Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
HOWDY ALL,
Busy day, cut the grass, had blood drawn for PSA, and went to a local discount grocery store(ALDI), shocked as I found boxes of instant GRITS right there in the food dept..I thought they sold them at auto parts stores for tire patches. Anyway enjoyed the outdoors today so no trains yet..probably not today,,,Have a great evening,,,S.J.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net

Just "HAD" to locate them that way, my Brother-In-Law just retired from the LA County Fire Dept., he was Asst. Chief. Was done primarily for his benefit.

Oh THAT'S hysterical!!!! sign1sign1sign1sign1sign1sign1
I too add my Kudo's to Firefighters both paid and especially the Volunteers!!! I know a few of them and am humbled in their presence...

One friend (Volunteer) always says:
To do this for pay requires intricate knowledge... To volunteer requires a bit of insanity! :D :D :D :D :D

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Wow Doug - how cool! That was really nice of you, Kurt!

Nice pics guys and good info on the operating! LOL about that fireworks/derrick, I didn't catch that one!

We got a letter from the IRS telling us we received our check on direct deposit, that's how I found out it came in. If it was up to me, we'd put it on the house, but wife wants to spend it on furniture for the kids or something. PS - does this mean that next year we will get less refund than this year? That's my guess - TAANSTAFL.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave::wave::wave:

Speaking of firemen Amanda Ohio has a firefighters festival for the small fire departments and volenteer firemen in that area they also have a tractor pull and food vendors everywhere but the main thing is the firemen compete in events that double as training exercises.:thumb:

Don't tell the Chief that Ohio even has a Moonshine festivalsign1aussie

Have rediscovered a favorite computer game Sea Dogsfence1

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD EVENING
Its been a great day. I liked the pictures and you might think about getting a Miller fireworks sign for your building. Lots of lites. they should have one on their web site. Banillas ready,,,,S.J.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
I thought Tennesee was the MOONSHINE state?

A jar there was in Tennessee,
And round it was, upon a hill...

Shometing lik tha...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 74 and very wet here. It's extremely cloudy and is bound to be even more so as the day progresses. A high of 82 is expected today as well as a strong chance of thunderstorms.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/14/2008

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 10mph SSE

Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 72
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010008-16.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was a pleasant 50 F on the way in this sunny morning. High today will be 77 F and we have more rain moving in for the next 5 days. It is not supposed to be anything like the Nor’easter we had early this week.

I did the mowing of the lawns last evening. We also went to the last Cub Scout Roundtable of the Scouting year. My daughter received an award from the District for all the help she does for our pack.

No modeling got done last night.

I hope everybody has a good day.

dbaker48

Jul 4, 2006
Cerritos, Ca.
bday1balloon6balloon6balloon6bday1
Happy Birthday, Doug !!!!

Sir James, I think your right ! I have one of their signs, and the Fireworks sign would be really great. Going to have to pick that one up.

Worked on accessories more last night. Re-wired an old AF water tower. got it all working, but boy does that elecro-magnet really draw the current. Light on top is on all the time, then have the spout extend by activiating a button on the DCS. (Momentary)

Chris is walking around here 3 feet of the ground! He won on a local radio station 2 tickets to a real popular concert this coming Saturday. Features Metallica, and a bunch of other bands that I've never heard of. I don't recall seeing him this excited in a VERY LONG time!! I guess he gets behind the scenes pass as well.

Hope everyone has a great day!

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
bday1bday1bday1 DOUG
Donb its a neat sign.
Wet and warm,sorry I'm talking about the weather,not a puppy. g-rating
got my veggies this morning so now they can sit in the slow rain and adapt. Mayhaps some train running this afternoon,not sure yet. Take care and stay well.....S.J.

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
:woot1:bday1:woot1:

Happy Birthday Doug!

:violin1:

With a bit of chamber music!

aussie

Pushing, and pulling track and making more clearance adjustments....Drilling holes to get the wiring pulled. That's about all the time I will have this week for trains.

Getting ready for our trip down south! Look out Chief! We'll have stop overs in Georgia and Tennessee on the way back. Wedding in Mexico, ya know. I sure hope Mexico is out of the grits belt.

Kurt

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Good day everyone! Been away for a few days. Had a busy weekend and then work has been hectic. Had MIL and her husband over for the weekend and then had daughter's recital. Church was great as we are starting a new project and that took a good part of the day's services.

Doug, Wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!bday1 Hopefully the day will be peaceful in the ol' household.

Got to seen the movie screening last night....was intense. I can hardly wait till it is on the big screen. It was a blessing to be a part of.

Have a great day!
God Bless,
Dennis

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
balloon6bday1balloon6
Happy Birthday, Doug!

Brain dead from training - ready to be done! Just one more full day and Friday is mostly just a few final things and then a big luncheon! Chief, I know you like the free food, if you stop by I'll buy your grits and shrimp, okay?

Pizza and Banilla sounds good to me!

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
GOOD EVENING
I guess we go to Dougs house tonite. If he's not home we'll have a party anyway.
Lite rain all day It might have got to 63. I have the garden plants on the patio soaking up the showers. Might plant tomorrow..Wife is watching the Red Wings, looks like Dallas is fighting back tonite. No score yet. No trains today, just didn't....TTFN S.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.