Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

sir james

Good Evening, No rain here, ten inchs of snow. At 4:30 AM we had dry streets and green grass, by 8AM couldn't see across the street. No trains or nap today just moving snow around. I think 10PM may be as far as I go tonite. S.J.

CSXect

Well went shopping today and found two old x-formers one American Flyer and a Lionel(needs cord replacement) 5 bucks each:thumb: only an true trainiac would get excited over a couple old train transformers:cry:sign1

rained most of the day, snow by Sunday:curse:

:wave:

jeffrey-wimberl

My sister and I went out to eat tonight at the
Wagon Master, the local steak house. She had an 8 ounce
sirloin, baked sweet potato and side salad and I had my usual, a 8 ounce sirloin, 1/2 rack of ribs and side salad with a Dr Pepper. We had most of the meal in peace, until somebody's kid started screaming to beat the band. Time to leave. Put me anywhere in a restaurant, just not near a screaming kid! But that wasn't quite the end of it. We had just about gotten back home, still three miles out, when an owl flew out right in front of us. All I remember of it is an explosion of feathers! There's no apparent damage to the truck, which is a very good thing, seeing as it belongs to my niece's live-in boyfriend. The only reason we were using it is because my sister's Caddilac has become undependable of late and she's seriously considering getting a new car. If she has her way about it it'll be a Nissan Altimma. My BIL has his heart set on a Mustang but she says 'That ain't happening', especially not for no $29K! It's nice to be back home starring at the comforting warm glow of the monitor screen knowing that not three feet away the weather is trying to go crazy. It's foggy, it's clear, it's raining then it's foggy again. All in all it's been about a normal night.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 66 and cloudy out here by the lake. The high will be around the mid 70's and it will be mostly cloudy.

Didn't do a whole lot done yesterday as the weather was rather uncooperative, making any tasks to be done outside nearly impossible. I did get some decal work done however and I had to change out one of the decoders in my GP38-2 set. Seems it has a bad memory and can't retain it's settings for more than a day before it reverts to it's factory settings. It's a Bachmann decoder. Go figure. I may be able to adapt it to some accessory use in the future. When I can afford to get a couple of DZ125's the Bachmann decoders will be yanked out of both locos and replaced by the DZ's. Not sure what I'll be doing today, just whatever turns up.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/20/2008

Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph SW

Today High: 75 Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. A 20 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Colder. Lows in the mid 40s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph in the evening becoming north 10 to 15 mph after midnight.

P1010623.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Partly cloudy and WARM. Did finally get to see sun yeaterday afternoon. Now more rain coming back in tonight. Hope to get to Todd's train Depot today.

sir james

Good Evening, just checking in as usual. No snow today but a little more expected overnite. I did a little train fussin today but nothing major. Take care all S.J.

Chief Eagles

Evening all. Back from two Chirstmas parties. Full [had to eat at both]. Good night. Hope I can get my butt up for early Church and SS.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 48°, cloudy and quite windy here by the lake this morning. We have winds between 15 - 25 mph bringing on a wind chill of 37°. I don't expect to see any rise in the temp as todays high should be around 48°. It will be partly cloudy.

Well there wasn't much to yesterday. I watched one of my neighbors working on a sea wall and I helped my father move some cedar logs. Those things were pretty big. First time I'd seen cedar 2 feet across. Later I went to Lowe's and got some tools I needed and picked up some Sharpie's as well. I got two metallic and one each of red, blue, green and black, all with fine and ultra-fine tips.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/21/2008

Wind Chill: 37°F
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 34°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 44°F
Gust: 26mph NNE

Important Message

Lake wind advisory in effect until 6 PM cst this afternoon.

Today High: 48 Partly cloudy. Breezy. Much cooler. Highs in the upper 40s. North winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.

Tonight Low: 28 Partly cloudy. Colder. Lows in the upper 20s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010012-9.jpg

Chief Eagles

Afternoon all. Back from Early Church and SS. Rained hard at Early Church. Sun came out during SS. Now turning cooler and windy. Have a good one.

sir james

Same thing here, eight degrees and wind gust 35 to 40. No use messing with the snow till the wind slows, about wednesday maybe. No trains just being lazy..S.J.

CSXect

Hello, been a cold windy day today, been working on my newly acquired x-formers one needs a cord both need cleaning on contacts both are functioning:thumb:(a bonus as I got them because they are very old x-formers the flyer one says made in Chicago USA
and is a model 1024:cool:

Happy Holidays everyone:wave:

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 28 here with a wind chill of 19 and it is clear. The high should be around 40 and it will be partly cloudy.

Not much went on yesterday. It was too windy to do anything outside that would be connected with the layout so no weathering, painting, stripping, etc. There was a little layout work done but nothing serious. My niece got the carpet put down in both bedrooms of her home yesterday, the kitchen sink went in and all the plumbing is connected. They now have water. My sister is hoping they're out of her house before the end of January. That'll give her another room for storage. I keep telling her she wouldn't need all that storage space if she wasn't such a pack rat but that only gets me a dirty look. Besides, she had a good teacher. My mother turned pack ratting into a fine art and is only now starting work on clearing one of three rooms that are packed floor to ceiling with the junk she's collected over a span of fifty plus years.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/22/2008

Wind Chill: 19°F
Humidity: 42%
Dew Point: 8°F

So Far Today
High: 32°F
Low: 28°F
Gust: 16mph NNE

Today High: 42 Partly cloudy early in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 40s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Lowest wind chill readings 16 to 35 in the morning.

Tonight Low: 38 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain after midnight. Not as cool. Lows in the upper 30s. Temperature steady or slowly rising after midnight. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010119.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 14 F as I tried to head out this morning. Our high will be 27 F. We had some icing on Saturday night and Sunday morning. Yesterday things got warm enough that the ice started to melt. With the cold temperatures last night everything refroze including the van doors. It took me about twenty minutes this morning to get into the van. Then when I went to use the drive-up ATM the window would not go down. Just to top this off the zipper on my coat broke. Luckily I could button it. Yes sir, it is a Monday!

We did a bunch of Christmas shopping. I think I about one or two gifts from being done.

I finished adding the couplers and trucks to the P2K stock cars. I also finished assembling the Accurail stock car. I now have five stock cars ready for weathering.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Chief Eagles

Cold this AM. In the 20's [did not get as cold as forecast]. 40's with strong winds. Yankee invasion of cold. Back in the 60's by Christmas. Got to run. Chat later.

jefelectric

It was COLD this morning, don't know how cold as the outdoor thermometer needs a new battery. Wind blew like crazy all night, neighbor lost some aluminum face board cladding. Wind has slowed a little and the sun is out so it has warmed up some. Grandson was here last evening and we ran trains for about 2 hours. Now he has decided that he wants to build a train layout. Not sure if it will last. At this age, 13, he changes wants pretty fast. I will help him as long as it lasts, keep him out of other less desirable activities.

Time for lunch. Everybody keep warm.

CSXect

Hello, been a cold windy day today, been working on my newly acquired x-formers one needs a cord both need cleaning on contacts both are functioning:thumb:(a bonus as I got them because they are very old x-formers the flyer one says made in Chicago USA
and is a model 1024:cool:

Happy Holidays everyone:wave:

Opps wrong model number it is an American Flyer # 1250 75 wattsign1

It is extreamly cold out, it is a northern invasion alright but from Canada:mrgreen:

sir james

Good evening, sun today soared all the way to 17, 5 tonite and then a slight warmup. But wind has slowed to not a problem, thats what makes it feel really cold like yesterday. Train story of the day: grandsons rode the christmas train at the mall. Have a good tomorrow....S.J.