Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnw1995

Morning all. Cloudy and damp here. Looks like I get to go to Phoenix for a conference in May - hooray! Never been there. Brutus, they couldn't find anything wrong with the van so I'm going to start tracking mileage more diligently and go back. John and Kurt, there's this C&NW Baby Trainmaster I've had my eye on - but it looks like it wouldn't work on 027 curves. Have to find a Dale Jr. boxcar first for a friend who's retiring later this month.

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Was 39 here this morning at 5AM. Rainy dreary day here.
CHIEF, sorry you won't be at YORK in 2 weeks. Was looking forwrd to those GRITs, NOT!!!! Anyway hope you have a good time at your parade? Do they give you a big WAND to lead the parade? What type o car are you riding in? Or do you have to walk?
Going to run trains later?
TGIF!!!!
B GOOD or B GONE,
laz57

sir james

MORNING
Laz-the Chiefs going to have a car. they painted up one of their good half moon two seaters and added a lawnmower motor to it.
Cloudy and 40. We had rain overnite but no storm. 50s today I think. My wife is watching 2 g/sons today so I guess I can goof of like I usually do.
Have a great weekend.,,,S.J.

Chief Eagles

Morning. Wife home so we cooked breakfast together and sat and chatted. She is off to Wilmington to cook Cart's first Birthday cake. We all [in-laws family and friend] go tomorrow. Drive back tomorrow night. :cry: No rain this AM but more for tonight and tomorrow.
LAZ, last parade, Corvette Convertable. :wave: Saw a power point this AM. Had a great saying, "Be fishers of men, you catch them, he will clean them." Later

Morning all!

Chief - I am very sorry you will not make it to York. I was looking forward to seeing you there. LAZ, John, and I will have some grits in your honor!

Big storms rolled through here early this morning. Heard there were some tornados east of here. 50's this morning and maybe 65 today? 70's for the weekend - nice!

Have layout duty at the Thomas event tonight and all day Sunday. Will be fun! Robotics tournament tomorrow for my elementary school kids - another all day event and good fun!

Hope everyone is having a great day today!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 45 F when I head out late to work. High today with the rain will be in the upper 50s. I was late this morning because I am dealing with an ear infection and the pain had me up half the night. I called the doctor and I am waiting for them to call something in.

No modeling last night. My daughter had girl scouts. And we continued another step in the window blind odyssey as we tired the fourth size in the window. We returned try number three. I have not attempted to see if number four will fit.

This weekend we are supposed to have Little League photos on both days. I think my son’s will get rained out on Saturday in which case I may do the last bit of Cub Scout training I need to finish. My wife and daughter are doing a sleep over at the Delaware Museum of Natural History on Saturday night with her Girl Scout troop. It looks like my son and I will have to do the bi-weekly grocery store run on our own.

I would like to finish entering the boxcars into the computer inventory and perhaps start the passenger equipment. Also I still have not figured out what the next project will be. Maybe I should spruce up the work bench and layout and see if anything inspires me.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

I finally got my official fire fighter license plate this morning. It only involved getting a letter of certification (certifying that I'm a fire fighter) from my fire chief and jumping through more hoops than I cared to count. The renewal fee is $45 every two years and requires a new letter of certification each time. That's no problem since it's now on file at the fire station. Was it worth all the trouble and heartburn? Yes. Here's a couple of photos. The plate number has been removed for security reasons.

FFP1.jpg

FFP2.jpg

kpolak

Morning all. Cloudy and damp here. Looks like I get to go to Phoenix for a conference in May - hooray! Never been there.
Doug: While in Phoenix, you'll have to look up TrainNut, and ezdays, both moderators on The Gauge, and located in the Phoenix area. Thanks for the heads up, but I won't be able to swing a new train this month...C&NW...too...:sad: Hope that Van gets the bugs flushed out.

WR: Robotics in elementary??? I guess that's better than Applied Physics, where they would just try to blow stuff up...

Bride to arrive home tomorrow...Made reservations at her favorite place for prime rib, then on to see Kings Choir. I offered to give the tickets away, so she can relax, but she wants to go out. Wierd...We're going to Knight's for dinner...

Bride just e-mailed...she bought 2-tickets for Red Wings Stanley Cup Playoffs game-1! :thumb:.

Kurt

Morning all. Sir J, all will be fine. Faith is the answer. Do you all have Wal-Marts way up there????:eek: If so, bet they have snowmobile parking spaces. bounce7

Chief up around the Lancaster area of Pa (Ephrata, Pa for sure) the Wal-Marts have place for the Amish to park the horse and buggys basicly a covered stall for them think it will house like 6

Just waiting for the finger prints to come back. not to much else happening. Did agree but didn't sign anything to buy a 16X72 mobile home 3 bed 2 bath ( one bath for the cats lol) Still need to sell this place ( and have a buyer that is going for a loan on it now. ) I also need to get letters of employment from VA (stating I will be hired) and for my last 2 jobs to prove work history.. Geese this isn't getting done easily.

jefelectric

Chief up around the Lancaster area of Pa (Ephrata, Pa for sure) the Wal-Marts have place for the Amish to park the horse and buggys basicly a covered stall for them think it will house like 6

That is the Wal-Mart we shop at the most. They do take care of their Amish customers & they have a lot.

