Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Man, Jeffrey - you are taking me way back. I had the Merlin compiler for Apple IIe. I had Appleworks (remember that) and upgraded by Beagle Brothers to use the full memory when I added more RAM.... That was a good computer, I'll bet if I still had it mine would run too. I also had a TI994a, that was my first computer and could store programs on a tape recorder.

Well, logged back on computer just so I could send some pics to a friend - forgot earlier (x 2 days, d'oh).

dbaker48

Jul 4, 2006
Cerritos, Ca.
Evening all ! Update on my engine identity issue. Plugged in the battery charger and let it set overnight. This morning tried deleting the engine and readding it. IT MAGICALLY TRANSFORMED OVERNIGHT !!! The engine has lost its Trolley identity, and now believes its a Mainline Diesel again. (Sounds like a story from Thomas.)

I have been thinking about our Train club, and pretty much we all gather and run trains around 1 big circle, good companionship, but does get boring. So I sent out an email about setting up an Operations Night, where we would try to simulate prototypical operations. Boy did I get a
positive response! So we will see how that works.

Hope the job situation works out for you RT! And, everyone enjoys good health. So.... Have a great day !!

Going to go check out my Diesel

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Morning!
Brutus: Prayers for your foot (tendon) to heal quickly. Since you're home, and I'm home...I'll stop by and get Sir James! I'll bring the 3yo, and 1yo to occupy your son, and we can all run some trains!

Don: You think we have problems...No comparison to a schizophrenic engine...
Sounds like something out of a PG13 Thomas episode. :eek::eek: :mrgreen:
I was wondering when Mike would put out the Dr. Jeckel Loco!

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Chief hope for great results and good health. As to copays, mine last year was over $13,000.00. And we were not really sick. Sleep study and all, I got slammed. Mostly due to a change in insurance at the hospital. I am working on getting better coverage.

I really like this engine, I can't wait to get her running rails. The guy was great in that he sent it out right away, even though I paid with a check. I would certainly have understood if he had waited till it cleared. Can't trust folks these days.

Gotta run as patient just rolled into the room. Take care. BTW, Don, When you mentioned your diesle acting like a trolley, I had images in my mind of a mainline diesle going down the streets of San Fran.

God Bless,
Dennis

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
26 here this morning going to 50 today.
Almost time for spring training in GOLF? Maybe next week?
RT Good news on job, good luck.
BRUTUS, prayers for you and your foot. Take it easy, its going to drive you nuts? We just don't heal like we use to.
CHIEF hope all is well with you and your physical.
DON, diesel a trolly and now back again to being a diesel? Sounds like MTH is into some new technology? Now if they can just get a sound system for there engines?
HAPPY FRIDAY EVE!
B GOOD OR B GONE,
laz57

Oct 2, 2005
S.E Ohio
Good Morning.............
It's a clear 34 degrees. Going up to 58 today with some sunshine and maybe rain, later. Yesterday was a beautiful day.
Today is a less busy day. I have a few chores to do and then I will spend some time running trains. Need to do a little lub maint. on a few cars.
Dining car is here and it's time for breakfast.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's currently 48 degrees under partly cloudy skies. As with all things that's guaranteed to change and not necessarily for the better, We're expecting a high of 74 this afternoon with partly cloudy cloudy skies and a 40% chance of getting wet tonight.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/13/2008

Wind Chill: 48°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 46°F

So Far Today
High: 51°F
Low: 48°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 75
Mostly sunny. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds up to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 60 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Warmer. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds in the evening. Lows around 60. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

P1010006-26.jpg

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
Spring has arrived in the heartlands, it was 61 yesterday and simply FANTASTIC:yep: I was outside a good share of the day picking up limbs and sticks and detailed one more filthy car, I was even able to open a few windows and BBQ last night. Sure slept well.

The train room will soon be neglected if this weather continues. However, my best buddy, our Granddaughter, will be here in a few more weeks for two nights so that means more train time :thumb:

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. Finally got reports for last week done. No Dr's or Town today. Probably do garden [disk and plow].
Don B, only in CA can a train engine have a "sex" change. :eek:
Wish I could find the train room. Want to run some, do some scenery and upgrade some engines.
Off to Charlotte tomorrow. They wanted me to go this PM but got big Mayors' Meeting [all of them for County] at 4 PM tomorrow [who has ever heard of such?? wall1:curse:]. Later

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 27 F this morning according to the van thermometer. High today will be 52 F. It looks like we have a chance of showers moving in for the next few days.

I am trying to get some things done in the office this morning. I need to go look at project. One of our not so trustworthy designers worked on it and I can’t make heads or tails of the thing. I am hoping a field view will clear up some of the issues.

