Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 37 and clear. The high is expected to be in the upper 60's and it will be partly cloudy.

Did some work on the Lakeside Shipping building and the Midtown Consolidators building yesterday. The latter now has it's loading docks reattached. The balance of the day was spent on outdoor projects. Today I'll see if I can get to the Walther's engine house an evict it's 8 legged resident, a largish wolf spider. I also need to go through the gas station details I received from another modeler and see what I'll be using right away and put the others in the parts bin for future use. I also have to go through the parts bin and toss out whatever can't be used. I know there're a couple of Bachmann diesels (FT's I think) that I need to look at. They could probably be made to run quite well with the proper attention but are pre-DCC dinosaurs.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/22/2009

Wind Chill: 34°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 38°F

So Far Today
High: 39°F
Low: 37°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

cond026.gif
Today High: 68 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

cond002.gif
Tonight Low: 52 Mostly clear until late night then becoming partly cloudy. Warmer. Lows in the lower 50s. South winds around 10 mph.

P1220888.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Lucy has been to the vet and has her stiches out. Now to cook breakfast. Warming fast. Snow willb e gone by noon I bet. Suppose to be around 57 tomorrow. Later.

sir james

Good evening, Chief you need to talk to those guys, we are getting cob-webs in here. Hi 20s today, but no sun to melt the snow. Forty in the morning but 10 by sundown. Did some layout wiring today....S.J.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 54 and partly cloudy. The high is expected to be around the mid 70's and it will be partly cloudy.

I caught the wolf spider that was residing in my Walther's engine house and relocated it to the underside of my neighbor's trailer. That should make a dent in the bug population there. Now that the engine house has been vacated I can start work on modifying the doors. I intend to make the two single doors into one large door as I did with the old engine house at the other end of the layout. Car problems continue. It's starting to look like an injector issue. It runs OK but is somewhat jerky on acceleration. I'm going to run some Seafoam cleaner through it at the end of the month, sooner if I can get the money for it before then. It's $8 a bottle. That's a lot cheaper than a new injector. There;s 6 of those babies. At $89 each that comes to $534 just for the injectors. That doesn't include the cost of new gaskets and seals for the intake system, all of which must be disassembled to get to the fuel rails. Had dinner with the parents yesterday. Beef tips with rice and gravy, green beans, sweet potato and dinner rolls then attended fire dept safety meeting during which we had a fire call come in. Turned out it was a contained control burn. I'm watching CSB safety videos today. (CSB=Chemical Safety and Hazards Investigation Board). Real eye opening stuff! It's really surprising what a lack of knowledge of safety procedures can do. Well I've bored you enough for one day.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/23/2009

Wind Chill: 54°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 52°F

So Far Today
High: 55°F
Low: 53°F
Gust: 7mph SSW

Today High: 75 Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010815.jpg

jefelectric

Is anybody out there? Hello, just in case there is. I missed a few days myself so I can't complain to much.

A nice weekend to all.

Chief Eagles

Off to bed. Really warmed up today. Got to 59 degrees. Cold front on the way and still going to be above freezing. Cold and wet later next week but not calling for frozen stuff.

Chief Eagles

Wake up, wake up. Coffee smells good. Breakfast is cooking. Off to Miss Edna's [Todd's Train Depot] after breakfast. Have a great weekend.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 60 and cloudy. The high should be around 50 and it looks like there's a chance of rain.

Didn't get much done yesterday. Just did the laundry, worked on the car a bit and speed matched a pair of Athearn GP38-2's

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/24/2009

Wind Chill: 61°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 59°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 57°F
Gust: 5mph S

Now through 09:00 AM CST January 24, 2009

cond076.gif
Through 9 AM...spotty very light rain showers or patches of drizzle will continue to develop and move east across the region. Most of this activity will be found across the southwestern third of Louisiana. Rainfall amounts will be just a few hundredths of an inch in most locations.

cond109.gif
Today High: 52 Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Much cooler. Highs in the lower 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

cond002.gif
Tonight Low: 38 Mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming partly cloudy after midnight then becoming mostly cloudy late. A 20 percent chance of showers in the evening. Colder. Lows in the upper 30s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010759.jpg

sir james

Good evening, sunny and cold today, we have lots of snow on the ground and no warm weather in sight. ran some trains today....S.J.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning. Been off the net this morning due to a cable problem that took around 5 hours to repair. It just came back on within the hour.

It's 39 and foggy here. The high should be around 50 and it will be partly cloudy.

P1010071.jpg

sir james

Hi Jeffrey, looks like this caboose is heading for the cutting torch. It was 15 and sunny today and I did next to nothing...S.J.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 45 and cloudy. The high is expected to be around 57 and it will be partly cloudy.

This morning I'll be off to the docs office for my standard physical. That includes being stuck with needles. Yeesh!

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/26/2009

Wind Chill: 40°F

Humidity: 87%

Dew Point: 41°F

So Far Today
High: 47°F
Low: 45°F
Gust: 8mph ENE

Now through 09:00 AM CST January 26, 2009

Patches of light rain or sprinkles can be expected over interior southeast Texas extending into central Louisiana. This activity will maintain a very rapid northeast movement around 30 mph resulting in little more than trace amounts of rainfall.

Today High: 58 Cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. A 20 percent chance of showers in the late morning and afternoon. Highs in the upper 50s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 58 Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Warmer. Lows in the upper 50s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

P9120423.jpg

jeffrey-wimberl

That's called vegetation. You know, absorbs carbon dioxide, puts off oxygen.

Came through the physical with flying colors. I go back for another one in March.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Good Afternoon everyone. Been awhile since i checked in on things here. Been busy with alot of things. Also started having computer problems again and hoping to get that fixed soon. Hope everything is going good for all of you. Just wanted to stop in and say hi. Have a great day.