Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Prayers for Doug to have a good trip and for Ozzy and for Tom and Jeffrey too. Nice pic, Jeffrey! Doug, hope you have computer access on trip! Sir James, sorry so late - you take it easy!

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 67 and cloudy and is trying to work it's way up to 83 and partly cloudy. There's also a fair chance of rain today.

Today's project will be weathering a Bachmann tank car. I'll get some before and after shots for comparison.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/7/2008

Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 65°F

So Far Today
High: 67°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE

Important Message

Lake wind advisory in effect from noon today to 8 PM cdt this evening.

Today High: 88 Partly cloudy and becoming breezy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms mainly in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

2683.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was a chilly 54 F as I stepped out the door on my way to the office. We are supposed to go up to 81 F today with some clouds. Then it is downhill from there with showers and thunderstorms moving in tonight and through tomorrow.

My FIL is doing well. His doctor visit went well and my wife spoke with the office about our experience with the bad doctor. We have to get copies of his records from the hospital so we can send them to the VA so that he can get his new maintenance medications through them. I have to call the township and complain about our neighbor’s yard and its three foot high grass. The people who own the property purchased it two years ago with the idea that their jobs would be transferred to our area. They would visit on weekends and most of the summer. However, the jobs never materialized and they put the property up for sale about two months ago. They were here a couple of weeks back and cleaned up some things but did not cut the grass. The realtor apparently doesn’t care because who is going to look at a house with 3 foot high grass in the front yard.

Tonight will be busy. My daughter has flute recital practice and then we have Cub Scout Den Meetings.

I got out my next project. I am going to weather two PRR Walthers USRA gondolas, and a C&O and NYC PK1 USRA 50-Ton Drop Bottom Composite Gondolas. I need to change put the couplers on the Walthers gons. Then I will start with weathering the wheels and trucks.

I hope everybody has a good day.

kpolak

Morning!

Well, another new project arrived yesterday! Lionel UP 2033 Alco A-A units! Been looking for these for quite awhile, and finally found one(s) I like with an agreeable price. Now I don't have time to work on them. One broken wire to the motor. The power unit seems to run and the e-unit cycles well, but the pick up rollers, and the dummy's wheels are a bit bound up, in addition to everything being a bit dirty. I still can't wait to hook these up to the 2400 passenger cars! The best thing is no battery leak damage!

Still wiring and soldering.

Kurt

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Had busy day yesterday. Cleaned and tuned Ranger boat. Ready to go. May go to Kerr Lake tomorrow for a "one dayer". Mowing today. Later

cnw1995

Hello from O'Hare airport where it is raining and my flight is delayed - not eage r to get on the plane anyway as I am in a middle seat in the back unlike the Chief's big chair. LOL. Thanks, Brutus! Great find, Kurt. The bride is worried since our home connectivity went down ("Your area is experiencing difficulties - thank you for calling.") and she can't update her blog and no one would visit it again so I told her I'd tell you about it. Hope to check in later tonight - $7 to sign on for a few hours - sheesh.

kpolak

Doug: Tell her not to worry...I'm sure there are many faithful readers beside Brutus and myself. I tried signing up to make comments, and Yahoo wanted too much information. I finally forced myself to input what it wanted, it crashed on me twice, so I gave up, but I still read the blog.
Kurt

sir james

OK Doug,tell Kelly I read it too. But I'll probably lose the web site after this page disappears. My wife doesn't talk to me that much in a month. others maybe, me no. Rain is coming.....S.J.

Brutus

Hey guys - 100 percent chance of raing here tonight and supposed to rain for days.

To post a comment on Kelly's blog, just fill in the comment box. Then, look down a little and you will see a button you can click on that says "Name/URL". Click on that one and type in your name, then hit submit - voila! I never joined, just do this and it puts your name on the comment.

dwiemer

Good Evening Y'all! Hope everyone is doing well. Got a email from that friend who is on a mission to an undisclosed location. Kind of criptic, not sure exactly what it was, but will check when he returns. Got Thomas on the TV for the kids and getting ready for bed time.

Tom, document everything with as little emotion as you can. Make a list and submit it to the state medical society/ state licensing board. Here it falls under the State Board of Medical Examiners, but it may be listed differently where you live. If you go online, you should be able to find the information regarding filing a complaint. You may find that he has a history of complaints....if so, they will have to act. It usually takes quite a bit to make things happen, but you should follow this up. You may also find that he has a history of litigation against him and may be able to join an existing case.

Well, I hope everyone has a blessed night.
Dennis

sir james

Howdy folks
Not a big news day, but I like to check in. Got the "O" mag. today but did not get to look at it yet. We reached 74 then lite rain dropped our temp. to the 60s. rain is gone now. good nite all. S.J.

