Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It is 41 F on it way to 53 F and it is raining. The weather mis-forecasters said nothing about rain last night so where did it come from?

I am going into work late this morning. I have to take my daughter to school. She is fighting a cold and with the rain we don’t want her walking a mile to school. Her school has been hit hard with strep throat this month. Something like 1/3 of her team has been or is out with it.

No modeling last night. We went to Cub Scout Round-table. Tonight we have Cub Scout Den meetings.

Chief, good luck with the CT.

I hope everybody has a good day.

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
37 and nice here today going up to 50.
Worked alittle on layout last nite, about 20 minutes, did alittle scene for fishing season.
DON, seems like one of DOUG MURPHYs ghosts are around? HUGGY BOGGY!
CHIEF, just a little NARTHERN hospitality.
B good or B gone,
laz57

Good Morning............
It is a cloudy 36 degrees. Going up to 42 today, with maybe some sunshine.
Today is another busy day. I have to drive into Cambridge for the groceries. Gas is going back up. And that will bring up food prices too. Yuk.
Ran the trains yesterday. It was fun.
Good luck today, Chief.
Time for breakfast. Dining car is here.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Hopefully there will be something for me to do at the shop today. A vital shipment of screws didn't come in yesterday so there was nothing anybody could do. Can't put corner braces on ammo boxes without screws and the deadline gets tighter with every passing day. As I told the boss, without those screws, we're screwed.

It's 42 degrees under clear skies, expecting a high of 75 under partly cloudy skies.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/12/2008

Wind Chill: 42°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 39°F

So Far Today
High: 46°F
Low: 42°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 75 Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. Light and variable winds.

P1010009-12.jpg

CSXect

XNA - never heard of it before? Is it like C or something? Congrats on the weight loss, you are inspiring me to try myself!

XNA is a platform for developing windows and XBOX games using visual C# I am still playing around with c and c++. It may be beyond my current skills but is cool reading about this stuff. The book on xna is microsoft XNA game studio creaters guide.:cool:

Brutus

Nice pic, Jeffrey, hope you get your screws soon! Jon, I knew it, just teasing back! When some kids stole our mailboxes up and down the street, I started to make plans for a little surprise the next time, but my wife talked me out of it. CSX - sounds intersting and I can't wait to hear about it as you go - is it object oriented?

Doc says I have to take Naprosyn twice a day and stay off my feet for 3 weeks, just sit at home or at desk at work. Man, I should have gone in a month ago. Now the weather will be getting nicer and I have lots of plans around the house, but no luck I guess - at least for a while. I can put a chair by the trains, though!

Be back later, told my son I'd play some video games for a little while today.

CSXect

Jeffery and Brutus I use 2 differnt C compilers an very old version of Power C by Mix software and The Freebie version of Digital mars C/C++ compilers, I am no way a program wiz but I like learning new things:mrgreen:

Some were one of the libray books mentioned object oriented which I know not a lot about yet:confused: lots of 3d rendering and stuff like collision dectection between objects. From simple print statements to a game is a heck of a leap for me but it is a pipe dream to come up with a simple game just so i can say I did it.sign1 I used to do basic way back when Ti-994a and apple IIe and IIc were in style for the techno geeks. What other languages are out there now??? My education was electronics and technical management I picked up what skills computer wise I have from playing at home and the odd occasions at work where i had to build pc's for industrail apps basicly loading drivers and propriatery software.

Now if I can figure out how to tie in computers and trains that whould be cool but why reinvent the wheel when we have DCS and TMCC already:mrgreen:

For those who have been keeping up with my post about the new job adventure heres todays progress. I did phone interview today and I guess all went well as I was asked to send in a fax with aproval to contact my references (Prior work) then it goes to there human resorces for processing and I will be contacted to go to some VA for a physical and once they get that back they will contact me with an offer for the job. I will be on a probational period for how long I don't know I've read 3 months and 6 months on some but don't remember seeing on this but interviewer siad it may be 3 months to 1 years not sure. year seems awlful long to me but not worried either way. what

I am wondering about is that I have to have a physical and I have a difibralator in me.
Now i start the wait and see first the refferances and then the wait to be told where to go for physical it may be here in knoxville area or johnson city or may have to goto SC for it.

