Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was a pleasant 74 F as I hit the pavement this morning. High will be 87 F on this the last day of school for my kids.

I didn’t make it here yesterday. It was one of those days. I got to work and found the power out. We lasted about 3 hours with no power before they sent us home. The storms that broke the heatwave Tuesday skirted us in lower Delaware County but elsewhere in the Delaware valley they hit hard. Montgomery County where my office is located had a lot of trees and power lines down.

Yesterday was also my daughter’s award ceremony at school. She received the Character Award for Responsibility. Her brother received the Academic Excellence Award for the 4th Grade the day before.

Later in the evening we took the camping stuff that has been in my van back to the church and put it away in the scout closet. My wife also moved her supplies from her den room’s unlocked closet to the scout closet. Unfortunately it seems if you don’t do that things walk during the summer.

No modeling last night.

Today I have to take the van and get two new front tires in preparation for our trip to Maine next week. We will be driving up to Maine and staying for 4 days and then heading to the White Mountains for a night and then home.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Chief Eagles

Morning all. On the run. Got to spray roses, garden, grape vines and fruit trees. Well, don't want to have anything like CA but, NC now has the largest working fire in the USA. The Eastern NC fire has been burning for days. Most of it is swampy. Also some peat. Peat fires burn under ground and pop up anywhere. Smoke has now blown as far west as Roseyville. Later

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Yesterday was also my daughter’s award ceremony at school. She received the Character Award for Responsibility. Her brother received the Academic Excellence Award for the 4th Grade the day before.

Tell 'em both -

That We Say CONGRATS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
:inw::inw::inw::inw::inw::inw:

Jonadel

Tough times in Iowa right now. Will probably go down as one of the worst flooding situations in the history of the state and the rivers have still not crested, levees are holding but last night we were pounded by rain again. However, the worst news is the loss of 4 Boy Scouts in far western IA due to another tornado. I cannot imagine the pain that the parents are experiencing, my prayers are with them and their families. With all the disasters we have been facing the last 2 weeks it makes the daily problems seem petty.

We are OK here in central Iowa except for the major flooding going on right now, hopefully the levees will hold. Our kids in north east IA are maintaining but it's been tough on them with the continued stress of trying to keep their basement dry. Better days are ahead.

dbaker48

With all the disasters we have been facing the last 2 weeks it makes the daily problems seem petty.

Jon, I couldn't agree with you more !! Sure hope this ends soon, need some of those good days real soon!!!!

Tom PM,
Congratulations !!! Terrific achievements for your children, these "reflection compliments" say the best for Mom and Dad.

Chief, that fire doesn't sound good at all! An underground peat, that would really be concerning. How in the world do they fight something like that ?

jeffrey-wimberl

Remember what I said about Murphy's law? The Lowe's delivery truck showed at 9:45! It wasn't due until mid-afternoon. So I got my new fridge about six hours early. Some good news! The truck driver bought my old computer main-board and display card for thirty bucks. GAS MONEY!

CSXect

:wave:

Rain rain go away lightning what a display, there goes my power HEY!!!sign1

Lots of rain and lightning here local tv stations having power problems cutting in and out.

It is sad to hear about the Boy Scout camp.:cry: I was a scout in my youth, cub through Boy Scout. I collected patches and badges at one time still have them in a box somewhere:thumb:

jefelectric

Congratulations on their achievements!

:wave7::wave7:

sir james

Good evening
A nice day today, low 80s higher tomorrow, but storms expected again. no new arrivals at the store, incoming is really slow. No trains today, could have just didn't. Happy Friday 13th to all...S.J.

Brutus

Fertilized and weedkilled the lawn finally. Working OT on Saturday. I think Sunday we will go see Indiana Jones or Panda? I've seen all the Indie movies in theaters so far anyway. I saw the first one on a date with a young lady named Mary and then we had icecream treats at a Swenson's. I think that was our only date, though? We might have gone out once or twice.... Man, I can't remember her last name - how sad is that?

Chief Eagles

Evening all. Rolesville Chamber Business Expo was a great success. Got to meet a lot of people. Got to meet new business owners that have just moved to Rolesville.

Don, peat fire. Raise the water level. No joke. Flood the hole. If you fly over one, you will see a white hot area. That is the area burning. Usually pump the water from a canal close by and flood it for days. Bad thing is, it will go under ground and come up a mile or so away from the original fire.

Prayers for the Iowa folks.

Popcorn time.

jeffrey-wimberl

Excellent photo there Madhatter. It looks like he has a good head of hair going already.

Good morning.

It's nice and clear at the moment. The temp is 73 degrees. I expect a high in the low 90's with a chance of thunderstorms.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/13/2008

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 71°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE

Today High: 92 Becoming mostly cloudy by afternoon. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

P1010073-1.jpg

Chief Eagles

OUTSTANDING HATTER!!!!!!

Morning all. Not as smokie as yesterday. We had strong winds from the east and it was horrible. NC has the nation's largest working fire. Been burning for over a week. Down east about 150 miles away. It is in the coastal area and mostly woods and swamps. Some big fields.
ry%3D300

Off to meeting at 9 AM and then luncheon meeting at 11:30. Chat later.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 72 F as I rolled onto the roadway this morning. You can feel the humidity creeping back in. High today will be 88 F.

It was a comfortable ride this morning with something missing: school buses. Yesterday was the kids’ last day of a school.

No modeling last night. We did some clean-up around the house last night. I finally got a few of those things that have been in the attic for too long out for trash.

This weekend is the shopping weekend. We also have an event at my wife’s work on Saturday afternoon. We will spend sometime getting things ready for our vacation next week.

I would like to begin weathering the cars sitting on the workbench. I also have some details to add to the farm scene.

I hope everybody has a good day.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Thanks guys!

Jef, you just took the picture too late! My wife son and I had just disappeared behind the loco as you clicked- don't ask how I know this. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.