Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
Doug --

I was able to buy a Wii within three days once I started looking and just paid normal retail. Find out when the Best Buy's get their shipments and call and be ready to go, they will tell you if they get any on their delivery days.

Beautiful weather here today, spring might be here, maybe ....... woke up to hail hitting the windows this morning at 3:30 AM. The fun just never ends.

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
We had some fun with the Wii last night. 5 year old son beat me at Lego Starwars! Kid will have to learn not to beat Dad. I also picked up the Call of Duty 3. Will have to learn how to work it.
Well, hope everyone has a great day.
God Bless,
Dennis

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Lego Starwars is a good one! The Wii is a good system. We found out that you can get them at Toys R Us if you time it right - you have to be there at like 7 AM on the day they decide to sell them, usually a Sunday around here :(

OK, gotcha on the girls set. It sounds great. I wanted to get one for my daughter, but my wife talked me out of it. Maybe once we have more track down, etc?

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Evening All,
I bought the pink GG1 freight set,don't know why, have six grandsons and no g/daughters. I just thought after all the other girls sets that have been made over the years a pink GG1 would be different. Ran the engine once back and forth about ten feet to make sure it worked,but the rest is still in their sealed boxes. we had a warm day and two more expected before the temp drops into the daytime 60s. Have a good one,,,S.J.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good evening,

Still trying to get back to normal after York. Took the cat to the vet this morning for annual checkup and shots. Only came away with a few scratches. :mrgreen:

The Williams / Bachman people at York told us that they plan to have everything in the catalog in stock once they get production up to speed. They have some nice new paint schemes in the new catalog. Also told us they hope to have more dealers in the West under Bachman.

Did I mention that Lionel/K-line had two "Streets" vehicles running under TMCC at York? They had headlights and tail lights and when they hit the brake on the remote the tail lights got twice as bright. Jon, who used to run Electric RR and now works for Lionel built the two prototypes. They say that they will be in the line soon.

Don, I took my two TIUs and handhelds to York and had them upgraded, got them reinstalled and they appear to work fine.

Finished off the day today with Yard work. Set up one of the hoses and put a lot of plants outside to harden up before planting. Onions and radishes up in the garden. Need to reconnect the auto fill for the pond but ran out of time. Off to the Museum tomorrow for the day.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
We had some great showers this afternoon and evening. Garden is standing up great. Best part of today. Now you will not believe this. I played trains this morning before going to Town Hall at noon. Yes I did. Stored several engines [in lashup] and Big Boy on storage siding in back room. Switched consists into sidings and ran a train [NS and CN SD 40-2 Legacy] like you do a real one. Ran it on all main lines [switching back and forth] and hauled different consists. I had fun.
Great Town Board meeting. Going to work on having a Rolesville Raptor Education Center in one of our big parks [45 acres]. Yes, Eagles in Rolesville.
Now for popcorn, news and bed. Sleep tight and God bless.

dbaker48

Jul 4, 2006
Cerritos, Ca.
Evening All...

Just hear some interesting news regarding this economic "slow down" per GW. In Orange Co, Ca. there were 343 detached homes for sale last year at this time that were priced at less than $500,000. Today there is 2,843! Foreclosure rate for 1st qtr this year was up 140% from last year 1st qtr. hmmm, makes me wonder ...... potential for a bigger train room ???????

John, glad you got your DCS upgraded, will be interesting to see what you think of the upgrades.

Chief, glad you're enjoying the trains so much, I should be able to get more T time in the next week. This coming weekend T&T all weekend. (Talladega and Trains)

Hectic time at office ! Lots of strange stuff going on in industry, mostly not good for consumers. What else is new??

Tell tomorrow, Hope you early starters have a good day !!!

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
A quick post and then I have to head in. Chief, great job on the school land deal! I can see it now, a new movie "The Negotiator". Small town Mayor Chief stands up to School Board and wins. Wins not only for his town, but for the school board, the county, and the kids. Coming soon to a theater near you.
As for the Raptor Center, may I suggest (I know this is crossing SEC lines), but Auburn University has a Raptor Rehabilitation Center. You may want to check with them for things you may need and get an idea of total cost, etc. Who knows, maybe they would help sponsor it considering the publicity and education that it will bring.
Well, Like I said, have to head in. Have a couple of cases today and that will keep me busy.
God Bless,
Dennis

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's a pleasant 66 degrees under a partly cloudy sky. Expecting a high of 84 with partly cloudy conditions.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/23/2008

Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 62°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 64°F
Rain: 0.99"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 25mph SE

Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 62 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

P1010007-18.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 57 F on its way to 76 F. Maybe spring has finally arrived around these parts.