No modeling again last night. We had Cub Scouts Den Meetings. Does not look like tonight either as I have Cub Scout training.

I hope everybody has a good day.

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Morning all. Hope everyone has a good day. Supposed to be in the 50s today! Looking forward to getting some Iowa weather from Jon. I'm taking the boy over in a few hours to sign him up for high school. He's excited. The bride isn't feeling well; I think she has some sort of deeper flu if that makes sense. Hope to talk her into visiting the doc. . . Sounds like a great engine, Dennis. I saw that Flywheel movie years ago. It was great! Don, too bad the big engine gae up being a trolley - though I'm happy it's back to normal. I think trying out an operations night is a great idea. Glad Brutus and the Chief seem to be ok medically.

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
Doug--good Iowa weather is on the way east and today looks acceptable also, fortunately we have no flooding and I'm amazed as our sub soil moisture/tanks are full. Most of our snow is gone and perhaps some rain tomorrow, that would be nice to get the salt and sand off the streets and highways.

Chief--who's in charge of scheduling meetings, good grief. The only way I would go to a 4:00 PM meeting would be at a place that serves adult beverages and it better be happy hour aussie Just think of how much work you could get done stooges8

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good morning all,

Don, it sounds like I better get some of my PS2 engines off the shelf and charge them up. No telling what they may turn into! :rolleyes: Guess who will get elected to set up the operations night? wall1

Chief, Maybe all the other mayors have day jobs. :lol:

Jon, Hope that weather moves this far East. Sounds great. We did have a mild winter so far, never ran my snow blower this year.

Guy is here now installing new drapery rods and draperies in the bedroom, I couldn't see anything wrong with the old ones, just money :wave: :wave: :wave:.

Very sad accident on Rt 30 Early yesterday morning. A young gal entered the off ramp going the wrong way and wiped out 3 young guys going to a night job. She walked away. She is now under arrest on multiple charges including DUI.

Good health to all.

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Doug: Better get her to see the Doc. Take care of that Misses!

Trains boxed...looks empty here.
icon9.gif
Drawing out track plan for control panel, and trying to decide if it should be actual or schematic.

50+ degrees here today.

Kurt

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Good evening everyone! Sad news about that drunk driver. I had a case years ago where a drunk driver went the wrong way on a highway and hit a 18 year old girl head on. He walked away and after many hours of surgery, the girl died.:sad:

Jon, I heard today that some fire departments in Iowa where ethanol is produced and areas where it is transported through have no idea how to fight such a fire. They just hope it doesn't happen.

On a good note, we got our new dog today. He is a real good dog. He looks just like our Rott/lab mix female that we had to put down last April, but he is about half the size/weight. He is a year old, so I hope he doesn't grow much bigger.

Just finished going over 5 year old's homework. He is doing well. Daughter is at ballet, but when she returns, they will both work on Chinese language lessons.

Chief, hopefully your 4wheeler issues are over. As you say, a few spoil it for so many. Hard to control someone on a machine that is meant to go about anywhere.

Hope everyone has a great night.
God Bless,
Dennis

I was just sitting here reading the nightly news about that big shot governor from New York, and my thoughts turned to Roseyville. Wouldn't it be a good idea to let the federal agents know about all the money going in and out of that town stashed inside those boat chargers. :mrgreen:

After three consecutive night meetings, I can't wait to hear LAZ declare it TGIF. Hurry up, will you!!!!

Dennis...New dog? Please keep us posted.

Chuck....Do you want to go four wheeling in Roseyville this weekend? I know a place that we can really irritate the neighbors.

Jon...Iowa spring has moved to beautiful Ohio.

There was panic at Roger's Corners last night, the cat could not be found by Mrs. Buckeye when she came home. She looked upstairs, downstairs and in the basement. She looked under deck. She walked around the block looking for the car. Whe she arrived back home, she walked into the house and there on the stairs, sat the cat. She swears the cat was :mrgreen:.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Ha, funny story Buckeye! Cat's are minions of SATAN you know! It's true. And, they will steal your breath while you are asleep. Chewy told me all about it. I'm doing fine on these Naprosyn and made a real effort to not walk around a lot at work and stay off my feet. No pain at all right now, so I'm all good! Laz, you are too right, but it's not the years, it's the mileage ;)

Sorry to hear about that accident, John. What a shame and so many lives ruined.

Glad to hear about your new pooch, Dennis. I'll bet she is a big sweetie, too!

Doug, sorry to hear about Kelly, make sure she takes it easy and takes all her medicine. Also, glad you liked the book!

Kurt, you and Sir James and Doug are more than welcome, so come on over. We have key lime pie, strawberry shortcake and icecream with chunks of cookie dough (all weighwatchers, John!) and plenty for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.