Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
balloon6bday1balloon6 HAPPY Birthday, Sir James! We finally found enough candles, TARDIS is warmed up, so on the way sign1 Keep that apple pie and banilla for me!

Jeffrey, that looks like a nice place for a park to me. I tried HO for a while, but switched to O because I like to have as little money as possible left in my pocket sign1 HO was just too reasonable.

Happy Anniversary to you 88! Wow, 2 years - goes fast, doesn't it? Be sure to cut out early after dinner to run trains, they love that :rolleyes:

logicman

Greybeard
Apr 30, 2008
Kent, UK.
How can I stop receiving emails when someone responds to my posts?:confused:

In addition to the steps given, got to

quick links > subscribed threads > make sure notification = 'none'.

At least it's not ebay. On there, it seems every option default is:
'send email whenever I click my mouse.' wall1wall1wall1

Greetings all!

Sir James: a belated happy birthday. balloon6

Just popped by briefly, it's night here, gone 3am.

:wave:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I am still here. I would have loved to have gone to bed by now but it has been nuts.

My daughter had a basketball game tonight. We got a call on Sunday that a team needed a player and would she help out. Since this league is competitive, well organized, and the premier youth league in the area, and the fact I have been trying to get her in it for the last two years we said yes. Her first game was tonight so we thought since she will miss the next one and possibly two we should go. It was a good thing we did. She played in what I will call her first real basketball game. She got two points, had to shoot a couple of foul shots (she never did that before unfortunately she missed both). She got a bunch of rebounds, had about four steals, and two blocked shots. She looked beat after the game but said it was the most fun she had had playing basketball. BTW her team won 28 to 13.

When we got home we found the water bottle for the guinea pig to be leaking all over the cage. Of course all the pet stores and department stores were closed. So my wife and I spent the evening hitting all the grocery stores to find a new bottle. We got home and installed the new bottle about 11:15 PM.

See you all on next Tuesday night.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
Chief:

He's a good little man- he's busy sleeping. :)

What a great life! All he does is Sleep, feed, poop, and sleep. All that's missing is the trains! Then that will be THE LIFE!!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 70 and quite cloudy here this morning. The high will be in the mid 90's and there's a fair chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

It got pretty wild here yesterday with thunderstorms coming and going, high winds, power going on and off and the cable signal was mighty flaky at times. I hope it doesn't make a repeat performance today. I sure hope the problems with Photobucket are over for a while. I see that it's back up this morning. I couldn't get on it at all at one point last night, though my photos were still available.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/18/2008

Heat Index: 70°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 67°F

So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 95 Partly sunny. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

p1010006-25.jpg

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD MORNING ALL
Thanks to all for the birthday greetings, too bad you did not get to see the fire from the candles,the neighbors rooster thought it was the sun rise and started crowing. I did run my 1949 birthday train and then a few others before goofing off yesterday.
We are getting weather from the north,68 yesterday and 65 forcast for today,lots of clouds. I guess its good wife is not home today or she would be grumbling "I'm cold". Have a great day everyone....S.J.

hickstmj

Marcie
Jan 28, 2008
Florida Panhandle
My parents left the FL Panhandle the beginning of May in their RV & have finally arrived in Alaska. They have been married for over 52 years & worked very hard all their lives so I am so happy they are able to do this. I hope I get to go one day. There sure is a lot of beautiful country between here & there.
Here's their blog if anyone is interested.
whereinthervira&mary

Hope everyone has a great "hump" day.

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
My computer HATES me

Leave me alone!!!! Everybody out there hates me:curse:wall1 I would like to have instant email notification, howsomever............. I go to Quick Links, Edit Options, Default Thread Subscription Mode, it shows Instant Email Notification already. Consequently there is no Save Changes box.I personally, honest and truly, thoroughly believe all you smarties out there are toying with me. Just 'cause my bricks have crumbled doesn't mean I'm short of a full load. I haven't lost my marbles, they just all rolled to one side:p:p

Since none of that there stuff hasn't worked, will someone please, please (on my knees) tell me why I can't get notification. If one of you PM's me and tells me how, I promise, double promise, that I will tell NOBODY that you broke the code of silence. HONEST, cross my heart.

Lynn

ScratchyAngel

Mar 25, 2008
Pullman, WA
It might be that you have to use IE. I notice in FireFox that the submit button (with a dropdown of choices in front of it) does not show up in FF, but it does show up in IE. Why? I have no clue.

logicman

Greybeard
Apr 30, 2008
Kent, UK.
Lynn: try Quick Links >> Subscribed Threads >> Notification boxes

then at bottom of page, select where it shows 'move to folder' >>
Update Subscription Type.

It took me a lot of frustration before I found out how to do that.
wall1wall1wall1wall1wall1wall1wall1wall1wall1wall1wall1wall1

You have my sympathy.

So 'move to folder' = 'do/not email me?'
Huh! I'd think it's a geek conspiracy to make noobs look small,
but hey! I'm a geek. :mrgreen:

Apologies for derailment. :eek:ops:

Greetings, all.

Jeff: I like that plan.
Would a wye in the inside corner be OTT, or not ?

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Logicman, since it is 2 rail HO it would short out without special wiring and blocking, I believe? Nice pic Jeffrey! Thanks for sharing your layout plan too, looks like a lot of action! Nothing going on today, just doing some laundry and watching the tube....

lionroar88

Jun 16, 2008
Mt Airy, MD
Ahhhh silence is golden... John I agree it is nice, but I typically check in daily so not much use to me. :p

Took Susie-Q to an Italian Restaurant not far from home. Just something to do on our anniversary and before her procedure tomorrow. Stopped by Edible Arrangements and picked up the arrangement... WOW was that thing neat - and large! Really tastey too. Susie-Q especially likes the chocolate covered strawberries. Me? I like them the pineapple flowers (they have cantelope centers), and the grape sprigs. The only thing I wasn't too impressed with was the honeydew... I call it dopelganger mellon now because it assumes the flavor of the fruit next to it... kind of strange when you bite into it and you get watermellon, strawberry, and cantelope with a slight honey flavor. strange.

Jeff - Love the HO stuff. When I saw the pic with the A/C the first thing that popped into my mind was 'WHOA WATCH OUT FOR THAT TRUCK!' then I looked again and realized it was only a window A/C unit. sign1

Lynn - I'm a Sr Systems Engineer and I still don't know if I got it right... :rolleyes::cry:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good Evening All
Chilly for this time of the year, overcast and 63 was it for today. On the otherhand it ended the thunderstorms. Everyone finally has their power back on but some phone service including Lionel and a few 911 are still having problems. Otherwise just a normal day for me, I was looking for Brutus, but I see he was here already, so TTFN...S.J.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
HOWDY You'al. Sir J, you got power back. So you finally found the two hamsters and got them back on the little wheel. :twisted::p Now go get the string from the hardware store and you will have phone service. bounce7 And Yanks talk about me and Roseyville.

Hope all are doing OK. Godo to see so many posting here [even the Brent]. TV and resting time. God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.