CSXect

:wave::wave::wave: Hello and goodnite
been a busy day(week actualy)

Got my MTH catalogs today

realy like the foriegn locos may pick up one of the diesel locos they were kinda cool.:cool:

missed my appointment at the nutrition center have to go next monday opps

Chief the MTH cat had a NS SD70M that was sharp looking.

jefelectric

:wave::wave::wave: Hello and goodnite
been a busy day(week actualy)

Got my MTH catalogs today

realy like the foriegn locos may pick up one of the diesel locos they were kinda cool.:cool:

missed my appointment at the nutrition center have to go next monday opps

Chief the MTH cat had a NS SD70M that was sharp looking.

The MTH catalog has a lot of nice stuff in it this time around. :yep:

I don't think the Chief buys much MTH. :rolleyes:

The nice weather that we have had for the past several days is about to end with 4 days of not so nice predicted.

Chief Eagles

Went to sleep watching news. Worked hard outside today. Fertilized yard after mowing. Sidedressed garden plants. Mowed pond path and bank with JD. Usually use weedeter for that project. Sprayed garden, roses, trees and grapevines. Then sprayed Roundup along pond path. Shot squirrel with .17HMR when he stole a peach from peach tree. Yes, the D*#* rascal was eating little peaches. Next is the groundhog that is now eating my lettuce.

On MTH engines [Miss Edna gave me caalogs two weeks ago]. Do not buy. Sounds are bad and horns are horrible. If I do buy them, they are dummies. Only Atlas and Lionel engines for me. I do buy a few of "Mikey Boys" rolling stock. Find them with hard to close couplers or they pop open under a load. I do know he makes sorry A** switches.

After that one, I had better as forgiveness and go to bed. Sleep tight.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where we have a cool day on the North Coast.

John - the Chief has a tin ear. Remember he doesn't even live close to real trains to know what they really sound like. I live only a 1/4 mile from both NS and CSX mainline tracks and hear them all day and night long.:thumb: MTH have the most realist sounds I have ever heard.:mrgreen:

DSCF1183s.JPG

This is an original Lionel 400E that was visiting our museum. :mrgreen: Vintage from 1930 and it still runs. :thumb:

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 73 and partly cloudy. While the cloud condition probably won't change the temperature is due to rise to 86.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/8/2008

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 25mph SSW

Today High: 88 Sunny. Highs in the upper 80s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

P1010001-68.jpg

dwiemer

Good Morning everyone. Should be a easy day today. One case, not mine, and so I just have some rounds to make and then go home. Bride had her last day at the Breast Center yesterday. She will be going to the cardiac floor, but will only need to work 1 or 2 days a month.

Chief, be carefull cutting with the tractor too close to the lake! Had a friend (living in GA, but moved here from CA) who rolled into the lake. You just can't fix stupid. Anyway, it has been on the warm side here lately. Temps in the 90s and I haven't felt much like working outside. Steve has inspired me to get the layout much further along than it currently is. The MIL is coming tomorrow night, and leaving Saturday afternoon. When that happens, I will get back to the layout.

Well, Happy Friday Eve to everyone. Hope it is a good weekend for everyone.
God Bless,
dennis

sir james

MORNING ALL
I just read the Chief's wee hour post, I knew he had some good in him somewhere, just took awhile to come out.(MTH)
Cloudy 48, looks like rain but none forecast. Still waiting for sons to come and help me move the boat so I can plant tomatoes and cukes, gave up on pepers as the rabbits eat the leaves off the plants and then no good.
Enjoy your day,,,,,S.J.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 62 F and raining on the way in this morning. It is supposed to reach 77 F with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Tomorrow is supposed to be real nasty with 1 to 2 inches of rain.

No modeling last night. My daughter had flute recital practice and we had Cub Scout den meeting. Since I am a civil engineer I talked with our Webelos about engineering. They are working on their Engineer Activity Badge.

Tonight we have a Scout Leaders meeting to discuss our upcoming camping trip.

I spoke with the township about our neighbor’s three foot high grass and they will be sending someone to look at it. Our township code enforcement is pretty tough on these type of things. They will give the owner and the realtor so many days to fix the problem or they will site them. They can and will post the house. You can’t sell a house that is deemed unfit for habitation. Also the township could send a crew out to cut the grass and then charge and fine both the owner and realtor. Not only is the grass unsightly it can hide vermin and such. Since we have problems with lyme disease and West Nile encephalitis they do not fool around. Our township has in the past been a hotbed for crows and cardinals dying from West Nile. Several have been found on our block.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.