Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

I'zz here. Jeffrey, I'm in Gonzales [about half way between New Orleans and Baton Rogue]. Will be here until about noon Sunday. At the Cabela's for National Fishing Week event. Cooler here than in NC. Later

dwiemer

Glad you made it safely Chief! You were right, they do have some good food down that way. One reason New Orleans has had the highest over weight per capita than anywhere else.

Was a quiet day. I really want to watch some D-day programs, but with two crumb snatchers, it may be tough. My heartfelt THANK YOU to our WWII vets.

Wife just got home and now it is time for a little family time. I hope that everyone has a great weekend.
God Bless,
Dennis

jefelectric

Good morning from a sunny and very humid Chicago where I took one of the kid's scooters to zip to work - you might remember those 'Razor' scooters of a few years back - this was gathering dust in the garage - as I settle in with my first cuppa joe, I'm thinking why did I want to zip to work ;)
I'll try it out in the park at lunchtime...

Finished a good book by a fireman/driver on the Southern - no, not that Southern, the real one that used to be in the south of England.

Doug, Just where did you do the zipping? Home to Train? Train to work? Both? :?:

sir james

Good Evening
we got 93 degrees today, but paying now with storms everywhere. Ran some trains tonite and saw my "P" doctor today, got an A-OK see you next year. Have a pleasent weekend....S.J.

Chief Eagles

Just finished a big plate of shrimp, oysters and cat fish. :thumb: Tired from a long day of travel [and this place is on CDT]. :cry: Good night all.

steamhead

Hot is here.....Temperature in the upper 90's, with heat index around 107-108....Staying indoors to play with trains....:mrgreen:

Tom PM....Reminds me of a camping trip down south (Mexico way) to a beautiful lagoon with crystal clear water. Poured to all get out at night and we had water running into the tents by the bucketfull...Had to spend good part of the night in the station wagon with skeeters attacking from every direction....:eek:

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 75 degrees here and partly cloudy. A high in the mid 90's is expected. A small chance of thunderstorms is expected.

Gonzales eh, Chief? That's still a long ways from me.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/7/2008

Heat Index: 80°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 79°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph SSE

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 90s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010055-1.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Jeffrey, going to be hotter and higher humidity in Rolesville than way down here. Slept good and ready to go to store. Have a good one. Later

jefelectric

Hot is here.....Temperature in the upper 90's, with heat index around 107-108....

Tom PM....Reminds me of a camping trip down south (Mexico way) to a beautiful lagoon with crystal clear water. Poured to all get out at night and we had water running into the tents by the bucketfull...Had to spend good part of the night in the station wagon with skeeters attacking from every direction....:eek:

Often wonder why anyone would willingly go camping! My first and last time was with Uncle Sam. When I got out I said I would never sleep in a tent again unless I had a gun pointed at my head. Never did either. Of course my wife has the same enthusiasm for camping that I do so we get along, on that score, just fine.

Staying indoors to play with trains....:mrgreen: Now this I can agree with. :thumb:

jefelectric

Spent the morning reworking the front door, which over the years has grown with to many coats of paint and just seems to have swelled or else the jamb moved. Anyway I took it off, removed all the hardware and planed both sides and top. Had to reset all the hardware to match the new finished edge of the door. Took about 3 hours to do the whole job & it was about 90 outside when I finished. Was working in a shady spot though. Painter is coming next week so had to get this done. Think I will spend most of the rest of the day indoors. May even run or work on some trains.

One of our three AC units failed to start this spring (Yesterday was the first we used AC), think it is a control problem as it ran just fine as a heat pump. This one just does the addition we put on 10 years ago so we set a fan at the large door way and are pushing some cool air into that area from the main house. Working pretty good so called and asked them to come next week and check it out.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Often wonder why anyone would willingly go camping! My first and last time was with Uncle Sam. When I got out I said I would never sleep in a tent again unless I had a gun pointed at my head. Never did either. Of course my wife has the same enthusiasm for camping that I do so we get along, on that score, just fine.

Staying indoors to play with trains....:mrgreen: Now this I can agree with. :thumb:
sign1sign1sign1sign1
I'm with ya John!!!!
My idea of "Roughing it" is being more than 5 miles away from McDonalds!! :eek::eek::eek:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict

One of our three AC units failed to start this spring (Yesterday was the first we used AC), think it is a control problem as it ran just fine as a heat pump. This one just does the addition we put on 10 years ago so we set a fan at the large door way and are pushing some cool air into that area from the main house. Working pretty good so called and asked them to come next week and check it out.

We have a bunch of apartments at work... All have Heat pumps.. Like clockwork.,. Every Spring and Every fall - - -"Changing over" from heat to cool and vice versa - about 10 fail... There is some control in there that just seizes up and doesn't want to move anymore :( :( :(

steamhead

The idea was not so much the camping, as the diving....That lagoon (called "Media Luna" - "Half Moon") is close to 100 ft. deep..almost straight down...there are no shallows to speak of. You can practically see all the way down...And there are still clay shards and other artifacts to be found there from when the area was inhabited several hundreds of years ago.

And of course, being in the middle of nowhere, the camping was a must....

Chief Eagles

In the room. store was dead. Bad economy is hurting all sales. Nice trip but company lost a lot. Cabela's did to as big promotional. Got big seats all the way home. :thumb: Fly out tomorrow at 4 PM. Later

sir james

Good Evening
Here's hoping the Chief has a good trip home. Weather not as hot today 85, but 92 for Sun.& Mon. with chance of storms of course. I ran a few trains today, One was my last MTH purchase(about a year ago I think) a RK CP royal hudson. Lots of detail, sounds the same as all the other MTH steam I have with one exception, four chuffs, I don't really care for that, it may be correct but doesn't sound right to me. Once it starts moving its just a blur of sound instead of chufing. Oh well it runs good. Enjoy your Sunday,,,S.J.

jeffrey-wimberl

I just spent the last two hours watching the Monster Jam monster trucks world final. Adam Anderson (Taz) walked away with the top spot with a score of 36. His father, Dennis Anderson, (Grave Digger) didn't do so well. He broke a rear wheel off and exploded his transmission, finishing with a 30. Tom Meents (Maximum Destruction) finished almost before he started. He took a bad jump early, breaking a front wheel off and ending up upside down with a score of 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.