriot1::patriot1::patriot1::patriot1: Thank you to all the Veterans Past Present and Future

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
:patriot1: :patriot1::patriot1::patriot1::patriot1: Thank you to all the Veterans Past Present and Future
As veterans I, my father and my brother-in-law thank you. BIL (my older sister's husband) is in Iraq right now as a civilian contractor helping the marines. My younger sister's daughters husband is in Afghanistan with his unit at this time.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Actually ran some trains this evening, Ran a mixed freight powered by two RSD-15 diesels in a lash up. Also put the newest additon to the motive power fleet through its paces. A new Rail King Scale PRR GP-9.

ry%3D400

It is actually set up correctly to run with the long hood forward as you can see by the F marking on the running board and the fireman is looking forward. Being RK Scale it has smoke and cab figures. It should lash up well with my MTH PRR SD-9.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
John Nice locomotive great details:thumb:

Got some more work done only have to touch up one spot where the wood putty was brittle and chipped away when sanded will have to rework that small section and hope to get a base coat of primer on table by Tuesday :mrgreen:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 50 and cloudy here this morning. The high is expected to be around 70 and it will be partly cloudy.

I never got the chance yesterday to install the decoder in the SDP40F A unit as my hands were shaking too much. Maybe today. I have to go see the foot doc early this afternoon so he can tsk and cluck over my feet some more but other than that my schedule is pretty well open.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/10/2008

Wind Chill: 47°F
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 38°F

So Far Today
High: 50°F
Low: 48°F
Gust: 9mph ESE

Today High: 72 Mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Showers and thunderstorms becoming likely after midnight
. Lows in the mid 50s to lower 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

P1010263.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was a crisp 43 F as I headed out the door this morning. High will reach 50 F.

I did some chores around the house this weekend. I raked the leaves in the front yard with help from the kids. I am amazed how many of my neighbors who have kids that are my kids age don’t have the kids helping. When I was 10 I was raking leaves and mowing the lawn. With the kids’ help we got the yard done in less than an hour.

My son distributed his Scouting for Food bags. He did on Sunday morning since it was raining on Saturday. He will collect them next Saturday.

I got all the materials I need to repair the basement step. However, every time I went to start something else came up. I am hoping to get to it tonight.

I ran some trains for about a half hour last night. Funny how just doing something simple like running a short train made me feel good and relaxed. I also straighten up the layout some and entered some recently finished cars into my computer inventory.

I hope everybody has a good day.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007

Good morning everybody :java1:

Still laid off from jobs wall1 but hanging in there:cry:

Diet is getting a little harder as weight is yo-yoing up then down and up again, I am getting more exercise now:thumb: