Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 75 here and partly cloudy. The high is expected to be in the low 90's and there's a fair chance of thunderstorms.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/15/2008

Heat Index: 81°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 77°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph W

Today High: 92 Mostly sunny. Slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

P1010083-1.jpg

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
:welcome1: and HAPPY FATHERS DAY
Sunny and 80s,short storm overnite probably messed up the weed killer in my weed and feed. I put it on yesterday. I don't know about train running today since we are going to #1 sons house later.
Everyone enjoy this day.....S.J.

logicman

Greybeard
Apr 30, 2008
Kent, UK.

COX 47

Dec 28, 2004
Its sunny and warm here in East Central Illinois...Looks like its gonna be a nice Fathers Day...Hope to get a little train running in latter today...Gota 4 car coal drag out on the main [4 cars is a coal drag on my little layout]..Jerry

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Hi from Alabama I found this site through another fourm this one has way more info plus everyone seems more down to earth

Welcome opelikabear! balloon6:welcome1:balloon6

A few questions? What gauge are you into? Any special prototype RR? Collect, operate or both?

You will find this a great bunch of guys. This thread is mostly conversation, but lots of special info threads are available.

And a happy Father's Day to all the Fathers!

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Happy Fathers' Day!

Nice pic, Jeffrey, looks like a nice day at the park to me! Went to see Indiana Jones - it was pretty good. There were a couple moments that were really great, too.

John Baker

Nov 9, 2007
Cheshire. UK.
CSXect: Bachmann is the biggest name here fo O gauge rtr:
Model Railways, O, 1 & G Gauge, O Gauge Brassworks | Antics Online

For kits, try:
steam: LH Loveless & Co - "O" Guage Model Railways - Self Assembly Kits
and MSC Models Website
diesel/electric: Peter Clark Models

Greetings, all.

:wave:

Greetings from a sunny Stockport, The fuel lorry drivers strike has had one good result, there is less crud dropping on me but the aircraft [I live five miles from Manchester Airport] are still dumping about six tons of soot and unburned fuel onto each mile every day day. KOFF-KOFF!!!...

UK outline stuff is very expensive, a small tank loco in O can set you back 800 bucks and virtually all our models are for 2 rail.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Isn't anybody in the USA awake yet? Rise and shine boys!

We had 2 forum members visit on Friday evening. Buckeye and Laz.

47b8d834b3127ccec40ac111077600000026100QYtmrhwzYsQe3nwk

Hope you all have a great week.

It's off to breakfast, then fitness center and finally yard work if it doesn't rain first (I can always hope!) :mrgreen:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 71 F this morning. I can’t tell what the humidity is doing. One moment it feels nice and the next it feels sticky. High today will be 86 F with a chance of heavy rain.

We had a busy weekend. We had to do the grocery shopping. We also did some odd jobs around the house. We prepared for our vacation by sorting and packing things. Yesterday we spent a quiet Father’s Day. Our Internet and cable TV has been out at home since yesterday morning. Apparently someone cut a fiber-optic cable.

No modeling this weekend.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Isn't anybody in the USA awake yet? Rise and shine boys!
I'M UP! I'M UP!

Good morning.

It's 71 and clear. A high in the upper 90's is expected as well as partly cloudy skies.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/16/2008

Heat Index: 70°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 68°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph SSE

Today High: 98 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 70 Mostly cloudy. Lows around 70. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

P1010002-64.jpg

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Me tooth I'm up,kids fed me too much food yesterday,still sleepy. Another quick thunder storm about 10 PM last nite. Where are they all coming from? July and August, we won't see any rain. Todays not planned yet.
Enjoy your Monday.....S.J.

lionroar88

Jun 16, 2008
Mt Airy, MD
Morning fellas!

Just stopped in to see what was going on and to bring the classiness of this joint down a step or three.

Quite a few 'old' timers over here... nice to see.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Welcome aboard Brent.

It sure is quiet today, everyone one must have over celebrated Dad's day yesterday. We went to a buffet brunch and I am still full.

Running my coast guard CNJ RS-3 as we speak. It is a K-line and has pretty good sounds.

logicman

Greybeard
Apr 30, 2008
Kent, UK.
Just stopped in to see what was going on and to bring the classiness of this joint down a step or three.

sign1sign1sign1

Welcome from the UK, Brent.

Nearly the end of a long day.

I just received two locos in the post - bought as spares or repair.
They were both spotless! One is now running. The other will need
complete dismantling - no feed to motor. I'll leave that one for tomorrow.
I'll post some photos sometime, somewhere.

Have a great whatever's-left of the day over there.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.