Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefelectric

Had a few of the fellows that I have met at York over the past couple of years, over to operate the layout last evening. Here is the smiling group.

Paul Seabridge, Paterson, NJ; Roger Furkash, Dallas; Roy McClellan, Richardson; Mike McLintock, Dallas; George Watson, Dallas. Last 4 all Texas. Roy feel free to correct any misspelled names.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Great stuff!!!! I always like to meet fellow members when I get the chance.. :) Always a great thing to get together.. :D :D :D Runnin' Trains just adds to the fun!!!

Chief Eagles

Think it hit 85 today [he he, Jon]. Glad to see the Dallas gang in PA. Went to Frankie's new house for first time. Farter south from me than the other one. Lot bigger than the one he lives in now. Now Sheriff is gone, guess they will have to fill it with kids. :eek: Hope all have a great weekend. Got Rec Day [beginning of kids ball season] parade. Get to ride in convertable and wave. Sleep tight all.

dwiemer

Had a great night, went out with a couple that we are friends with. Came home to watch some slide shows of the movie making and then they had a book of photos from their Africa trip this winter. Well, night is over, time to get to bed. May you all have a blessed weekend.
Dennis

jeffrey-wimberl

Finished day one of of a two day fire dept leadership course tonight. I go back at 8:00 tomorrow morning to attend the second day. I learned so much tonight that my head feels like it's gonna explode.

Brutus

Yep - earthquakes here too. First one I mostly slept through. Second one I was at work with my training group. I went over and stood in the doorway anyway, but nothing happened much.

Sounds like good training, Jeffrey - is this a VFD job?

Hooked up faucet (short version) and it works. Now have to wait for the wood and particle board to dry so we can see if that is all taken care of finally. Found the mouse hole in the basement so I'm going to drop back, get some superior fire power, and that's all she wrote.... The only good Varmint Cong is a dead Varmint Cong, I tink.

TPC400 came today along with cable and some more gg track! Hope to get some time to play tomorrow
icon_smile_cowboy.gif

Doug, Sir James 1, Kurt and all others, sorry I missed the usual snack time. God bless and all!

(Sir James - you've got email!)

Just finished watching Disturbia with my bride. Chief, you were right, this was a really good movie! Bride said she liked it and will never watch it again! It was basically a remake/rip-off of Rear Window, Psycho, Deranged, Phenomena and/or Inferno, Blair Witch, TCM and maybe a little Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer? They did a really good job with it - two :thumb:

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where we have had great warm weather on the North Coast!

Yesterday we took the day off from the museum and did some railfanning (see this weeks photo fun http://forum.zealot.com/t158595/ ). Chief will like it!

We also visited several hobby shops in the Akron area.

Today it's back to bussines at the museum.
:wave:

cnw1995

Morning all. Great photos! Africa is one continent I'd like to visit someday, Dennis. Today's projects consist of taking the middle boy off with a few friends to an arcade far far away to celebrate his birtday - gas is suddenly $3.70. Yikes. Hope to fix one of my backdrops that fell down - blocking the main line and causing 'confusion and delay.' Since they are kind of just hanging there - I may have to cut it down some.

Brutus

Raining again today (sigh). Will run trains this weekend for sure and hook up all my tmcc component. No new water evident under the sink (yay!). Kurt, I was going to call you, but I was working until nearly 5PM and then we all went out to eat, book shopping, and then just gave it my best try when we got home. I'll take a pic later to post as well as a pic of my new tmcc setup. Hope that some really useful engines can help you out there Doug! Have fun, ttyl!

jeffrey-wimberl

Sounds like good training, Jeffrey - is this a VFD job?
Yep. You hit it right on the nose. VFD.

I finished the leadership course at 12:05 pm today. :cool: When I left, our fire chief, asst chief and several others were still going through pump-ops training out in afternoon Louisiana sun. Wish I was out there. NOT!!! :D

sir james

EARLY EVENING
Friend Brutus posted three pictures of my layout on "photo fun 4-18-08" If you would like to see them. I am computer challenged and could not do it. So a double dip banilla for Brutus tonite. I browsed the new MTH catalog today and not to impressed I see big gaps between chassis and trucks which has created many pages of comments on another forum in the past. I think these are higher than ever. It does not matter to me that much ,there all toys from where I sit. Temp is 69, with showers expected but still nice so far. Enjoy your evening,,,,S.J.

Chief Eagles

Evening all. Got garden beds fixed. Now I can plant anytime I want. Suppose to rain but not much has fallen. Watching the Untouchables. Old but great movie. Later

Brutus

Kein problem, Sir James 1, always glad to help the nobility! Nobless Oblige or something? :D Wife was on the phone all morning, or I would have called you and Kurt, maybe Doug too? Bet you are all running around though anyway.

Went to a LHS and picked up a Scruffey car for Thomas set and also some farm people (Lionel set) for daughter's dairy farm. Then, we went to Cabellas and spent about $200 one camping/hiking gear including new sleeping bags good for colder nights and some new shoes. I never had Gor-tex shoes before, hope they live up to the hype!

Jeffrey, I used to work with a VFD guy and it was really wild because sometimes in the middle of work his little pager would go off and he'd be off to save lives and property - VERY COOL! Although I do not live in your area, I thank you for your service too! Big Thumbs UP!

One nice thing today -- we ate a very late lunch at Pizza Hut while out shopping and as we were getting in the van, a lady ran out and brought me my jacket, I had forgotten it at our table. She wasn't any employee or anything, just another customer who saw that we had left it behind!

Just hanging out with the family right now, eating dinner and watching The Wild Wild West. Will hook up TMCC tomorrow and see how it does running all my conventional stuff and my single MTH P2 loco as well!

kpolak

Morning!

Busy, Busy, Busy....Church today. I'm lucky to get more than 5-minutes to sit anywhere...unless it's 4:00am.

Sir James: Great layout photos! Brutus, thanks for posting!

Kurt

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Cloudy and 54 degrees this morning. Expecting a high of 82 and partly cloudy.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/20/2008

Wind Chill: 53°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 49°F

So Far Today
High: 58°F
Low: 53°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

Today High: 82 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds up to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 62 Increasing clouds. Warmer. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds around 10 mph.

P1010009-15.jpg

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where we have overcast skies and light rain on the North Coast! :cry:

Chief - did you check out the photo fun thread?

Here is a new refer we pick up

47b8da38b3127ccea8d33a5a19c200000027108IZMmrFwxbA

47b8da38b3127ccea8d32c7f19ec00000017108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

cnw1995

Morning all. A quick hello before getting ready for church. Beautiful morning - truly spring. Recovering from taking 3 teenage boys to a big arcade / restaurant to celebrate my middle boy's birthday. Four hours later, they were thisclose to earning enough 'tickets' to get a real guitar as a prize so of course, I had to keep recharging their card until they won. Figure it cost $100 in real money - LOL. But they were thrilled. Worth it.

sir james

GOOD MORNING ALL
Sunny 57 going to 70s, very nice.
Just stopped by to say hello and get a sweet tea. Chief needs to brew some sassafras tea thats good too. Ran some trains yesterday and all went well, the repaired coupler stays closed now so I can run this GP facing either way at last.
I hope everyone is well or at least healing,,,,,S.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.