Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSXect

CSX - we have some weightwatchers treats too - very low points, so you won't be left out!

Thanks for the thought but I am very pleased with the optifast stuff and the sugar free jello. And I like diet rite pop has no sodium like coke and pepsi which causes you to retain extra water. In another 30 pounds they will put me on the maintance program where I eat some food and one optifast a day versus 6 optifast drinks a day. Can't wait to eat a ruben sandwich, some onion rings , peanutbutter shake and pizza..................just not at the same meal or even the same day:mrgreen:

bday1balloon6to your wife:wave:

On tv last night they said there is flooding from texas all the way to ohio:shock: We live close to Scioto river and it is flat land from here to river. Localy we get flooded underpasses every time it rainswall1

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Ran trains tonite for 2 hrs, NO PILE UPs. GREAT NITE in the train yard. Hope everyone had a great nite.
BRUTUS, HAPPY B DAY to your wife. Hope you spoiled her with some foofarahh? That means more trains?!
CSXECT, way to go with the diet. Before long we won't see you. Keep on keepen on.
Krawler, Congratulations on the grandchild. Spoil em with a train or two?
Have a great nite,
laz57

Jonadel

Dennis,

No florescent lights nor flash nor available light, it's the doggone basement. What I'm using are work lights for fill in and it's driving me crazy, I need to bite the bullet and get some decent photo lights. I did try your idea of using a sheet last weekend in between the light and the train and it did help diffuse but my wife still works so she isn't always available. I do have an SB800 flash and I need to get serious and use it's potential. Along with more reading and practice it will get better but please keep the advice coming :thumb:

Chief Eagles

Evening all. See Shake and Bake has not posted here but has on CTT. [oops, missed a whole page, I see he has] Not going to call him till tomorrow. He is doing better. Krawler, congrats on the G'child. Mine left at 6 PM. Nice to see him come and nice to see him go. 11 months and runs everywhere to get into everything. GPa has broke him from climbing steps. Also listens to me pretty well [his Mom doesn't like me correcting him, but works]. Smart kid. When he gets a little older he will be OK.
Jim A, happy B'day to wife.
Cleaned yard, mowed grass, tilled in garden and sowed deer food patches in the pond lease area. That was after babysitting this AM. Tired. Reclinerized as soon as I finished dinner. Now to bed. Later

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 52 degrees here this morning under a partly cloudy sky. The high today is expected to reach 75 with sunny skies.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/22/2008

Wind Chill: 51°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 47°F

So Far Today
High: 56°F
Low: 51°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 75 Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Northeast winds up to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

P1010008-13.jpg

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
easter12.gif

We have 6" of new snow on the ground and more is on the way!

Boy I sure am glad that spring has come. :thumb:

easter2.gif

DSCF0786(1)s.JPG

Good Morning...........
It is cold and clear. 28 degrees. Going up to 37 today with snow on the way.
We are staying home today. No driving up north in the snow. Wife is unhappy, but it's better this way. We will have Easter here and enjoy it.
Maybe trains today. I hope so.
Time for breakfast in the Dining car.
Everyone have a nice day.
Chuck

cnw1995

Morning all. Couldn't log on from IE 6 for the past day or so. I get a script error and everything freezes - well, it seems to like FireFox. Let's see if I can catch up. Brutus, hope your bride had a nice day even though it was cut short. Don, great to hear from you - I was worried you were ill. It's going around - my bride is still battling something - now going on three weeks. It's encouraging to hear Brutus' bride finally beat her illness. Marcie, v. nice layout. I posted my comments on the thread - worried about your access to the corners even with the hatch given Murphy's law. Laz, boy, there's alot ofsnow on the ground - the plow just came by a few moments ago and ruined my work. LOL. This is heart-attack snow - I'm trying to use the snow-thrower. MOre than a few confused robins around - are they an all-weather bird? I wonder where they've been. Dennis, had a good service last night - lots of little rooms with different experiences. Neat to see it through the youngest's eyes. Tom, Nobody has better holiday cars than you! Chuck, may I join you in the dining car this morn? Kurt, how did you hitch up the dog? Almost forgot, congrats Krawler. Try Thomas in a slightly larger size ;)

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Plow, what plow? Snow??? Plow is going to go through my back yard in my garden. Bottomplow that is. Sunny and warm here. Have to go to MIL's this afternoon and bar-be-que chickens for big family meal. She now does Easter meal on Sat instead of me missing chruch and having to cook on Easter. About 25 folks show up. Later.

cnw1995

Mmmm, I'm would love to crash that party ...BBQ for breakfast - Nice to hear a plow being used for something other than snow!

