Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSXect

On train front, I watched the Travel Channel with the great train excursions of the US. Was neat as they went on the American Orient Express, then the Grand Canyon Railroad, and a few others. Also watched a program on the Dennison Depot Museum....someplace in Ohio:eek:. Perhaps some of our Ohio folks were in it.

Been there once when they had a train festival. they had a few locos and cars you climb on. If I remember right you could catch the train in columbus and ride it to the festival there was the station/musem and a model train musem in another building.

sir james

GOOD EVENING ALL
We got to 51 today, nice and sunny . Warmer farther into the week. I discovered today that the grass is starting to grow so will have to look for the lawnmower soon. I do know where it is just in no hurry. I didn't get to play with trains today but I thumbed the lionel 2008 christmas catalog. nothing for me. also got the MTH HO catalog, prices are almost as much as their o gauge. we got fresh banilla for those meandering this way. so start meandering.,,,,S.J.

Chief Eagles

Bedtime. Off to bed. Dry cough set in??? Codiene is already "incharge". No more for this night. All sleep tight. God bless.

Brutus

RT - prayers for you, what a bad month! Hope things turn around fast.

Had a lot to say, but it's bedtime and I'm just getting to the caboose, so good night all and prayers for good health, great birthdays and anniversaries, great concerts and church events, and great trains - glad to hear that GP is working too!

TTFN!

dbaker48

Not much news here .....

- Only got to 88* today, was 94* yesterday, cooling this week to high 70*s low 80*s, then warmer again this weekend.

- Taxes done and sent

- New cabinet for train room

- party at John F's house on Tuesday

- Repackaging trains to move to living room

- Sent some medicinal grits to chief

- organized 2nd operations session

- helped re-establish son's identity

That's it !

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 42 degrees outside this morning. Glad I'm not out there. The sky is clear and according to all reports will remain so for the rest of the day. Expecting a high of 73.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/15/2008

Wind Chill: 39°F
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 33°F

So Far Today
High: 45°F
Low: 41°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph E

Today High: 72 Sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. Light and variable winds.

P1010013-8.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 43 F on the way in this morning. High is supposed to be 59 F. This week is supposed to be sunny and the highs in the seventies.

I went to the Foot and Ankle Doctor yesterday. In addition to the bone spur I have a tear of shift in the cartilage that is torn or shifted slightly. He changed the dosage and timing for the pain medication, and the stretching exercises. I will follow this regiment for 4 weeks. If things don’t get better I’ll be looking at a cortisone shot. If that doesn’t work, I may be looking at surgery at the end of the summer or fall.

For Cub Scouts we have a camping trip coming up in June. In preparing for it we decided to check out the pack first aid kit. After examining the contents I can say we have a case. All of the supplies were out of date. Many expired in 1985. The newest item expired in 1992!

No modeling last night. We spent some time doing vacation planning. Actually we priced out our proposed trip to Maine and then saw if we could do something else for the same price. It was an exercise in seeing if we are getting our money’s worth.

I hope everybody has a good day.

cnw1995

Morning all. Hope everyone who needs to, continues to heal. Son had a good birthday yesterday. Great news about Columbus streetcars - hope they do not have rubber tires. :thumb:

dwiemer

Good Morning all! Well, we have a few big cases today. I see the temps have taken a nose dive in most regions of the country, including here. Was in the high 30s when I left and should get back into the high60s this afternoon. Perhaps that will keep the mosquitos down a bit.:cry: I know the good Lord has His reasons for everything, but when I go home, I want to ask him about Mosquitos?

Jeffrey, very sharp engine in that photo today! If I was running modern day equipment, that would be one I'd like to have a model of.

Chief, hope you are feeling better. How is Miss Pam doing? Do you want me to talk to her and tell her to get seen? Not sure it will help. Sounds like she is almost as stubborn as her husband!:eek:announce1

My son has shown a lot of interest in the trains lately and wanting to work on the layout some more. I hope we can continue all this progress. I got a lable maker and some wire markers (little split rings with numbers on them, they slide over the wire). I want to make sure I will be able to work on problems with some reasonable diagram to guide me.

