Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

L

lester perry

Lester, I like those clips. Where did you find them? I always need an extra hand. Also will hold things still until they dry. Got this cold to fight. Warmer today. Later.
Well Chief they are a strange contraption. the aligator clamps are from Radio Shack. the flexable part is found at http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=818&PMITEM=240-7509. Look at previous and next page also. All you have to do is mount it to something and shove the alligator clips in. I love it. you can move it almost any way you want and it stays there.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 32 and clear. High is expected to be around 57 and it will be clear.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/6/2008

Wind Chill: 32°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 29°F

So Far Today
High: 37°F
Low: 32°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 58 Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 32 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. North winds around 5 mph.

P1010487.jpg

jefelectric

Jeffrey, That sounds like a heat wave. It was 16 here this morning and it is still 2 weeks till the first day of Winter. :mrgreen:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good afternoon folks

It is 34 F right now with a high of 39 F. We are supposed to get some snow later tonight. It is only supposed to be less than an inch but it will cause panic and chaos.

Not much going on right now. I just picked-up my daughter from a sleep-over. She had a seventh grade dance last night and then went to a sleep over afterwards. We ran a few errands. One was mailing our Cub Scout’s Christmas cards that they made for the Red Cross’ Holiday Mail for Heroes program. The cards will be delivered to wounded soldiers and their families.

I am planning on heading out front to do leaves. Later we will be heading head out to get the Christmas tree. Maybe later I will get downstairs to the workbench and layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

I did a little decal work on the SDP40F's today. Bit of a challenge without the glasses but I managed. The decals were made by a friend in Ohio.

The A unit:
P1010541.jpg

And the B unit:
P1010545.jpg

CSXect

Anyone ever make a mock up of a model to get a general idea of size and shape, I just made a mess with cardboard and hot glue making a mock up of 89' auto rack to be made as soon as I build my work shop(construct resistance soldering station and assemble a drill press, and buy or make a sheet metal brake).:thumb: Not very pretty but I now have a feel for the size of the projectsign1

CSXect

Jeffery nice clean paint job on SDP40F's.:thumb:

here is a pic of my bench work so far.

Attachments

• mvc-001s.jpg
    mvc-001s.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 4

sir james

GOOD EVENING, snow is over, about three inch's. 28 degrees going down to 19. An indoor day, got the paper, got the mail, that was it. Watched tv and ran some trains. Hpoe your Sunday is a good one..S.J.

Pooh Bah
We went out and murdered a Fraser Fir this morning. Cold and a bit of snow on the return trip, but nothing serious. Had the tree mounted and lit before Prairie Home Companion. Polar Express now running underneath it.
One cat has been confined because of an ALC injury (strained knee ligament). She seemed to be getting better but in a moment's inattention she sprang down the stairs and seems to be limping again.
The Electric people came on Thursday and took away our old fridge. Very old - came with the house and the guys said 50s or 60s. This is a free program to remove inefficient appliances from the electric load. They denied that they were sent on to 3rd world countries. We have added a pile of shelves in there and I still don't have any more room.

L

lester perry

My youngest son stopped by to borrow my truck, he is moving some appliances. No Pooh Bah he's not coming to Canada. Um I don't think. Listen if you see a guy with a beard running around in an 03 Blue and silver Dodge Dakota 4 door pickup with Delaware H/C tags Tell him to get is rear to his Dads house now. Back to what I was going to say. We got enough snow to paint the ground white and it is coolld here. I understand it is supposed to be in the teens here tonight. I know some of you guys will say that's not cold. OK I am to cold to argue I think its cold. I think I am going to bed now so Good night every one.

jefelectric

Just got home from a Christmas dinner and music at Messiah College. Very good evening. Friend was driving which I greatly appreciated as it was a little dicey at spots.

My pond heater died. Not sure when as I think last night was the first night cold enough to turn it on since I put it in the pond. Woke up this morning and the waterfall and filter were stopped. Turns out the heater had tripped the GFI. Put in a new heater which I had on hand and connected it to a different outlet than the pumps. Don't want that to happen again as if they are stopped too long in subfreezing temps, I will not get them going again.

I think Summer must be over. :rolleyes:

Chief Eagles

Tried to sign on when I got home from lake house. Kept giving me site under maintenance. Very cold rain. Maybe flurries up at the lake. Taking two Theraflus and to bed [been reclinerizing]. Good night.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 36 and clear with some haze. High is expected to be around 60 and it will be partly cloudy.

I got some decal work done yesterday on the SDP40F's. The Amtrak name and logo were removed and the L&A logo was added on the side of the cab of each unit. There are still several more units to decal and I'll get to them eventually.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/7/2008

Wind Chill: 36°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 34°F

So Far Today
High: 38°F
Low: 35°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

Today High: 60 Partly cloudy. Highs around 60. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 38 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010032-1.jpg

CSXect

:wave:

Good morning

We have an accumulation of snow on the ground, winter is here:mrgreen: not much decorating this year with lights for 2 reasons electric bill and too cold to fool with them outside:cry: may have a simple display of trains until I get the needed track pieces to start on my display layout:thumb: