Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 62 and clear. Today's high should be in the mid 80's with plenty of sunshine.

Yesterday my internet service was about to drive me crazy. Up one minute, down the next, slow post times, photos loading at a snails pace. Last night it took five minutes to get a two line reply posted. This is an intermittent problem that's been ongoing for the last six months or so. Right now it's working very well so I hope the problem has been corrected. If there was a better broadband ISP in this area I'd go with them but there's not, so I'm stuck with what I have. Fiber-optics are great when the system is working right but have just one little thing go wrong and it's not worth crap.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/27/2008

Wind Chill: 60°F
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 53°F

So Far Today
High: 65°F
Low: 60°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 85 Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 80s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Northeast winds around 5 mph in the evening becoming light after midnight.

P1010078.jpg

rock island rocket

Jul 19, 2008
they took the lung out, could not save the top lobe . cancer was in all the "plumbimg" leading to and from that lung as well. they got all cut out that they could but had to leave a few cancer cells, hoping to wipe whats left out wih chemo after im healed from this surgery.

rock island rocket

Jul 19, 2008
dr giggles,,,,, lol i remember that movie!. low budget but freaky movie!

The all time worst B rated movie is Dr. Giggles, you have to watch it once just for the fun of it. I hear that killer clowns from outer space is a good classic movie.......also a good excuse to eat some banilla:mrgreen:

good night everyone:wave:

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave: tomorrow is the big day for the car show in grovetucky:mrgreen:

No work on trains today.

Watched a dvd called obsession that came with the Columbus Dispatch................some scarry stuff about well world situation so I went on line to get my mind off of some heavy issues :cry:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
HI ALL, not a big news day. overcast and maybe 70 today so I watched football. No train running today but I messed a bit, can't go in there without duing something. Have a good Sunday.....S.J.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Worked 8 OT and then ran some shelves to my friends, went back fr more and almost all were gone! Glad we got some - great price, FREE! Nice pic, Jeff, I like that one a lot. I've got a bunch of frozen fish fillets, anybody want some?

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Back from the lake house. Had fun. Worked, painted and slept. Got in tonight at 9 PM. Only 145 emails to go through. Canceled order for satellite internet service. Pricy and was good not having emails and town business poping up. Do have Direct TV. Town cell does not work for 20 miles west of Henderson, NC. Personal one does OK in house and on my property. Other places fair to none. Off to bed.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Nice pic, Jeff, I like that one a lot.
Yeah, that loco is one of a kind. It's my GP35/S6, a GP35 modified to run on lightweight rail.

Good morning.

It's 64 and clear. The high is expected to be in the mid 80's and it will be partly cloudy.

Yesterday I mowed my parents yard (if you could see it you'd know what a job that is, even with their huge mower) then did a few odd jobs around the property. Afterwards my mother and I went to El Giro's restaurant in town. It's good that she's able to get around again and we want her to get out of the house some. After that I came home and worked on the layout a bit and puzzled over the mystery drive in my GP35/S6 (chop-cut-rebuild) to try and determine where the parts came from in case I need to get replacements. I'm 95% certain the frame is Kato. The motor may be Roco. It was made in Austria. The trucks are the big mystery. They look ALMOST like the trucks in my Kato RSC2 but there are differences. All I can find on them is 'China'. I'm fairly certain the flywheels are Athearn. I can't complain about it's operation. It runs smooth as silk and I certainly have no complaint about it's price (FREE).

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/28/2008

Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 67%
Dew Point: 55°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 64°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NE

Today High: 85 Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 80s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 62 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s. North winds around 5 mph.

P1010097-1.jpg

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
!!!

they took the lung out, could not save the top lobe . cancer was in all the "plumbimg" leading to and from that lung as well. they got all cut out that they could but had to leave a few cancer cells, hoping to wipe whats left out wih chemo after im healed from this surgery.
Geeze!!! Hope you get better fast!!! Take Care!!!
Let us know how you're doing :D :D :D

rock island rocket

Jul 19, 2008
well each day gets better then the last as far as pain, i just got to remember not to over do it, i may go to train club monday night and say hi, maybe bring and run some trains from home, or just work on my modulars some more, i have some more grass to plant,

Nov 17, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
Afternoon there Rock hope your feeling better. I may be ending up somewhat like you but not as bad I hope as there doing a heart cath on me thursday and if they find something thet'll want to correct it then I know I do have a small blockage ( as was told my my previous heart doctor when he did a cath about 2 1/2 years ago. ) But said it was at a place where a stent wouldn't hold. also be very tricky to operate on as its on the back side of my heart in a artery right off the main artery back there.
Oh well time will tell no big news for today

talk to you all later

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave: tomorrow is the big day for the car show in grovetucky:mrgreen:

No work on trains today.

Watched a dvd called obsession that came with the Columbus Dispatch................some scarry stuff about well world situation so I went on line to get my mind off of some heavy issues :cry:

My car won top 10 for catogory 1980 and newer:thumb: out of 17 cars only 3 of us were in that catogorysign1 will scan my pic later.

rock island rocket

Jul 19, 2008
you know, i had a big surgery, but the pain is not as bad as one i had in 2004, im up moving around a lot sooner/faster.

maybe im just getting used to the pain, this does make surgery #5.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Hey CSX - Way to GO! Big congrats, man! :)

Ozzy, hope you are taking it easy, that is some serious surgery.

Nov 17, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
Rock one step at a time slow down and take it easy you'll get back to your ole self don't rush it. I know the feeling I get the same way at times. Hope This is your last 5 is more than enough for one person.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
you know, i had a big surgery, but the pain is not as bad as one i had in 2004, im up moving around a lot sooner/faster.

maybe im just getting used to the pain, this does make surgery #5.

Don't think you ever get used to pain, but I was surprised how little pain I experienced when I had bypass surgery. I guess they have perfected surgery over the years so that they don't do as much damage while correcting things.

Take care and don't overdo things to soon. All the best to you.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD EVENING ALL, just checking in. I was bad again today, no trains, just goofed off. Tomorrow nite I get to go and have a sleep test, seems weird knowing someone will watch you sleep. I'll practice tonite. Have a great monday...S.J.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
GOOD EVENING ALL, just checking in. I was bad again today, no trains, just goofed off. Tomorrow nite I get to go and have a sleep test, seems weird knowing someone will watch you sleep. I'll practice tonite. Have a great monday...S.J.

Been to a sleep lab many years ago they keep waking me up as soon as I was asleep I would stop breathing used a c-pap for years took awhile to get used to but no longer need it.

Ozzy hope for a speedy recovery(what ever you do don't go off the rails on a crazy train) just a little Rock n Roll humorsign1

Saw some interesting cars an English ford , a 68 firebird, and the manager(Drug mart)choice was a Ford Falcon convertible.

The next show at DrugMart in Grovecity on Stringtown and Park mead road is Oct. 12
they will have a chili contest as well as car show.

Status
Not open for further replies.