Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Howdy all. Just named MTH Mike's Trash House. Bought two more end of train devices. Opened the first one and all 6 springs of the sprung diecast trucks were missing. Now to take it back. Send us some rain. Were are getting dry. Had to water the turnip patch today. They are coming up and need water. Later

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
EVENING ALL, the CTT error is on page 46 wrong engine number listed and an easy one at that. 93 today and still no rain.been two weeks now and wasn't all that much then. I did a few small train projects today but nothing to talk about. have a good sunday...TTFN...S.J.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 74 and cloudy. The high is expected to be in the upper 80's. Showers and thunderstorms seem to be the order of the day as there's a very good chance of rain today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/24/2008

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE

Today High: 85 A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning... Then showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Locally heavy rainfall possible in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Showers likely. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Lows in the lower 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

P1010118.jpg

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Jeffrey, we've been doing a special incantation up here in St. Louis = Rain Rain go away, come again down in LA. Glad to hear it is working! :)

Had a nice email talk with Sir James until he got some rain and then I had a nice chat with that fine gentleman from Chicago, Doug Murphy, last night -- mostly about kids and grubs and beetles.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Morning all [be noon by the time I finish typing]. Went to early Church [yes, drug my lazy butt up and went] and Sunday School. Now to put a bookcase together that the wife bought. Hope to runt he trains this afternoon before going to MIL's. FIL's B'day. HAve a great week. LAter.

Nov 17, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
That's a nice locomotive, Jeffrey! Love that KCS. I wish Athearn would make O gauge trains along with their 1/50 JD and Ford stuff. I was going to do drywall today, but instead we went out for a lunch where I had a big salad with tuna = very sensible, CSX :) Then, we went to the hobby store so our daughter could pick out some beads. I nearly bought a $500 Chessie freight set with TMCC, except I didn't have $500 (-D I did pick up a farmer's market set from Woodland Scenics for my daughter's growing farm. Also got the new Lionel and K-Line catalogs. We had to leave, as my daughter got a little sick. She was feeling better soon though, so it might have been sinus pressure? Oh well, we're thinking about dinner now and just checking emails. Hope all had a restful day and lots of good fellowship with friends and family. TTFN

A2750B.jpg

Brutus I believe thats the set I'm picking up from my freind that owns a hobby shop in VA.

Hi all been working all this ot did 48 hours of OT the past 2 weeks and 24 this 2 week and looks like more the next 2 weeks. Not a lot going on here Just made some fudge both chocolate and chocolate peanut butter fudge:p

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good evening, a quick hello, also a quiet day at home which has been rare this summer on weekends. #2 son and family here yesterday to eat some outdoor burnt offerings so we goofed off today. I did a little training today but not much. get ready for monday...S.J.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 78 and mostly cloudy in the Sportsman's Paradise this morning. The high is expected to be in the upper 80's and there's a fair chance of rain.

Yesterday I converted an Athearn BB SD9 to DCC and prepared an old DC Proto 2000 E6 for a decoder.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/25/2008

Heat Index: 81°F
Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
High: 80°F
Low: 77°F
Gust: 10mph NW

Today High: 88 Mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the lower 70s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

P1010123.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 71 F this morning on its way to 83 F. It looks threatening right now and they say we could get some isolated thunderstorms.

We had a busy Saturday with my son’s exhibition football game. His team lost 13-0 in a very poorly played game by the first string. I can’t understand when something is not working why coaches keep trying to force it and don’t make player changes and then they can’t figure out why they got beat. On Sunday we did the old grocery shopping.

My son and I ran some trains as we continued to experiment with the EZ-Command system. We were running two locomotives and switching them on and off sidings. I have been impressed by the ease of operation of the system. It so easy that after watching a DVD a ten year old can set it up, program locos, and then show his dad how it is done. Also one of his friends and classmates who lives around the corner has the EZ-Command system so they have been running back and forth between both houses running trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.

John Baker

Nov 9, 2007
Cheshire. UK.
GREMLINS
Lost both my CD/DVD drivers, Had to re-install all my e-mail and internet software. Done a scan it found three gremlins, but there are still a lot of malfunctions.
Watch out guys there's something nasty in the ether.
I regret to say the beast may be hiding among the forums, because my problems all started when these sites began to play up.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good evening all,

Worked out this morning and then came home and the guys were here to help get the old emergency generator out of my shed. We took it apart and lugged about 1000 lbs of scrap to the pickup. It was the over the hill gang at work. I was the kid of the group at 69, the other two were 74 and 87. They have been picking up our scrap for many years.

Ran my K-line RS-3 last evening and boy does it smoke. Thinks it is an MTH engine.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Got a troublesome truck for the Thomas gang and a video about gargraves track in the mail today. Will have to package up my trains soon to protect them from drywall dust :(

Nice pic - Jeffrey!

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
good morning.

It's 76 and mostly clear. The high will be in the lower 90's with a chance of thunderstorms later.

I spent part of yesterday rebuilding an old Athearn F unit from the workbench up. New gears, new wheels, new motor and an updated hex shaft drive to replace the old spline shaft drive. I also cut off the metal coupler pockets and replaced them with plastic draft gear boxes to avoid hot frame issues after I install a DCC decoder. I tossed the old rubber motor mounts and substituted plastic mounts which are held in place with screws, thus assuring the motor is fully seated. Everything is in place for a DCC conversion. Installing the decoder will take about 5 minutes.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/26/2008

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 74°F
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 92 Mostly sunny early in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. North winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 72 Partly cloudy until late night then becoming mostly clear. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the lower 70s. Northeast winds around 5 mph in the evening becoming southwest after midnight.

P1010126.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Well it is back. Every so often, get please wait changing servers. ????? Ran trains tonight. Had fun. No accidents. Used one of the switchers to store a grain train and build a piggyback/max-stack train. Then away she went behind three Atlas SD40 highnoses. The two Legacy SD40 then had right of way so they ran in opposite direction on other main line. Fun. Had a sprinkle with more to come. Good night all.

Status
Not open for further replies.