Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefelectric

Good morning,

To be another hot one here, that's not to bad for me, but I sure do feel for those who have to work in it like construction and road workers. May get some rain later today for a little relief, hope son gets his soy beans planted before it rains.

Logicman, I liked your link, do you think the Chief was driving? :mrgreen:

SJ, The icing platform is only 4" wide X 37" long, I am hoping I can fit it in.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 83 F as I rolled out of the driveway. High today will be 99 F. Yesterday it reached 97 F. We have a chance of thunderstorms tonight. These should break our current heatwave.

No modeling last night. It was too hot and I am still recovering from the weekend camping trip. We spent some time sorting stuff to go back to the scout closet. Tonight we have the Cub Scout District Program Launch to attend.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Chief Eagles

Morning. Try to beat the heat today. Will spend time at Town Hall [did not go yesterday as too busy watering]. John F, "YEE HAAA." Chat later.

sir james

GOOD MORNING
67 and raining, no storms since last nite though. It's no secret how Rebs learn to drive, they stick out there arm and follow their thumb.:thumb:. and the rest just get out and follow the sheep.
Pa.john, yea I know the platform is 37 inch's long, thats the problem. I've seen the box and it looks like it would be fun to build. Enjoy this day and watch where you step.......S.J.

hickstmj

Marcie
Trying to catch up on posts.

Happy Belated Birthday Chief - I hope you had a good one.

I have always loved camping. We went from a tent, to a pop up camper, to a 30' RV, now we have a 36' RV. We have a/c, hot showers, nice bed, 37" flat screen tv & ice cream in the freezer so I guess we can't say we rough it anymore but we sure love to camp. I just found an RV Park that has a train in the park. Wales West RV Resort in Alabama. Wales West - A little piece of Wales in America
We are hoping to go on Labor Day.

Ozzy - very cool looking bike, hope you keep getting better

Logicman - I like the link - in the South that's how we roll

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
MAN AM I TIRED!!!!

My wife woke me up this morning at 02h30AM to say that her water broke, was at the hospital up until now (17h20PM down here)!

Glad to say that there is a new Hatter on the block, better known as Seth!!!

Will post pics when I get the time.

Wife had a natural birth (yip, she had epidural), and man, she is one tough cookie! No screams and no crying- I think I was feeling the pain for her!

Seth Wilson
Length: 51cm
Weight: 3,6Kg
Born: 07h44AM
Future train fanatic and wargame lover (I hope)!

dbaker48

Welcome SETH !!!!! bday1

Sorry, been away so long ! Stupid little problems getting in the way. After got our son's situation straightened out, and I got over a virus relapse, I lost all my bookmarks.

Finally getting that back!

Don't want to say anything about the weather, you guys are having to bad of time with it all. Guess I'll just say it took some thought as to whether to wear a long sleeve shirt or a short sleeve one today.

Havn't had much train time recently, will be making that up real soon! Did have to send my Big Boy back to Lionel for warranty, and will be doing an "Operating Session" at the club tomorrow.

Hope everyone stays cool and dry. Have a great day!!

steamhead

Seth....That's great....!!!! Congratulations to you & the wife (one tough cookie...). Nothing like the first born..!!
Hopefully he'll join the ranks of the rest of us some day...:thumb:

dwiemer

Slept well last night, unusually for me.
Looks like the start of a nice warm day.
It's not politics, I assure you. More to do with the South's superior driving skills. (click me) :mrgreen:

My best wishes and prayers to all, and most especially our friends with health problems.

:wave:
Logicman, all I have to say is "YYYYHAAAAAA!" Down these parts, a traffic signal is just a suggestion. Biggest thing to keep in mind, a tractor always has the right of way....they are just a lot bigger than a car!

Hatter, congrats on Seth. Still remember the birth of our son, and so does wife....that is why we adopted #2!

God Bless,
dennis

jefelectric

MAN AM I TIRED!!!!

My wife woke me up this morning at 02h30AM to say that her water broke, was at the hospital up until now (17h20PM down here)!

Glad to say that there is a new Hatter on the block, better known as Seth!!!

Will post pics when I get the time.

Wife had a natural birth (yip, she had epidural), and man, she is one tough cookie! No screams and no crying- I think I was feeling the pain for her!

Seth Wilson
Length: 51cm
Weight: 3,6Kg
Born: 07h44AM
Future train fanatic and wargame lover (I hope)!

Congratulations to both of you on the birth of your new son. I had logged on to post some pics of my new little mountain, they are not big in PA. In honor of Seth I have decided to name it Mt. Wilson. Here are the pics.

First the before picture. You can see that this area needed some work.

47b8d831b3127ccec40017a3bc6100000027100QYtmrhwzYsQe3nwk

Now the midpoint picture.

47b8d831b3127ccec40082e47dc400000026100QYtmrhwzYsQe3nwk

And the final result.

47b8d831b3127ccec40183f19c3500000027100QYtmrhwzYsQe3nwk

logicman

Greybeard
MadHatter: congratulations! balloon6

Jeff: that's a great solution to a problem.
Around here, if you leave a hole in the wall,
some scammer will stick in a bogus ATM.

Chief Eagles: Yeeeee Haaaah!

Marcie:
in the South that's how we roll
is there any other way?

dwiemer:
a traffic signal is just a suggestion
LOL
strangely enough, that's often legally true,
but never try to explain that to a jobsworth cop. :mrgreen:

Have fun, all!

dbaker48

John,
That is really a nice job on the mountain ! However, I don't think it would pass the inspection, I can't believe YOU filled that outlet with all that dirt and rocks! Also, have you made provisions for the field across the way to be sprayed on Friday ? LOL

Brutus

Congrats, Hatter! Keep us posted!

Jeffrey, very nice job! Looks great, and that's about the right size of lot diamond we used to make when I was a kid, too!

John - great cover for the hole, great job!

Logicman, that's one of our favorite tv shows! Too bad they didn't make a good movie a couple years ago.

Chief Eagles

Great job John. Be careful that Buckeye does not say your protal is bulit wrong and will crash. That is what he told me about the ones I have. Hatter, congrats. Post pictures when you can. Cooler tomorrow [well, today I guess as past midnight] so they say. Good night all.

Congrats on the new hatter.

3" of snow this afternoon, rain washed it away. Broken branches all over, but note for us. Maybe in part because I raked the snow off the sagging branches on our maple. Snow shouldn't come after leaves...

John Baker

Logicman and Baker are siding with the South now? Hmmm, well, I like Grits, so no worries here! Sir James might want to keep a low profile though![/quote]
Brutus,
Funny how our common language leads to misunderstandings! I find our equivalent of grits [oatcakes] are perfectly revolting, like chewing a dirty door mat. As for siding with the south? I think everything south of the Don should be towed out to the middle of the pond and sunk. give them one lifeboat though for us to save the Lionels.
steamtrain
I like this little puffer-very clever, can't wait for some bright spark to do a BB or a CF eh!!!?????

Status
Not open for further replies.