Good evening everyone. Had a fun day as I had the same test as Buckeye had a short time ago.

Weather has been a little on the nasty side today, but is supposed in improve a little tomorrow. At least the rain should get the onions off to a good start.

Chief, just got an email from Atlas about new products and they are bringing out their MP-15 lettered for NS, need a switcher?

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
That is the Wal-Mart we shop at the most. They do take care of their Amish customers & they have a lot.

Is that the Rt 10 & 30 Wal-Mart???? Been there a few times.. H U G E store!!! Really nice people there both customers and employees.....

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Ran trains tonite. NO PILE UPs again. KUDOS for me. Ran them for about 1.5 hrs all good. Ran NPR Lionel Berkshire Big O scale and the NPR WEAVER Hudson with ephalant ears. Ran GREAT also looked cool side by side. Also on the tracks were the BA Lionel 0-8-0 switcher looking powerful and to round it out the CN SD40 running SMOOOOTH as ever. GREAT NITE at the YARD!!!!!

KURT, you are a LUCKY GUY to get those tix. I'd love them even though I'm a PENs fan. Redwings are my other favorite team.

Hope all had a solid one?
laz57

sir james

Cloudy day today but not cold, more like cool. A nice weekend is expected, near 60.
I can't find anything to keep me awake so I will say good nite to all and of course Chewy. Brutus just let yourself in...S.J.

Brutus

Hi everyone, sorry I'm running so late again.

On the way, Sir James - running late after shopping and dinner with wife and kids. Good luck on the van, Doug. You need a couple loops of O27 with 42 inch curves? Robot Wars with Roy 101 -- sounds like a great class to me! RT - hang in there, sounds like everything is moving along. It is the government after all, so sometimes things take a little longer than in the real world ;)

Laz, I heard Chief is going to lead the parade with his Legacy Controller - they are putting Mars Lights on the car even as we speak!

Big congrats, Kurt - hope you are feeling better too!

Jeffrey, nice pics and big congrats on the license plate, too!

Chief Eagles

Evening all. Watched a great Train Western on Westerns Channel. All steam engine thorugh out the entire movie. Jeffrey, great license plate. John, I got the same email. Will have to get one of those [from someone other than Atlas as their prices a RETAIL]. John, I have a tomato in the greenhouse the size of a quarter. All the plants I started early are now 4 feet high. Got them staked up on reeds from the pond. Hope to move them out soon. Had to put the squash, cucs and zucs under shelter. Were getting too big for greenhouse. Hope to plant next week. Big T'storms have rolled in. Raining hard. Off to bed.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

We got lots of rain yesterday but luckily no road washouts. Looks like I got the grass cut just in time.

It's a bracing 54 degrees outside under a cloudy sky which will give way the partly cloudy conditions this afternoon. A high of 74 is expected.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/5/2008

Wind Chill: 52°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 52°F

So Far Today
High: 59°F
Low: 54°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 12mph N

The Flood Warning Continues For The Sabine River Near Bon Weir. * Until Further Notice...Or Until The Warning Is Cancelled. * At 9:15 PM Friday The Stage Was 33.2 Feet. * Moderate Flooding Is Occurring And Moderate Flooding Is Forecast. * Flood Stage Is 30.0 Feet. * Forecast...The River Will Continue Rising To Near 33.3 Feet By Tomorrow Morning Then Begin Falling. * At Stages Near 33.0 Feet, Moderate Lowland Flooding Will Occur. Low-Lying Roads And A Few Homes Have Some Flooding Between Bon Weir And Merryville. Camp Houses Along The River In Southwest Vernon Parish Begin To Flood.

Today High: 75 Mostly cloudy early in the morning then clearing. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds.

P9110382.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Off to Wilmington for Cart's first Birdthday Party. Back tonight. Speaking of Birthdays, Happy Birthday to TomPM. Rain last night has filled lake so water restrictions will be relaxed some. Pond is way high. Have a good one. [notice how nice and quite it is when Buckeye does not post :thumb:]

dbaker48

Morning All,
At last the weekend is here! Get to work on trains! Wifes girl friends from her bunco group have a whole day scheduled. They are taking her to a matinee performance of Phanthom of the Opera, then dinner. Chris scheduled to work. So I have the day to myself.
Going to see about installing DCS 4.0, have had difficulty getting correct Serial port configured, but will get it.
Been working on stuff for our train club prototypical operations event. I plan on getting it started, then stepping into the background.

RT that is really great news about the job situation, glad to see it is FINALLY coming together for you.
Doug - How long you going to be in Phoenix? In May the weather should be great, try to get to the Train Museum in Scottsdale while you are there.

Sir James
- sounds like a good day may be in store.

Goin to get going and take full advantage of the day.

bday1 Carter

sir james

Good Morning
Not many post so I guess everyone is sleeping or outside already. We have sun and going to 60.
Talked to my train friend last nite and nothing of intrest at the train store at this time. So no big news on the local level.
We have two birthdays in our little family today. Oldest son and our only daughter share this day. born six years apart.
I hope we all,we meaning you too, have a great weekend...S.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.