Brutus

Good luck, RT - praying for you to get a good job!

Thx, CSX - it just slows me down mostly. It's just pain in the backs of the heels/ankles and I can walk through it normally, but I made it worse recently and I decided to get it taken care of before this Summer. I was fine until about last May, when I first hurt myself and it just hasn't gone away really since then. I'm too fat, which is part of the problem.

sir james

Howdy all,
Brutus- You think walking to my house added to your foot problems? hope the meds help.
We had youngest grandson today, he did good.almost three, grandma kept him busy,but that is what they are good at. much better than me. Its was sunny but cold, snow melting slow,still more snow than yard showing. Nothing new in the train room. Thats it,got it covered...S.J.

Brutus

Sir James - you know, I tried to put Chewy on my signature line here, but the pic is too big or something? Anyway, we'll have to drive over for a while instead of walking! Might pick up Doug and Kurt?

Oh, hey - Walmart had Facing the Giants with a cd sampler of music on sale in the Easter section of dvds for like $14! I picked it up, along with Tin Man (good tv miniseries based on the old Oz books/movie). I have seen FtG at specialty bookstores many times, but it was always $25 or more and that was a little steep for me, so this is a good deal!

dwiemer

Brutus, glad you got one. We have another movie that is actually the first one called "Flywheel". While it was a bit more rough around the edges, many like the message even more than "Facing the Giants". Anyway, I think they both came out well and they are movies the whole family can watch. When you watch FTG, the guy who does the "death crawl" is in the new movie as well.

Well, I had an emergency case this afternoon. Even though I was not on call, but you gotta do what needs to be done. Patient did fine, but we much rather have them on a scheduled basis.

When I got home tonight, there was a box waiting on me...with a beautiful Atlas GP35 "Savannah and Atlanta" livery.:thumb: Thanks Doug W. for the heads up. It is a wonderful looking engine. I think I may have to set some track on the carpet and try her out.

It is late and I have an early case. Hope everyone has a great night.
God Bless,
Dennis

Chief Eagles

Good night all. Busy day today. CT was expensive. $650 with copay and deductable. Only CT's are this way. All my others are free. I didn't even get kissed. :curse: Arms look like a junkie as had so many blood draws and IV's. OH, have the virus that causes Mono but do not heve Mono. Dr. says it is 12 ro 10 weeks old [how she knows???]. She thinks probably got it on the plane to or from ID. Worked in greenhouse and then went to lease. Strung cable around the area so Mr. 4 wheeler can't climb the hill and go around the main cable. Did throw a lure but no bites. Fed the waiting girls and came home. Spent some + time with wife [she gets left out with Town meetings and all]. Now to bed.

PS: Dennis I have one on NS. Great running and sounding engines.

Wheres chief tonight I know he said he had to go to Charlotte again but I thought that wasn't till thursday.

Hey all time for shut eye as the doc said talks to you all tomorrow

jefelectric

Spent the day at the museum today, missed the last three Wednesdays for variety of reasons, so nice to get back on schedule. Open to the public on April 5th, a Saturday.

Lost a fellow train guy this morning. He had been fighting cancer for quite some time and had been in remission, but it came back hard. I think he was 58, may be off a year or so, but still young.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Chief, All the best on your test results.

Time to hit the sack here,

jeffrey-wimberl

Jeffery and Brutus I use 2 differnt C compilers an very old version of Power C by Mix software and The Freebie version of Digital mars C/C++ compilers, I am no way a program wiz but I like learning new things:mrgreen:
Have you had a look at the CP/m programming language? I used to use it quite a bit back when I was still using my IIe (which I still have and still works). With it I could write out programs in a Basic Compiler then use an ASM compiler to rewrite them to COM and EXE files.

Status
Not open for further replies.