Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Nice pics CSX and Jeffrey! Welcome home, SJ1! Nothing going on here in St. Louis. Had a busy day at work and now just chilling out watching tv with my son and checking the 'net. Need to start planning my next layout :)

CSXect

:thumb::thumb: Nice car Congrats!!! :thumb::thumb:

What the pic does not show is the November issue of CTT in the back seat:twisted: most people were more interested in the older cars but of those who did look at my car were Pontiac fans and ohhed and awhed over the ram air and the ws6 package:mrgreen: was only one other pontiac there a 68 Firebird and it was nice, I like seeing the older pontiacs
at shows:thumb: I plan on attending the next show Oct. 12th hope to win again but not counting on it, nexts shows awards will feature a Ford Falcon(won the managers choice award this show)

Jeffery cool idea for air conditioner/factory. sign1:thumb:

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 62 and clear. The high should be in the low 80's today and it will be clear and sunny.

Yesterdays visit to the docs office was a bust. For one thing they had scheduled me for one time and told me to come in at another time, When I got there at the time I was told to be there I had already missed the appointed time by several hours and they were packing up to leave. Also, there had been a foul-up in the paperwork. They had somehow gotten the impression that I'm on MediCare. I told them for the umpteenth time I'm on MediCaid. Big difference there. MediCare pays 80% while I would have to pay 20%. MediCaid pays the entire cost but all cost estimates have to be sent to MediCaid for pre-approval. That usually takes several weeks. They'll let me know when the paperwork comes back. So it looks like I had a nice drive to DeRidder and back. While on the way there I came upon a slight traffic jam. A log truck had pulled out of an access road and was crossing the highway when the trucks transmission decided it was time to turn into many unconnected pieces. The truck stopped dead as a hammer with both southbound lanes completely blocked. I quickly looked the situation over, decided there was nothing I could do then turned onto the access road, pulled a u-turn then exited onto the highway on the other side of the truck and continued my trip. It wasn't long before those who had been behind me followed suit. Other than that, it was an uneventful trip.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/1/2008

Wind Chill: 62°F
Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 55°F

So Far Today
High: 66°F
Low: 62°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 82 Sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. North winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Northeast winds around 5 mph in the evening becoming southeast after midnight.

P1010102-2.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 60 F as I rolled off into the morning traffic jams. High today will be 74 F and they say we may get some showers. We had a nasty thunder boomer move through last night around 10 PM. It had some window rattling thunder and quite a light show.

No modeling last night. We finished decorating the outside of the house for Halloween. My daughter’s volleyball team won their match. They lost the first game 26-24, won the second 25-17, and the third 15-12. My daughter went in as a sub halfway through the first game and stayed in until almost the end of the third game. She had a couple of miffs but she also had a couple of good saves and scored one point on a volley and also one point on her serve.

Tonight is Cub Scouts. We have popcorn training and then I will be working with the Tigers on their Bobcat badge requirements.

I hope everybody has a good day.

CSXect

Jeffery is that a transfer caboose in the last pic you posted???

It is cold and damp out Think I will work on the train layout today:wave:

In the mail today I got an American Models catolog lots of neat S scale stuff:cool:

jeffrey-wimberl

Jeffery is that a transfer caboose in the last pic you posted???:cool:
Yes, it is. I kit-bashed it from a Model Power flatcar and a crane car cabin of unknown origin. I stuffed the stuffed the cabin with weight and hot glue strips of lead to the bottom of the car to bring it up to NMRA weight standards.

sir james

GOOD EVENING ALL, well I could talk about the weather but its not very nice. No trains again today as we spent some time at the mall and a few errands. But they are there waiting for me and some train running is not to far off in the days ahead. Enjoy your Thursday and stay safe....S.J.

CSXect

Yes, it is. I kit-bashed it from a Model Power flatcar and a crane car cabin of unknown origin. I stuffed the stuffed the cabin with weight and hot glue strips of lead to the bottom of the car to bring it up to NMRA weight standards.

