Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Eagles

Afternoon all. Been busy. Went and bought Carter [his first B'day party is Sat.] a PLASTIC Radio Flyer wagon [a big one]. His Mom will not let him have a metal one. wall1:curse: Did see a John Deere tractor with front end loader [battery operated] and a Gator he will get when he can drive. Mom or no Mom!!!!! 40's and raining. Homemade veggie soup day. Later BTW: I still do not know why you need a cable for DCS and Legacy to run together???? I run them now on the same track and no screw ups. Run TMCC, Legacy and conventionals with CAB1 and CABII remotes. DCS with DCS remotes. OH WELL.

dwiemer

Good Afternoon Y'all!
Well, it was a great service this morning and a blessed day so far. Sunday school was neat as we have a theology professor for a teacher. I had made some more of the Cheesecake/chocolate chip cookie squares and brought them to the media department....they were snatched up!
I have done enough of the wiring under the layout that I can start moving some of the trains out of my son's closet to let him actually put some of his own stuff in there. Bride is clearing other areas as we are getting things together for a police officer who's house burned to the ground. Has a family of 4 and can use about anything.
Well, I hope that everyone has a blessed week ahead. While I am not on call, one of the guys I work with is an avid turkey hunter, so I will have to cover so he can kill some birds.

God Bless,
Dennis

cnw1995

Just got back from church where i video-directed the services. Now to check in with my just-started online class.

Gus, when you see references to 'pileups', we're joshing. 3-rail O gauge runs like a charm.

Roy, been there with daughter. Hope she has some girlfriends to come around here. Heard same thing about 10K BC. Daughter is re-adjusting to life in the US - insulted that I objected to her adding 4 GB of photos to my work laptop so she could pick one or two for her MySpace - LOL. She has some money she 'saved' from her trip which she thought spend here. LOL, not quite.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good afternoon folks

It has been a busy, exciting, and scary weekend. We off started yesterday with Scout day at the Philadelphia Phillies. Of course it was cold and windy. The scary part came while we were walking into the stadium. My wife got behind a couple of guys smoking cigars just outside the gate. (The Phillies are very strict on smoking inside the stadium; they will throw you out if you are caught smoke outside of a designated area.) The smoke sets off her asthma into a major attack. He rescue inhaler does not work as fast as she needs it to. I get her to the gate and ask one of the attendants for help. As he is rushing to help she collapses into both of our arms. At that point they call for the EMTs. They give her oxygen and take her to the First Aid Station. They give her several Albuterol treatments. She responses to the treatments and quickly recovers. Of course they want her to stay for a while for observation. The kids are with us and at that point I take them to the seats to meet up with their friends and arrange a ride home for them if I have to take my wife home early. All the scouts got to run the bases after the game so we did not want them to miss out on it. They release my wife at the beginning of the 7th inning. She is feeling much better at this time and we stayed until the end of the game meet up with our kids and most of the pack and they ran the bases.

Today we just got back from the Philadelphia Mineral Treasures and Fossil Fair at the Shiners’ LuLu Temple. Scouts in uniform got in free so we encouraged our pack to go and we ran into a few boys. We all enjoyed the show and the kids bought some specimens and jewelry. My wife bought some jewelry, so now I can bring a few more trains in the house without the Look.

No modeling yet this weekend. There are still a few hours left so I hope to get some in.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

jefelectric

Very late good evening to all (or early morning)....Hope you don't mind my asking, but....I keep reading about pile-ups (or NO pile-ups...). Is this something common in O-gauge..?? If so, what causes them..?? Is this one of the "down" sides to the control systems you use..?? I know that this can happen with DCC (almost had one myself a couple of weeks ago....). But I attribute my incident to carelessness....Left a train "parked" behind a ridge on the main...then forgot it was there...Caught it just in time - came within an inch (literally) of bustin' some couplers, or worse...:cry:

I think the "PILE-UPS" are due more to the advanced age of most of us O gaugers rather than any equipment problems. :mrgreen: wall1 :wave:

Sir James, A belated
happy anniversary! :thumb:
Laz, I also cooked outdoors last evening, ate inside though. Very tasty steaks on the grill, from one of the grandsons home raised steers.

Nice pics, Tom & Jeffrey.

edited:

TomPM
, I guess I started my post before yours popped up. Glad to hear your wife recovered OK, that does indeed sound scary.

sir james

Evening
A quiet day, just peaceful.
Tom glad wife is ok,and that you spend time with the kids,treasure it, they grow fast.
Brutus,Kurt,Doug, and any others, got banilla peach, and butter pecan..... S.J.

