Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Thanks for the good wishes, Brutus and Kurt. Brutus, I hope you can continue to rest your foot. I'll be right over for a piece of that pie. I didn't do such a bad job at managing dinner tonight. Buckeye, can it be Friday now? I get paid on a Friday and need the money after so many pharmaceutical visits... I felt old visiting the high school today - the guidance counselor who signed my boy up for classes was about half-my age.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
The stars of this video clip are the two Athearn F units I've had a problem with (see the 'Minor DCC problem' thread in the HO board). The third loco is a dummy. The two black locos you'll on the other line are P2K E units running on Bachmann decoders. Now even though the two locos you're about to get a close look at are Athearn BB units you won't hear any Athearn growl. They have been re engineered so that they run very quietly and draw very little power.

YouTube - Some layout action

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Have you had a look at the CP/m programming language? I used to use it quite a bit back when I was still using my IIe (which I still have and still works). With it I could write out programs in a Basic Compiler then use an ASM compiler to rewrite them to COM and EXE files.

Not sure if I have heard of that one before, I remember machine code(not sure the real name)with stuff like peek and poke and bubble sort?:confused: I used to know the command that lists a basic program to a monitor in black so no one could look at your code the work around was to have it list to the printer:mrgreen: Other than basic in TI-994a, apple and ms-basic C and C++ are the only ones I have played around with.

Brutus, found 2 more basic books one is for apple and the other by radio shack and has just about all the electronic formulas needed to calculate values in just about any circuit you come up with being it is mostly math functions it might be a better choice to convert to C than a game:mrgreen: at this point anyway. And by the way my Apple IIc still works but need to find an old color apple monitor as the green screen is kinda boring but cool looking when the lights are outsign1

Jeffery cool pics by the way:cool:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Brutus- I'll have at least one scoop of everything.Glad your feeling better.
Good Evening All, please excuse me as I needed to get my order to Brutus before I missed out. We had a temp of 51 today, which melted more snow at last I can see part of the grass again. No trains ran here today as we did some errands and got more ice cream. I'm not complaining but feeding these forum guys you need to keep the freezer full.often. Today Fri the 13th,
came on thursday this month,I hope all went well for everyone.
Good nite,,,,,S.J. :thumb:

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Back now in Brampton. Drove from Hagerstown after I winterized the RV this morning. Now I have my library and won't be using IIRC so much.
Only managed one bowl of grits on the trip; are they only served for breakfast?
Snow apparently has melted a bit -- only 4-5 feet high.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Chief, Maybe all the other mayors have day jobs. :lol:

Not the problem. Raleigh's AH Mayor does it. He has been "called down" for it. If you don't show, you look bad as he calls the news media. Trying to get all the others to band together not show. We have three out of 11 who are his "suck buddies". Probably made USA Today. Got called by their reporter. Called him a Dictator. A County Commissioner just called him the same. Think a big fight is on. Its lead by the Chair of the Wake County Mayors' Assoc. and me [we are buddies]. Majority of the others are following us. Off to bed. Did not get to disk garden today. Phone rang all day about Town business. Did get two bushels of turnips up before disking tomorrow AM. Got some tomato plants 2 1/2 feet tall. Just getting other seeds started and some more tomatos too. Off to bed. Hope all get over ailments. Did I tell that I have the virus that causes Mono. Dr. said I got it 8 to 12 weeks ago. Told her there must be an epidemic of the ladies at Cabela's in ID. :eek: She laughed. No respect. wall1 God bless.

PS: 60103, glad to see you eat those grits. As for breakfast only, NO. Shrimp and Grits have become popular for dinner too.

Krawler

Mar 14, 2007
Chief, still say the kids are still hiding in your back pocket. *LOL* Blame the ankle biters*L*

Krawler

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
TGIF, BUCKEYE!!! AND ALL YUZ GIZ!!!
33 and nice here today.
CHIEF, going to pick up your package today. Let you know tonite.
JIM BRUTUS, as TOBY KIETH would sing, " I AIN'T AS GOOD AS I ONCE WAS". Heal well my friend.
TRAINS tonite and GUN SHOW tomorrow. Also at the FARM SHOW EXPO where the GUN SHOW is they are having a MONSTER TRUCK EXTRAVIGANZA. So hope to see BIG FOOT THERE?
B GOOD or B GONE,
laz57

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning............
It is a clear 41 degrees. Going up to 56 today, with a chance of rain later.
Buckeye...TGIF
Today is a less busy day. I plan on running a few errands and then relaxing in the train room, running trains. Need to relax.
Gas prices are rising towards 4 bucks a gallon.
Time for breakfast in the Dining car.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's a nice 67 degrees here this morning under cloudy skies. Expecting a high of 81 under partly cloudy skies.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/14/2008

Wind Chill: 67°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 65°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 64°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 17mph SW

Today High: 85 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 62 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

P1010022-1.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Morning all. Tractor time as soon as I get breakfast done. Then get ready to dress up for Town Business and then the Big Mayors' meeting. Then drive I 85 to Charlotte in 5 PM traffic and ACC Tourney [in Charlotte this year] traffic. wall1 Will be at Bass Pro Shops till Sunday PM. Will miss Grandson's visit. He is coming to the Roseyville Easter Egg hunt. More popular than the White House Egg Hunt. :thumb: Traffic will be horrible. Probably backed up through all three of our traffic signals. :cry: If he is still here Sunday, may cut and come home early to see him. G'Mom got him a big stuffed rooster from Tractor Supply yesterday PM. Breakfast time.