No modeling last night. My son had baseball practice and my daughter had a softball game. Tonight is Cub Scout Pack Meeting.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
A beautiful day on tap here in the Heartlands, that would make 3 in a row :mrgreen: I opened up all the perennial beds yesterday and also was able to put down step one on the lawn, I slept VERY well last night, surprising what simple outdoor exercise will do for the body and mind. I keep thinking I need to get a pull behind spreader for the fertilizer but I also know that the walking is good for me, we have 5 acres but I only fertilize/mow half of it -- the other half is rugged timber.

We've been re populating the layout the last two weeks putting in scale people, sadly we now have 75 -- 100 homeless D56 people who will begin to collect unemployment checks and crowding the soup lines :rofl:

Thanks to the guys who reported from York, we look forward to returning some day -- most likely in the fall in another year or two. Being 1000 miles from York does become an issue, I look at our monthly gas receipts now and I just can't believe it, yikes. We will be traveling this summer to Colorado but I've been salting away money for several months now, from our door step to our first stop in Denver is 674 miles. At that point we will get on the bikes and travel into SW CO, thankfully I average over 42 MPG on the bike.

Enough rambling -- time to get outside and enjoy this beautiful day :thumb:

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Morning all. Jon, is it really that easy to find a Wii these days? I am on a kind of stealth look-out without success. I'll continue to look. Don't know how we'll be able to afford a drive to S. Carolina this year. I'm still saving too. What are you going to do with your d56 people? they are the perfect size for Thomas and his ilk ;)

Brutus, my youngest loves Lego Starwars for the Gamecube - just to give you a sense of how old my electronics are - I still have a Sega Genesis with a million games that the youngest tykes just love. Probably worth something for nostalgia's sake.

Dennis, why would anyone at Auburn want to rehabilitate a Raptor - I saw Jurassic Park - those dinos are dangerous. ;)

Spent a delightful morning yesterday with Chicago's finest learning all about their bomb squad.:eek:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Morning everybody :)

Chief - a Raptor center sounds great!!! We have a few near us in NJ...

They have one that is an Eagle Observatory.. Tons of nests!! :D

We were too late in the year to see the birds though.. :(

We did see one in flight about 3 weeks ago.. I feel a bit sorry, for anyone who has not seen one in flight.... beautiful birds!!!!! Beautiful!!!!

I've seen Raptor shows at our Renaissance Faire.. to say they are intelligent and cunning is an understatement... We actually petted a Falcon.. It was really cool!! Of course he was on his "Daddy's" gauntlet at the time :D :D

He has 2 owls too!! Unbelievable to watch close up!!!! you can blink and the owl will "lock in" his sights on you because he sees the movement - so neat!!!!

dbaker48

Jul 4, 2006
Cerritos, Ca.
Good Morning All !
Fun Day planned, going to go to the club early probably around 2. Want to see about the next "Operating Session" plans. You may recall last session we had 3 trains running in opposite directions at vairous speeds. The passenger train was running 50 mph and had to stop at two stations for a minimum of 5 secs each. The 2 freight trains are running at 20 mph, and 30 mph respectively. Thus forcing the freight trains to yield to the passenger trains. The passenger train had to make 8 circuits, thereby forcing the traffic issue. For the next session I want to try and integrate the switching yard. Requiring each of the freight trains to drop off their consist, and picking up a different one. Of course the cars will have to be resorted. So going to see what I can "invent". Cars sorted by "odd/even" nos? sorted by type? sorted by color? other variable? Anything to cause confusion. Matter of fact I think I will have to create a subversive intent as well. Chris is trying to "out smart" everything by coming up with advanced information to figure it out in advance and prestage to his advantage. hmmmm
Also going to take a small "spy" camera I bought at York, last year. Put it on a car, and maybe add that to the confusion.
So if any of you have time come on down should be fun. Or come in on next Tuesdy and join the Operating System.
Have a great day, and will talk to you all later.

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
This thread is getting too low on the list. I like your ideas, Don, though Sir Topham Hatt would frown at your 'confusion and delay.' One trick we used in N scale was to think in terms of fast time rather than scale MPH - of course we didn't have your nifty calculator. Must get to siding X before time Y. When you do, regardless, you pick a card from a pre-made deck - and do what is says. Switch out bad order car, wait to swap engines with ailing passenger. Washout ahead, go back, water stock cars. That sort of thing. Going to run trains. Think I'll get one of those Boscov plymouth sets for my birthday. Want only the cars though.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
EVENING ALL
It looks like warmer weather has everyone out doing things. Me too, cut the grass for the first time this year. No trains today,I did think about them, does that count? Take care all,,,,S.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.