Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Hey, no errors on page and the margins aren't blown - yeah!

Nice day for basement work - had a nice talk with Kurt and then Sir James and time for a quick lunch and some construction. I'll post pics. TTFN

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Done been to Alexandria and back. Picked up a package of 40 Kadee #5 couplers, a Genesis Trinity covered hopper and a Bachmann remote left turnout.

The evacuation from the southern part of the state seems to be in full swing. The southbound lanes of hwy 171 through Leesville had almost no traffic while the traffic in the northbound lanes was insane!

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good evening, nice day here spent this PM with part of our little family, so no train running but I did win the bid on a Lonel caboose while I was out today. I waited two years for one at a price I was willing to pay. Looks like its in real good condition.
Have a great sunday....S.J.
Brutus, mine says done but with errors on page, as usual.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good evening all,

A nice day here today, after a total of .9" of rain yesterday and last night. Didn't go to the HS game as planned, to old to sit and watch a game in the rain. The boys did real well, 53 to 7 isn't to bad for an opener. :thumb:

Forecast is for a great Labor Day Weekend with lots of SUN. Not much planned here, normal Sunday tomorrow and then to the Daughters for a cook out on Monday. Should be 14 of us there.

Trains still sitting while I work on doll house.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 77 and mostly clear. The high is expected to be in the mid 90's with a chance of thunderstorms.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/31/2008

Heat Index: 81°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 81°F
Low: 76°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NE

As of 4 a.m. CDT, Gustav was centered about 425 miles southeast of the mouth of the Mississippi River, moving northwest at 16 mph. Along the northern Gulf Coast, a hurricane warning is in effect from east of Cameron, Louisiana, to the Alabama/Florida border, including Lake Pontchartrain and the City of New Orleans.

map_huralrt07_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x.jpg

Today High: 95 Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 90s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph with gusts to around 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy until late night then becoming mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph after midnight.

P1010002.jpg

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
PS - "Done with errors on page"

I think it's some advertisement or something, Sir James. I just checked and I get that same info. I'm running in protected mode, of course, but it could be that IE thinks something on the board is suspicious?

Packers#1

Ultimate Packers Fan
Jun 23, 2008
Aiken, SC
Well, if I seem in a bad funk around here for a while, here's why:
My buddy Shayne Odermatt (he was 13 or 14) died this weekend in a boating accident, I think. I do know he died. It sucks.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
A quick hello, Hot here today and for several more to come. while Jeff is going to get real wet, we have no rain forecast. No big train issues today just fussed around a little. Have a great monday....S.J.
Brutus--ditto

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Tropical storm wind warning now in effect until 1 am cdt tuesday...

A tropical storm wind warning and a flash flood watch are now in effect.

...parishes/counties affected...

beauregard...calcasieu...vernon.

tropical storm wind warning. Flash flood watch.

Persons in the warning area are advised to continue preparations to protect life and property.

evacuation information:

Beauregard parish.
A voluntary evacuation is in effect.

Calcasieu parish.
A mandatory evacuation is in effect as of noon today.

...winds...

Hurricane gustav is expected to make landfall along the south- central or southeast louisiana coast around noon monday as an extremely dangerous category 4 hurricane...with sustained winds of 130 mph and gusts up to 160 mph.

on the current path of gustav...tropical storm force winds are expected to begin impacting calcasieu parish by mid-afternoon on monday...then continue to spread northward toward deridder and leesville as gustav moves to the northwest. Wind gusts to hurricane strength will be possible monday night and tuesday...mainly north of deridder.

...probability of hurricane/tropical storm conditions...

Lake charles.
Tropical storm...66 percent.
Hurricane...16 percent.

Deridder.
Tropical storm...65 percent.
Hurricane...11 percent.

Leesville.
Tropical storm...64 percent.
Hurricane...9 percent.

3 to 6 inches of rainfall...with locally higher amounts...will be possible across southwest and west-central louisiana. Rainfall of this magnitude will likely result in flooding...and a flash flood watch is now in effect through tuesday afternoon.

...tornadoes...

Isolated tornadoes will be possible on monday and lasting into tuesday.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good evening folks

It has been a busy day. We got back from canoeing on the Brandywine Creek in Chester County. The trip we took was supposed to take 1 ½ hours but too k close to 2 hours and 15 minutes. The creek was running low so we ran aground quite a few times. I am sore. My son came home and crashed. I think he is down for the night.

This morning my daughter performed a flute solo in church. She did Amazing Grace.

I am contemplating a hot shower right now.

Packers#1, sorry for your loss.

Jeffery and everyone else in the path of Gustuv we are praying for you.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.