Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
depends, you may not have to scratch build. there is kits in N-scale i know at least. and motorized . may be in other scales as well. big wind farm going up here in iowa. every now and thin i see the blades going down the road on flat bed semi trucks, one blade per truck.

They would make some interesting loads for anyone modeling a modern RR. Afraid you would have to scratch build them yourself though.

Ran some trains this evening, first in a little while. As Laz would say, no pile ups. Ahh the sweet smell of smoke fluid. :thumb:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 73 and somewhat clear at this time. The high is expected to be in the mid 90's and there's a fair chance of thunderstorms this afternoon and tonight.

I'm going to try to get some layout work done today though I'm still a bit stiff from yesterday.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/8/2008

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 74°F
Low: 72°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph ESE

Today High: 95 Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

IMAG0018.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was a sticky 74 F on the roads this morning. High today will be 92 F with a slight chance of thunderstorms. We had one heck of a downpour yesterday. It rained hard for a little over an hour at work in King of Prussia. At one point we could barely see our parking garage which is about 100 yards from the building from the windows. At home about 19 miles away we got some rain and a short 10 minute downpour.

We had the idiots down the street setting off fireworks in the middle of the street last night. Since our street is the main cut through for the neighborhood it is busy so that did not bode well for traffic. We had traffic backed up and cars trying to avoid the fireworks and the parked cars. It did not take long before the cops showed up and stopped them. You would think these morons would learn. We go through this every 4th of July and New Years and it always ends with the cops showing up.

I worked some on the Mather stock car kit last night.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEFFREY!

I hope everybody has a good day.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD MORNING
Thanks Doug, but just rain without the lightning would do just fine. BUT of course thats not what the weather people are saying. 91 W/storms later..
Me thinks I may spend a little time on my recent train purchase, and just go from there. Have a good one all....S.J.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Jeffrey, A belated bday1 and many more.

We got 2 1/2 inches of rain yesterday and last night. Very good as it was slow and steady, not much run off. Corn and soy beans will really suck it up.

We got our plumbing problem fixed and a few hours tomorrow and the painter will be done, then we can move the furniture back into the home office. I'm working now at putting my work/computer table & workbench back together in the basement. At least everything is getting a good cleaning. :mrgreen:

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Morning all. Rain this afternoon. Off to County Commissioners' meeting. Big rezoning thing and lots of people against it [me too].
John, see what happens when you let a Buckeye in your house. Things start falling apart. sign1
Later.

It's funny that you should mention that, when Buckeye and Laz were here we noticed a little puddle on the floor of the unfinished basement but could not figure where it came from, I figured I had just spilled something. Little did I know that it was the first sign of my major leak. wall1

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
balloon6Happy birthday, Marcie! Great haul!

Nice pic, Jeffrey! Hope you are feeling better. Big storm going through, but just chilling on battery power for a while.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
wall1 First I got home from Job #1 early but was too hot to work on bench work so I took a nap and next thing I know it was after 5:00pm then it stormed a bit and now I have to go to bed soon.wall1sign1

Got the latest O gauge railroading mag today:thumb:

Happy Birthday Marcieballoon6bday1steamtrain

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
bday1balloon6bounce7 MARCIE. Lets see. You were 21 and now that makes you 22.

I forgot to log on to any forums this AM. Got up and started to eat breakfast and then stayed on phone about yesterday's win at County Commissioners. TWC guy came and then I had to go to Main Street Park [across the street from house]. Walked the trail with contractor and others to insure they knew where to build the trail [8 foot wide and paved]. It goes around the outer edge of the property. 1 1/2 miles long. Collected a lot of ticks. Got some rain this evening. Later

Status
Not open for further replies.