Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning.............
It is a cloudy 34 degrees. Going up to 46, today, with cloudy skies. We don't need any more rain.
Today is a busy day. Wife is going shopping with her Niece and I will be doing a few chores around the house. Peace and quiet. No train time, though.
Dining car is here and it's time for breakfast.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Morning!

Been searching for tickets for family events...some rock news.

Van Halen, is touring with David Lee Roth as the front man again...
.remember these guys? I thought they were old when I saw them 20-years ago!

Kurt

I saw them - really great show! They do look older ) Really neat thing is Eddie (and Valerie Bertinelli's) son Wolfgang plays bass.. Great at it too!!!

Nov 17, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
tom sorry to hear of your lost .
I went thur a deal like that about 6 years ago but it was times 2 lost one in june and another in october both where in there early 40's at the time.

Hey all not alot going on today took most of my trains down yesterday and packed them getting ready to hopefully sell this place so I can move to Columbia, SC Only sell if I get the job but I'm getting pretty confindent I have the possition .

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
Good Morning from the Heartlands :wave:

It looks like a gray day on tap as the sun isn't shining through, we've had a wonderful week of weather, really does lift the spirits.

Tom--sorry about your loss. Death can be a blessing but not at that age. For me the hardest thing I have ever done in my life is go to my students funerals or experience miscarriages. Never easy.

We hope to run trains today and do lots of general cleaning in the train room, it's ready :cry: There's a HUGE camping and RV show in the area this weekend, enclosed area, so tempting.......... but then again diesel is $3.89 here. I did buy gas for $3.01 on Tuesday, I can hardly wait for Memorial Day weekend to arrive to see what fuel will be.

Make it a great day.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good Morning
Sun is shining at 36 degrees,for this area we will take it. I think the warmest march day was 81,so it can happen.
Reg. gas is $3.25 to $3.39 right now,by summer who knows. I'm thinking maybe I should take my hardly used boat and just let it sink into the lake. But then the coast guard would give me a pollution ticket. Guess I'll keep it for now but my not use it. Retires will understand what I'm talking about when it comes to price increases. Enjoy your weekend,,,S.J. :mrgreen:

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Morning all. Went to all-you-can-eat fish fry last evening and today I regret over-eating. I know Roy's spring break has begun ;) - When is break for the rest of you who have kids around? Ours doesn't begin for another week - next Friday. I still can't believe it's Easter then. Still sunny here but colder. Boy, seeing the sun sure makes a difference. Hope to get my 15 minutes on the layout later. Tom, I hope you're doing better today.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
I'll be taking my car to the local repair shop Monday morning. I was planning on just having the master cylinder rebuilt. When my father learned of this he said "Heck no you're not getting it rebuilt. Have them replace it altogether. If you get it rebuilt, you'll never be able to trust it.". I told him "Yeah, right! How am I supposed to be able to pay for a new one. I don't have bunches of money". What he said next absolutely surprised me. He'll pay for the parts and labor. All I have to do is cut his grass one or two times every couple of weeks until I get him paid back, $20 a cut. I didn't argue. Until the car is repaired I'm using his truck to get around.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Sounds like a good deal, Jeffrey, and also nice picture today. Need to make a couple calls and have folks coming over later, so TTFN -- I'll probably post again later...

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
Jeffrey--that's a win win for both of you. The last 3 years my Dad was alive I spent great amounts of vacation time at the lake helping to take care of things on the house and the outside property, I don't regret it one bit. They lived there year round and simply couldn't keep up.

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Do you know how I might find what cars belonged to the train sets led by a 2-4-2 Grand Trunk Western #8042 and another led by a blue/yellow Santa Fe FA #8351?

I have been 'train-sitting' them for my brothers over the years and would like to reconstruct the set cars as a gift for them

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Evening. Slow day at the store. Still sold chargers. Raining hard. Bad storms around. Watching a movie on AMC about carier duty during Korean War. Buddy of mine was a pilot on that carrier when the movie was filmed. Frankie called and Freight Trains is on History Channel. later

Nov 17, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
Okay first come first serve following items free just pay shipping

MAR TOY TRANSFORMER CAT. 1239

K-Line Hobby Transformer 20 VA. Max 17 VAC open circuit output

2 Lionel 2 piece transformers from the90's (sorry don't know model #)

Type 4150 Blue Transformer

type 4250 lionel little black transformer with direction control

Type 4044 Little black transformer by lionel

Aurora Slot car dc transformer

2 sets of tressels missing (I think) 3 pieces between them you can make a complete set out of them but one is brown and the other is grey.