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Morning!
Chief: All the women in IA Cabella's and you?...:rolleyes: Hope you get rid of that bug.

Jeffrey: Decapod 007 ...10-007...out of service? No that can't be right...Great photo today!

Doug: Prayers for your survival! I'll pick you up for a break on the way to Key Lime Pie...er..I mean to see my good friend Brutus!

We had to change our insurance AGAIN this year...BC&BS bought the company we changed to this year...lower monthly, but pay for everything...we put what we would have normally spent on the coverage into pre-tax med reimbursement account...now we're not sure we'll spend it. It's a big game. Make sure you read, and become familiar with your policy before you pay anyone. Pharmacy wanted to charge us for script meds that were covered...Until I asked specifically. At least the insurance gets us better prices on the non-covered visits.

Kurt

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Good morning all. Hope everyone is having a good day. Dog made it through the night with no incidents, at least no bad ones:thumb: He did comfort our daughter when she cried out, he jumped on her bed and put his nose up to her and wagged his tail. Was cute to watch.

Have a good friend coming down tonight with his wife. We are heading out to dinner where we can get grouper with fried grits:mrgreen: Been awhile since we caught up so, it should be fun.

I better get going as have to head into work. Have to drop of finished taxes at post office so we can get our $. I wish I could say it was going to go to the train fund, but I think SWMBO has other plans. She has let me have a lot of things even when I was on train restriction, so I can't complain. Besides, we have schools for both kids to pay for next year.

Hope y'all have a great weekend. Chief, don't worry about Mayor AH, he probably has a few other things on his plate and I am sure he will let his guard down, just keep your integrity.

God Bless,
dennis

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Kurt, dame with me. State Health Plan run by BCBS. Would not let me have my meds. Had to email State Health Plan with CC to my Legislature member. Things got to jumping. Got meds and BCBS got chewed. Went for CT and had to pay $300 copay and a percentage which equaled $650 total. Big surprise as all other radiology is free. BCBS NC has outstanding profits on the backs of us policy holders.

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Good morning all. Pie and company was always welcome. Spent just 15 minutes running the trains last night when everyone was abed and it was great. Lifted my spirits. It was almost as if Friday came early. I highly recommend taking just a few moments if you can. Found a nice Internet radio station playing big band music. All the better to work to.

Kurt, since my wife is a nurse and has seen how people are triaged according to their insurance in the real world, we cling tenaciously to BCBS but it sure is confusing.

Had a nice reminder in a devotional today, amidst all the bad news, to not focus on things of this world. :thumb:

dbaker48

Jul 4, 2006
Cerritos, Ca.
One busy weekend planned, working two shows on Saturday, one on Sunday. Brother from Sacramento is down for the weekend, will have dinner with he and his wife this evening.

Going to proceed with getting a group of guys together at our train club to simulate RR operations, have about 8 or 10 guys that want to try. And of course so far everyone wants to work the switch yard. So will see. Was looking at the web on information available, and there is a LOT. So will see what we can do. I'm looking forward to it.

Been doing maintenance on all the rolling stock and engines. Making real progress with that. The little labels that I made to track maintenance occurances is helpful. It's surprising how long you can let stuff go and not realize it. Some items I picked up at York last year, havn't been oiled since I brought them home. And I know I have stuff that is much longer.

Hope your wife gets to feeling better soon, Doug. That can be some nasty stuff!

Of course the news is about the release of DCS's 4.0, Don't think I will be in too big of hurry to download that. Lat the other guys find out more about it, right now I have everything running fine, (except for the occassional identity issue). Speaking of s/w, Jeffrey I too remember old CPM, thought it was rather significant at the time. When I was in schoold we had to write some Fortran programs, man was that a nussance.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Later

hickstmj

Marcie
Jan 28, 2008
Florida Panhandle
Hi Everyone,
I ordered some N scale track off ebay yesterday (I have an N scale train I picked up from a garage sale years ago) just so I can run a train & practice my soldering until I get the room cleaned out for my HO. I can't wait till it gets here.

60103 - grits are good with any meal

Jeff - nice picture as always

Chief - hope you don't come down with mono, that stuff is really nasty to you

Wish everyone a nice weekend. We are supposed to hit 80 on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.