My bride seems tired of working her 3 days a week. She will either stop working, or more likely, she will switch to a schedule to work 1 day a week. The upside of this would be that she can get more done at home and allow me to spend more time on the layout. Of course, the downside could be that she spends the time at home making up a "Honey Do List".wall1
We will have to see.

God Bless,
dennis

Chief Eagles

Afternoon all. Wife home sick. Found an old prescription for a Z pack she never filled. Got it filled. No fever this AM but have spells of sweats. Tired of nothing but TV and sleeping. Chat later.

Chief Eagles

Chief, I really hope you & the wife get to feeling better soon.
Thanks Marcie and all the others. I feel a lot better just nagging cough. Wife says she feels better too. Now to get by tonight without a frost and we will be good. May wrap the peach tree just in case. Then up to 70 tomorrow. Yanks last charge South for the winter I guess. Later

Brutus

Hi guys,

Nice pic Jeffrey, that is a really sharp engine and love that livery!

TomPM - when I worked at a drug store in the 80's in College, we had a dollar off prescription sale one time. People could bring old pills in and we'd give them a dollar off their new prescription! Well, we got bottles of medicine from the 1950's and 60's! I'll bet that medicine was mostly either inert by then or maybe even poisonous! Glad you guys checked the box!

Dennis - that's my problem in life, my wife has too much time to figure out stuff for me to fix or do around the house. We were picking out a new faucet and she said not to get to fancy, since we'll be redoing the entire kitchen in a couple years anyway!? Oh yeah???????

Pooh Bah
When we cleaned out my father's basement last year, we found medicine from the town he lived in peviously. And he moved into the house in 1959!

jefelectric

Good evening all,

Weather is improving here, forecast for York is much improved. Is to be in the 70s for all three days with mostly sunny Thursday and Friday with clouds and a chance of rain late in the day on Saturday. :thumb: We should stay snug and dry for a few more years. The old portion of the roof was replaced yesterday. Looks good, will know better after it rains a few times. :mrgreen:

I planted a little more garden this morning, spinach, leaf lettuce and radishes.
:yep:

Hope everyone who is not feeling well, improves ASAP.

Finished giving the train room it's biannual cleaning this afternoon. :rolleyes:

Heading down to the TCA openhouse tomorrow, will let you know if I hear anything earthshaking from the Movers and Shakers.

sir james

GOOD EVENING ALL
A chilly 57 today, but like many others expecting 70 or close to it tomorrow. No earth shattering news here reg gas is at $3.45/$3.48,I bought E85 for 30 cents less. but with corn prices high and this years corn production expected to be less E85 will cost as much as reg gas. no benefit there as you get less MPG. The guys from the train store are off to York soon so I will be helping at the store thur. and fri. usually till around four and then some of the regulars come in and hang around, so then I come home. They will all start dropping in sat as the new catalogs come back from York with them MTH the most looked at of course.
I hope everyone has a great tomorrow,,,,S.J.

Brutus

Hey, Sir James - did you previously post that the Fall Lionel Catalogs are already coming and they changed some of the Christmas stuff?

Q: What two groups HATE to file their taxes?
A: Men and Women!

LOL

sir james

Brutus===my post said and I have, the 2008 Lionel CHRISTMAS catalog.
You may also remember that MTH releases their newest catalog at York.
I have not looked but I believe the christmas catalog is posted on Lionels web site.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Quick announcement:

cgutzmer started a paypal donations thread in the Card Modelers forum for Amazyah.. Seems that our friend Amazyah's house was one of 3 that were set on fire by an arsonist... Random act of violence..

He lost pretty much everything, but he had his model stuff in his shed.. He lost his family pictures and all the other personal things that would be in an average home :(

The link to the donation thread is:
http://forum.zealot.com/t158515/

~~~ Ezdays and NGauger

Status
Not open for further replies.