Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 34 F as I headed out onto the bizarre roads this morning. High will be 46 F with more rain likely. There were lots of traffic and plenty of closed roads due to the overnight rain, sleet, snow, and freezing rain. Ice cover tress and branches were down in various places and I had to drive around them. In a few places the roads were blocked by them and the wires they brought down. I did not encounter any icy roads but it was still another hour plus commute.

No modeling last night. We were doing stuff to prepare for our Cub Scout Holiday Party and Pack Meeting tonight.

I hope everybody has a good day.

sir james

Good evening all, snow had stopped by daylite, about three inchs. cloudy and 27 all day. I ran the trains for a little while today but you know there are only so many things that one can do in the house all day. Oh well after the 21st we will start to get a little more light each day. I always look forward to that. Have a good evening...S.J.

jefelectric

Good evening,

Went to the fitness center today, only the 2nd time this month. With the busy schedule and not feeling the greatest, it's been hard to fit it in. Still working on finishing the doll house, a little baseboard to go, stairs to finish, chimney cap to finish and install and light fixtures to install. Should make it by Christmas. :thumb:

The latest issue of RMC has a neat article on Linn Moedinger's HOn3 layout. If you don't recognize the name, he is the president of our local Strasburg Railroad. Some other good articles as well, this is a great issue.

Jeffrey, Are all of your engines now DCC?

Weather today was weird, Started out cloudy with light rain on top of yesterdays snow and by early afternoon the sun was out bright and it had warmed up considerably. Don't know what the temp was but it seems like a spring day.

Lester, That weather phenomenon may be due to the temperature difference between the canal water and the land on either side. It could be either higher or lower depending on the time of day and time of year.

jeffrey-wimberl

Now that the rain has let up I've been working on the first two strips of hedgerow for the edge of the park. These are nothing more than pieces of dark blue fiber furnace filters with plenty of green spray paint laid on with some generous applications of green blended turf between paint applications and a final layer of blended turf on top.

P1010696.jpg

P1010697.jpg

sir james

Good Evening, Temp stayed at 27 but sun was out this afternoon. Like many others we are expecting a snow storm to arrive before morning. No trains today, just goofed off. Have a safe trip if your traveling in the snow tomorrow. S.J.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 66 and very cloudy. The high will be around 75 and it will be partly cloudy.

I got a break in the weather yesterday and got out the filter material, blended turf and spray paint and made the hedgerows I've been planning for the past week. Today I'll start on putting them in place. The location must be prepared first. The lichen that's now there must be removed and the dried glue needs to be taken off the surface. Hope I have a couple of hours to rub together.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/19/2008

Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 18mph NNE

Today High: 75 Areas of fog in the morning. Cloudy in the morning... Then partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 62 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010400.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

The temperature was 33 F and dry when I left this morning. High will be 40 F. After all the hype it would appear that we will only get rain in my area instead of the snow, sleet, and freezing rain they were calling for yesterday.

No modeling last night. We wound up doing some Christmas shopping. I also was backing up files from the computer. The hard drive has been acting odd lately and I fear we may lose it. So if I disappear for a few days it is because I maybe computerless.

I would like to finish the Accurail stock car I started and also install the couplers and trucks on the P2K stock cars. Beyond that I have no idea what is in store for the weekend. I am sure it will involve Christmas shopping.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Keep that ice and snow up there. We don't need it down here in Louisiana. These crazy rednecks get crazy ideas when there's something like that around.

jefelectric

So far it has been 99% rain here. A little freezing rain first thing this morning and a tiny bit around noon, it may be changing now, I haven't been out of the basement since it got dark. :mrgreen:

Looks like we will end the year pretty close to average precipitation level. I think we got close to an inch today.