Take all or what you want just pay for exact shipping

I hope this is alowed here.

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
It's been a pretty good day on this end. Friend and his wife left this morning. It was great to have them over. Went out for Grouper with fried cheese grits last night, and this morning, my bride made us all Biscuits and sausage gravy.

We had some bad winds this moring while I was with kids at Chinese art and language lessons. Came home and we lost only one tree in the back yard. About a 60 foot tree, so I guess I will be using the chainsaw this week.

Dog has been great! He is such a lovable thing. Just need to keep an eye out for him trying to make a chew toy out of the kids toys.

Watching a Trains episode on the Milwalkee Rd #261. Right now they are hooked up to a long coal drag. Pretty impressive. She is stalled and slipping, but it is still a sight.

Chief, good luck with the sale of those chargers. Tough market these days. Seems a lot of folks are cutting back on their pleasure spending.

Well, we have a long day of it tomorrow. Our church has a "Generations Project" in which we have been developing a sports park for the city residents. It currently is utilized by 80% non church people, but we do require ethical treatment and moral behavior there. It has a fishing pond, equestrian riding center, 10 soccer fields, a bunch of baseball fields, tennis courts, etc. all for free use. The church bought the land and horse farm and have developed it using member directed funds and also with royalties from the first movies. After morning services, we all head out there for a good ol' fashioned southern picnic.

I hope everyone has a blessed week ahead. We will be praying for you Tom, and for the family of your friend.

God Bless,
Dennis

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
That was a good conversation Chief, thanks :thumb: It's been a really good day here, spent some QUALITY time at the train store and Sharyl picked up lots of Artista figures as we want to get rid of the D56 giant people. Also making good cleaning progress on the layout, how can dust accumulate like that in the basement?

Seems like our spring tease is over, it's 35 here right now :curse: Little league tryouts are going on here now, today's weather reminds of years past sitting on the bleachers and thinking "why"? And the answer was, for the kids. Sometimes I wish we could rewind the clocks just for a day or two, excellent memories for the most part.

Don B., please send us some west coast weather :wave:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
:mrgreen: Howdy,not an eventful day. Did a little train room cleaning which of course means trains were running while I toiled. I have a double loop around the basement walls, so I can just let them run and watch them go by. Talked with Brutus today,always a pleasant experience. So trains TV and PS2 golf made up my day. Have a great sunday,,,,S.J.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good evening folks

What a wild and long day. I just got on the computer here at 10:45 PM. My daughter started the morning with a travel team softball practice. Then we had to go shoe shopping for her Easter dress. Next she had softball practice for her Little League team. While she was there I took care of the leaves that had accumulated under the bushes in the front yard. Then my son had his basketball playoff game. They won the championship for their level 29 to 28 on a foul shout in the last 20 seconds. We then went out to dinner to celebrate.

As you can tell no modeling today.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I am still in shock. Today the obituary was in the paper. Tomorrow night will be the viewing.

Brutus, He had two sons. His oldest son is a freshman in college. It was at his high school graduation party that I saw my friend the last time. We had spoken over the phone several times since then and emailed one another. His youngest is a junior in high school. He had been married for close to twenty years.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Tom, I'm very sorry for your loss, what a shame. :( It's a blessing that his sons were older and got to know him as young men though. A reminder to love our families while we can....

Cleaned up after company left - watched a vampire movie with my buddy Dave while wives and kids did the bunny thing at the mall, then made an emergency run to help out after my daughter got car sick. At last, we played a round of Phase 10 (card game) and broke up about midnight here CST. Had a very nice talk with Sir James again and sorry it was cut short! So much going on - I intended to call 3 other friends and only left a message for one before our company showed up. I think this medicine is screwing up my time sense? How weird, it's just an anti-inflammatory medicine. Well, it is late, so I'll see you guys tomorrow - TTFN

Status
Not open for further replies.