Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSXect

:wave: good afternoon everyone:mrgreen:

Not much train wise going on here at the moment, other than going out to CVS to pickup one of those digitalcamera/binoculars for $30. they are compact and comes with a usb cable to download images to pc. Will post some pics and review the item for those who might be interested:cool:

Want some warmer weather so I can clean out garage and start to build some bench work for layout.

L

laz57

CHIEF, I just got a call from BARRYs TRAIN SHOP about the CN SD40, he picked one up at his supplier and has it. I put it on hold so let me know if you want it or not. Cost is $344.
laz57

Chief Eagles

Evening all. LAZ, will email you about CN. Got to get dinner. Had County Comm. meeting and then some Town Hall things to do. Neighbor home and out on bond. His Ex tried to claim he hit her, pulled her out of the car and drug her across the highway at 8:30 AM. US 64!!!! Tons of cars going both ways. No wittnesses or reports. Judge let him stand his own bond. Waivered the 48 hours in jail required on domestic. Think Judge reads between the lines. Got to run. Later.

Jonadel

Sending GOOD weather east, I actually washed a car outside today with beautiful sun and no wind, that's a first for '08 :thumb:

Dennis--I enjoyed the trailer. It reminded me of the days when Sharyl and I were actively involved in Marriage Encounter as presenters. Good memories, thanks for link.

dbaker48

Glad everyone is doing well, given all the snow, generator problems and such. (John, recommend you put a small amount of oil ON the engines not bathing them in it.)

Anyway, everything has been fine here, (no boycott or anything). I have been doing a lot of work on our website data base, and have been more into playing with the trains when I have had free time, than talking about them on the computer.

I did finally got the Legacy up and running and been loading in some TMCC stuff and trying to learn the features and how the system works. Its "OK" but can't say its as much as I hoped for. I think I may have been expecting too much, or maybe just haven't uncovered everything yet.

I have all my track switches connected to the AIU units on DCS, and can operate them with the hand held remote, or via buttons on a control panel. So this still keeps me tied to the DCS system. I did pick up a cable that permits the Legacy and DCS system to run together. In a nutshell, this is what I find.
- With the DCS controller, I can run conventional, MTH PS2, TMCC, and Legacy engines, track switches, and accessories.
- With the Legacy, everything except the MTH PS2, track switches and accessories.
- SEEMS that MTH has more engine feature control. (Turning various lights On, Off, or Flashing, Engine sounds, and Idle Sounds, Crew Dialog, etc..)

NOT TRYING TO DISSUADE ANYONE OR BASH EITHER SYSTEM, JUST WHAT I HAVE OBSERVERD !! MAY CHANGE MY MIND IF I FIND MORE.

Had a tremendous week-end! Took the family to the Getty Museum in LA, it was awesome!!! Only cost was $8 per vehicle for parking. Food was inexpensive there as well, ample quantity, and even tasted good. Seeing the various art pieces that were anywhere from 150 to 800 years old was something!! Then we left there and drove out to Riverside (no fun there, 20 mph most of the way) to a Dinner/Theatre house. They had a murder mystery going on. Performance was excellent, food - eh. At the end everyone was suppose to fill out a "sleuth" card with their guess as to who was guilty. Being me, I of course had to go a different route and said it was the Piano player who was the accompanist for the performance. Said he was gyped out of the money to pay for his music lessons. So they did a summarized version of the entire play with that as a ending. And drug me out of the audience to play that part. More than I bargained for!! But the wife enjoyed it, and it was her birthday. So all is well!

Have a great evening all !!!! ---- Going to go play with the trains.

BTW - Only 80 here today :v8:

BTW - Only 80 here today :v8:

:winter1: It is 43 in Buckeyeland and we might sit out on the deck and drink some adult cold beverages due to the heat.

BTW, I have found that if I watch ICE ROAD TRUCKERS, I feel warm and cozy at 10 degrees. :canada1:

Not much train running. I have 12 proposals to review for work.

dwiemer

Good evening everyone. Hope all is well. We did it! Went to the pound and got a dog. We actually will get him on Thursday as the deal is, they deliver the dog to our vet who does a complete check-up, and then we get him from there. As me wife says, "A home needs a dog!". He's a mutt.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the movie. I can hardly wait till it is in theaters. It is quite an experience.

I had better go. Have to get the kids ready for the night. Homework for the 5 year old and reading for both. I hope to watch a few more videos on repairs. It is lots of inspiration.

Don, glad you got power on so quick. Looks like our friends across the pond have been taking it on the chin weather wise and many thousands without power. Hope they get back soon.

God Bless,
Dennis

Good Evening........

Don.....Good to hear from you. Sounds like you have done a ton of work. Have fun.

Buckeye...Are you running your outside trains in the snow ??

It warmed up today here too. Right now 44.

kpolak

Evening all!

Been planning wiring for the layout. Will do another once over on the order tomorrow to make sure I didn't forget anything...tired of paying for shipping. 022's controlled by momentary switches w/2-color LEDs on the control panel, also adding block switches w/LEDs, and push buttons for the UCSs.

Lionel Docksider arrived today. What a beauty! This is my first 'new' engine, everything else is PW. Didn't run it...I disconnected the track. I may need to rig something up for tomorrow. I'm quite impressed with the detail on this little engine. If it runs as good as it looks this is a great one!

