Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

Chief Eagles

Morning all from DC. Staying in the Plaza and it is not up to par. In the guest book, long list of foreign languages spoken. One should be ENGLISH. Rainy and no snow here in DC. Some in VA and MD. Later

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 37 and clear. The high is expected to be in the upper 50's and it will be partly cloudy.

Spent part of yesterday testing some old power packs that I'll be sending out to people who have asked for them. Out of 7 tested only 1 showed up as bad so the rest will be sent out. Three are the standard Bachmann controllers, 1 is a BAchmann Spectrum controller and 2 are Athearn Train Packs. Also spent part of the day helping clean up after the storm night before last then spent the rest of the day recovering from the cleanup work.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/12/2008

Wind Chill: 37°F
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 26°F

So Far Today
High: 38°F
Low: 34°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 58 Mostly sunny until late afternoon then becoming partly cloudy. Not as cool. Highs in the upper 50s. North winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 38 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. East winds around 5 mph.

p1010629.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 39 F as I headed out this morning. High today will be 42 with more rain. We had close to 3 inches of rain overnight. Many roads are closed due to flooding. Even with the flooding this was the first morning in four that I did not have an adventure getting to work. It took my normal amount of time.

I worked some more on assembling the P2K Mather stock car and I started another one. I am almost done having to put the trucks on, install the couplers and add a few other details to both cars.

This weekend will be grocery shopping and family Christmas pictures. I would like to finish the stock cars.

I hope everybody has a good day.

CSXect

Good morning.

I just got my books I ordered from Carstens publishing I now have a complete up to date collection of On30 Annual :thumb: lots of neat ideas and projects to try out:cool:

CSXect

:cool:

That is cool, but how did you get the numbers in the mirror to not be a reversed image?sign1 was there a little bit of editing involved:mrgreen: Cool idea:thumb: The Club I was in a few years ago had a mirror under a tunnel and angled so it would reflect only the car that was up against it really cool effect:cool:

sir james

GOOD EVENING ALL, a cold 22 with some snow showers today but nothing to do any fussin about. Not much going on today either, train show tomorrow but I have nothing on my want list, I'll just have to wing it. TTFN..S.J.

jeffrey-wimberl

:cool:

That is cool, but how did you get the numbers in the mirror to not be a reversed image?sign1 was there a little bit of editing involved:mrgreen: Cool idea:thumb: The Club I was in a few years ago had a mirror under a tunnel and angled so it would reflect only the car that was up against it really cool effect:cool:
I flipped it in MSPaint.

Snowfall in this area fram the last storm was very, very light but Amite (A-meet) got 8 inches of the stuff. WOW!

Brutus

Glad I've got a job. Good day at work today - we sent out for Thai food which was great and somebody brought in donuts too! Still not really hungry
icon_smile_shock.gif
Maybe I'll have a little sandwich before bed or something. Working tomorrow 6 hours and then nothing going on for the rest of the weekend - might get to run trains and also want to put up some drywall, it's been a while.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 42 and clearin the Sportsman's Paradise. The high will be in the mid 60's and it will be partly cloudy.

Yesterday I finally got my SPSF Kodachrome GP38-2 running well after going through two bum motors. They work but any locomotive they're put in will make a snail look like it's turbo-charged. For now it has a Bachmann 1 amp decoder but will get upgraded to a Digitrax DZ125 as soon as I can get my hands on one. Cash is pretty tight right now and train stuff is just not in the budget. Imagine my surprise yesterday when I check my snail mail and find a small box containing not one, but two 1:87 vehicles. A Hot Wheels VW Bug and a Reel-Rides Mini Cooper. There was no return address on the package though the post-mark indicates it came from Detroit Michigan. Whoever sent it, you know who you are, you have my thanks. You made my day.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/13/2008

Wind Chill: 35°F
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 33°F

So Far Today
High: 42°F
Low: 37°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 12mph SSE

Today High: 65 Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 58 Mostly cloudy. Warmer. Lows in the upper 50s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010645-1.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good afternoon folks

It is a cold and windy 33 F. The wind chill is down around 20 F. High today under a clear sky will be 37 F.

We did some Christmas shopping last night and have more to do today. We are going to try to visit the new hobby shop that replaced Mitchell’s. It is a close of blocks away from Mitchell’s on US 202 in Wilmington, DE.

No modeling last night.

I hope everybody has a good day.

sir james

I think Detroit is starting to "export" foreign cars in the hope that domestic cars will start selling....
Well it was the greedy oil companys and their high gasoline prices that started this world wide downspin on all kinds of products, in fact everything that has to be transported has gone up in price. you noticed how the price of gas has gone down, they want to be invisable right now. Train show today was pretty good but I bought very little, spent One dollar on a bag of plasticville parts. Lite snow showers turning to rain tomorrow. S.J.

steamhead

You will also notice that prices for stuff that went up in the days of near $5/gal. gas have NOT come down..?? Now some other folks are having their turn at scalping the public....