Sir James, how are the windows? Hope the caulk smell is gone ... or you're just used to it.

L

laz57

Hi GIZ,
Got about 2.5 inches here and more is to come. But temp to go up to 40 so will not stick around.
DOUG, remember small shovel loads. Watch the back lift with the legs. I hate when the plows shove all that snow back into the driveway, got to start all over again.
Going to wire up some lite today and do some scenery work.
B GOOD or B GONE,
laz57

Congratulations Krawler...You are going to have fun.

Brutus....Whenever it rains it seems that the whole state of Missouri is underwater. Do you guys go out and find the lowest wettest place in the county and then say, "Yep, this is a perfect location for my new home, but I wished it was a little lower, so I can have a flood run through my house." :confused:

Working on bridge piers and abutments using a paint from RustOleum named "stone". Looks decent so far. A black wash should bring out the joints in the stone. I built the piers/abutment about an inch higher than required and then will use the miter saw to set the correct height.

47b8dd03b3127cceb71fde87b86100000027108ZYtnLVxY

I was on ERR web page and noticed that they are not selling the TMCC upgrade for Lionel PE and Docksider.
icon_smile_perplexed.gif
I had heard that Lionel had changed the electronics in the newer PE, but were there changes to the Docksider, too?

TAS still has their Docksider upgrade and I swear the description is the same as ERR used to sell. Did TAS buy certain parts of ERR?

I sent an email to ERR and have not heard anything back, which is odd. Usually I get a response in less than 24 hours.

dbaker48

Good Day All ! Still not a 100% but coming around. Train therapy helped last night! Need more today. Weather here is suppose to be record setting this weekend, up to the 90's, crazy.

Roy and Doug, as the kids get old it doesn't get a whole lot easier. Chris (19 in May) and his girlfriend (19 today), and her 14 yr old brother, are planning a "road trip" to Oregon this summer to visit an Uncle of her's. Needless to say "Mom" is not to excited about this. Apparently the Uncle has already approved, and the gf's mother feels her kids will be a lot safer if Chris goes! wall1 It means 3 kids in a motel room for atleast 3 nights, then don't know what the accomodations are at the Uncles. I don't know, decisions, decisions. Probably the best think is just to try counseling before, and a lot of prayer. Saying no, just will cause discension, and withdrawal. And as its been said many times before, you try and teach the best you can, but they must decide what's right on their own. :confused:

Going to have a quiet Easter here, church, then brunch here at home. May get to spend time in the train room, here its been 4 days at home and only about 3 hours with the trains.

Hope everyone does OK with all the snow and flooding. I am surprised with all the snow at this late in the season. Snow at Easter???

Got the CTT yesterday, some really great pictures. Tom your's is fantastic !!!

Happy Easter All !!!

cnw1995

Don, how are they going to rent a room if they're under 21? That might stop 'em. Got nice and sunny and warm (40s) now. Kurt, you are so right about shoveling - though just pushing this stuff hurts.

Noticed a police cruiser outside the neighbors last night. This morning she told me she had came out to their garage - which for some reason they always keep open - and surprised some teens emptying their fridge. Scared them all I guess.

Took the youngest to our favorite sledding hill after shoveling. We had a blast - it was just the two of us - no one else on this huge hill - of course, it being 930 on a Saturday morning probably had something to do with it. Nothing finer than experiencing something like sledding through the eyes of a bundled-up 5 yr. old. Now to vacuum.

dbaker48

Sure envy sledding with a 5 yr old, sounds like tremendous fun! Forget the aches and pain, that will go away. BTW, unfortunately you can rent motel rooms at 18, I called a few and asked. They are really good kids, but temptation will get to anyone.

It's getting warm here, way to hot for Easter. Went out and mowed the hard, really looked bad. But I think that took all my energy. So think will do some reading. Great day to all!!

Sure hope everyone is feeling well for Easter, all the wives and kids.

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Just got done wiring abot 12 lites on the layout. Had them laying around and figured why not put them in. Almost done with my new building, wife helped me with graphics on the computer. When done will have some picks.
DOUG, cool to go sledding. We use to do it in college days with cafeteria trays sliding down the hills great fun and at the end the cafeteria would collect the trays from all the dorms. No harm no foul.
DON, glad to hear your doing well.
Later, laz57

Status
Not open for further replies.