:cool::thumb:

I did something close to that with an old AHM caboose body, basicly I removed the coupula and removed the sides directly under where the coupula was sanded edges and glued body back together. Not sure if I still have it but will look for it:thumb:

Chief Eagles

Sir J, glad you are doing good. Back from the lake. Now off to Richmond VA for Bass Pro Shops grand opening. Back Sunday afternoon. Will have laptop with me. Internet at lake house was too expensive for the time I will be there. No cable. Later.

Brutus

Hey Chief, speak up man! ;) Can you do dial-up from the cabin? Did you ever play around with that Ross switch? How did it work out?

Nice pic, Jeffrey - glad you weren't in that accident!

Sir James - I think I can hear them, they are lonely... "chooooooooo..... Choooooooooooo..... Come and play with us...." [swg]

jefelectric

Sir J, glad you are doing good. Back from the lake. Now off to Richmond VA for Bass Pro Shops grand opening. Back Sunday afternoon. Will have laptop with me. Internet at lake house was too expensive for the time I will be there. No cable. Later.

Your right Jim, I can barely hear him. Must have caught a cold at the lake. :mrgreen:

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 55 and clear. The high today should be in the mid 80's. It will be clear with lots of sunshine.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/2/2008

Wind Chill: 55°F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 51°F

So Far Today
High: 60°F
Low: 55°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 85 Sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Northwest winds around 5 mph in the evening becoming northeast after midnight.

P1010119.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 53 F as I headed out this morning. High today will be around 67 F with sun. I need to mow the lawn but I can’t until it dries out from the storms the last few days.

No modeling. We had Cub Scouts last night. We did popcorn fundraising training and I worked with our Tiger Cubs on their Bobcat requirements.

Today my daughter has a volleyball game. This one is supposed to be a benchmark for them as they are taking on one of the powerhouses in local High School volleyball. Supposedly the Middle School teams are very good also, so we will see how Drexel Hill Middle School 7th grade does against Garnet Valley Middle School 7th grade.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Chief Eagles

Morning. Cooler and low humidity. Picked some peppers [hot and sweet] to drop off at Miss Edna's [Todd's Train Depot] on the way to Richmond VA. Going to run some trains before I go. Brutus, no time to play around with anything. Working on lake house. Later this year I will get some time. The tiny type was for Sir. J. Have a good one.

jefelectric

Where the heck is everybody? The last post was the Chief at 9:38 AM on his way out of town. Now for a quiet weekend. :thumb: :mrgreen:

CSXect

:wave: I am here, spent the whole day running a yard sale made $10.00 will try again in the morning and on Saturday.

No trains today:cry:

Thinking about writing an essay article on S scale for MRH online mag, It is worth a try:mrgreen:

sir james

I'm here just no news about trains. Change in the weather however is a different story. 40s last nite,58 and cloudy today/lite rain. Have a safe friday...S.J.

Brutus

Chief - Gotcha. CSX - bummer on the sale, but maybe better tomorrow? Sorry, John - I was at work, gotta "earn". :rolleyes: Girl just got voted off on Suvivor, says "I'll probably never watch Survivor again" :eek:

Nice pic, Jeffrey. I like your scenery.

Chief Eagles

Where the heck is everybody? The last post was the Chief at 9:38 AM on his way out of town. Now for a quiet weekend. :thumb: :mrgreen:
What you think. Laptop will travel. See Yank, us REBS are everywhere :joust1:. Great Bass Pro Shops store in Ashland VA [just north of Richmond, the Nations real Capital :roll1:]
Good night all.

CSXect

. CSX - bummer on the sale, but maybe better tomorrow?
I sold a pair of hiking boots, a pair of womens shoes, 3 sweathoods, a Dino puzzle, and some small glass nick nacks. :mrgreen:

It was cold and damp and breeze today should be better in the morning and saturday may go to a pig roast on westside/Grovetucky area tomorrow evening.aussie

Nice pic, Jeffrey. I like your scenery.
:thumb: ditto on scenery :thumb:

Government looking into reestablishing passenger rail travel , including a Celevland to Columbus to Cincy route. Just think about all the sporting events that would generate travel with in the state. 2 base ball major teams, 2 football major teams, 1 Hockey team, 1 Soccer team and arena foot ball(is it still around????):steamtrain:

Status
Not open for further replies.