Kurt

Brutus

Hi all, running late again today - dunno why? Took son to scouts before I got on computer and had a ton of emails including long ones from Texas and Florida, where things are apparently a lot nicer out than here? Actually, today we were maybe up to 60? Tomorrow and the next day are supposed to be nice too, but then snowing again on Saturday? Maybe be done with Winter by Easter, I hope...

Dennis, I saw your old movie at a book store the other day - hope this one is a big success too!

Talk to you all tomorrow I guess and btw, thanks for all the emails guys - lots of good jokes lately!

Chief Eagles

- SEEMS that MTH has more engine feature control. (Turning various lights On, Off, or Flashing, Engine sounds, and Idle Sounds, Crew Dialog, etc..)

OH no!!! Its like your wife telling you to pickup your shoes over and over. :cry: Wank Wank Wank!!! stooges8;-)

Well Shake and Bake, about time you posted. Just woke up from recliner duty. Ate late as got a lot of town calls on cell. Even while feeding deer. Did discover [like I thought I had seen tracks in the dark last night] that someone with a 4 wheeler had slipped by or under the back cable at the pond. Will put in another post if cable too slack and then wait him out. Wonder if I can shoot him with the .17 like I did the beaver? :eek: Sheriff Major said he shot a beaver in his pond this afternoon. Told him I might do the same for 4 wheeler. Said I would go to jail. wall1 So I guess not.
Is bad though that you can not stop kids [I'm sure] with signs and cable. Would not mind the riding if they would not destory things. Last year rode into pond up and down the bank and messed up bank. Pushed over signs. No running in the pond but did push over signs this time. Maybe if I catch him, he runs out into the pond. :eek: I make him jump in, run his 4 wheeler in and call for help. "I drove up and he got excited and ran in the pond." "Now he is trying to blame it on me." No wittnesses. :thumb: Would love to catch him. Then make him get off and listen to a little lecture. Then tell him he has to go fishing with me. Then take him fishing [with parents permission after telling them what he did]. Make a buddy.
Well, back to sleep. LAZ, email [sorry got tied up and then went to sleep]. Shake and Bake, chat tomorrow. God bless all.

dwiemer

Brutus, thanks, With the effort put into this one, I think you will be amazed at how much better the quality is. The message is the same, but the presentation is what we are working on.

Chief, had a friend with a similar problem, he took some fishing line staked at one side of path, cross the path at low level, so the 4wheeler would hit it. Then the other side was attached to a nail that went through a hole in a piece of 6foot PVC pipe. On top of the nail would be a shot gun shell. At the bottom of the pipe, was a cork with a nail in the center. AVT crosses path, pulls on fishing line/nail. Nail comes out, shotgun shell drops onto nail in cork BANG!:eek: ATV takes off with rider and his soiled pants:thumb:

On more friendlier note, you know you live in a good place when the news sportscast starts off with all the local High School scores before going to college and pro.
All have a great day.
God Bless,
Dennis

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
33 and not bad today. to get to 50?
Well hooked up another 12 lites yesterday. Lites were for new bridges and trolley way I put in 4 lites on each bridge and another 4 lites for fishing creek area I am in the process of building.
B GOOD or B GONE,
laz57

Jonadel

Chief--

Claymore land mine might come into play to stop the perps. No posts, no cables, no evidence and just a small indentation in the ground. Just make sure you remember where you put it :eek:

Good Morning............
It is 38 degrees and cloudy. Going up to 43 today with a little rain later.
Today is a less busy day. I have a few things to do around the house and , maybe, will run trains , later.
Not much else new here. I hope Spring hurries up.
Time for breakfast on the Dining car.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 41 F as I rolled on to the highways this morning. We are going up to 47 F today. There is no rain in the forecast until Thursday. Hopefully that will give the ground some time to dry out.

My son has his first baseball practice tonight. They plan on using the tennis courts since the ground is still too muddy. I have to go to a Cub Scout Roundtable after his practice tonight.

No modeling last night. We had to take my daughter out to get the Easter dress. It was bad it took us only two stores. Of course one was in Clifton Heights, PA and the other in Newark, DE; 32 miles away. Amazingly we made the trip in 40 minutes! I may have used up all my traffic luck for the month. Traffic was light and most of the traffic lights were green.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's a nice 52 degrees outside at the moment under cloudy skies. I'm expecting a high of 64 today with partly cloudy skies.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/11/2008

Wind Chill: 50°F
Humidity: 97%
Dew Point: 51°F

So Far Today
High: 54°F
Low: 52°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph NNW

Today High: 65 Decreasing clouds. Highs in the mid 60s. North winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 42 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. North winds up to 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

P1010003-38.jpg

cnw1995

Morning all. Supposed to warm up for a day. Sure wasn't warm at 0-dark-thirty this morning. Tonight's my last class for this quarter - then it starts again (fortunately) in a few weeks. Ran trains again last night. The front coupler I glued on Percy fell off mid-run - it's like the CA didn't bond to the plastic. Maybe I need to use something else instead.

Great news about your new dog, Dennis! Describe him or her for us.
Don, sounds like you were quite the thespian on stage.

Good Morning all!

Foggy here this morning. Might hit 70 today.

Don - good to hear from you! Glad the wiring is moving along.

Jeffrey - another nice photo today!

Buckeye - wouldn't Mrs. Buckeye be a little curous about those 12 proposals at work? :confused:

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Status
Not open for further replies.