CSXect

:wave:Posting from a tiny linux OS enviroment at the moment(why??? because I can:eek:) registered for my two HDTV converter boxes today:rolleyes:

Lumber yards are calling to me to build a layout in my basement(If I build it they will run)

I fell of the wagon yesterday and ate a blueberry donut:eek: Now have to work extra hard to lose it.

Well I guess I will turn in for the night.

dwiemer

Good evening all. Doug, I ended up working the light board. They had made the schedule out, but left this last week of the month off. We had enough folks to cover all bases. Was a good evening service. Pastor spoke of Psalm 59 with regard to being surrounded by enemies. The message evolved to any criticism of the upcoming movie. We handed it over to God, if He wants it to be a success, the Success is His.

Tom PM, asthma attacks are nothing to take lightly. My bride has had asthma, but has not had an attack in over 4 years. She carries around two inhalers as she has been caught with one not working. You may want to mention this to her MD so that she can get a second back up. You can even leave it in the glove box of the car, but have it near by.

May everyone's week be blessed.
Dennis

L

laz57

I was thinking maybe you ought to look in to getting a boxcar made up with a pic and the words "DA BEAR" and it could be a members only car for members of the forums lol

RT, LOL might just have to do that? Great iseaer.
MARCIE, yepper was a great nite. Always have a fire on either friday or Saturday nite during fishing and pheasant seasons, in the spring and fall. Great way to end the week. Plus the fireplace and beer and dogs and burgers seem to go together like ps and carrots.
TOM PM glad wife is ok.
Later,
laz57

Chief Eagles

Bedtime. TomPM, glad wife is OK. Use to have coughing spells and could not get my breath. Carried inhaler and took breathing treatments [nebulizer]. Then they found I had a bacteria in my lungs. Glad to get rid of those things. Hope she can fully recover. Rainy [light showers] today and maybe all week. Soaking the ground which is good. Ran the K-Line switcher I upgraded to TMCC. Run better the more I run it. Needed weight to help it along. Sleep tight.

47b8dd11b3127cceb6b2367c30e400000026108AasnLhm4bNe

Another late evening all!

Tom - glad your wife is OK! That must have been pretty frightening.

Chief - nice switcher - think of how nice it would be in NYC colors :thumb:

Spent the first part of this morning pulling weeds in the front yard. The drought the last couple of years really took a toll and now the weeds are rampant.

Got back a while ago from covering up the modular layout as Thomas does not run again until next Fri - Sun. I spent most of my spare weekend time building a ladder frame to clamp to the sides of the layout to support the tarps we laid over it. Might storm here tomorrow so it is good it has extra cover. The tent over it has lots of bright spots shining down which indicates it might leak a bit in a storm. I work the event next weekend and the weather is supposed to be cooler than today (85 and VERY humid). 70's for next weekend - but that is 5 days away and a lot will change by then I'm sure.

Son's soccer team had a make up game today and they won one finally 3-0. The other team got worn out due to having only 2 subs and it was very warm and humid at game time. My son had an assist that resulted in a solid score.

Hope eveyone has a great day tomorrow!

dwiemer

Quick stop by this morning. All ready to go, but patient's condition requires us to move things along. Will check in later. Hope everyone is well.
Dennis

Good Morning............
Warmer today. 44 degrees. Going up to 65 with a few rain showers.
Had a nice relaxing day, yesterday. Watched the Nascar race. I like the bigger tracks.
Today is very busy. Have shopping to do and a lot of places to stop. Will be busy all day. No time for trains.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
39 here today and spitting a littler. To get into the 60s tomorrow?
Ran trains a little last nite NO PILE UPs.
Took off the netting over the ponds yesterday and raked leaves and cut back butterfly bushes. No fishing yesterday, feet still not thawed out.

All have a good one.
B GOOD or B GONE,
laz57

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's a pleasant, though wet, 64 degrees here this morning under a mostly cloudy sky. A high of 78 degrees with partly cloudy conditions is expected this afternoon along with a small chance of thunderstorms.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/31/2008

Wind Chill: 65°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 65°F

So Far Today
High: 66°F
Low: 64°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 10mph NNE

Today High: 80 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 80. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

IMAG0003-9.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 40 as I rolled onto the road this morning. High today is supposed to be 53 F with some rain. The kids have half-days this week since they are taking the PSSA tests and also have parent-teacher conferences.

I started entering boxcars into the computer inventory. I am about 80% done with the boxcars. After them is passenger equipment and locos.

I hope everybody has a good day.

sir james

MORNING ALL
No earth shattering news this morning. Its in the 40s going to middle 50s,maybe rain. Tiger opener today, they are hoping to get the game played without rain. Only time will tell. Enjoy your Monday,,,S.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.