Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from blowing snow. Since we have such a low tax rate in Roger's Corners, we had to do all the main roads from here to the Interstate. With 100 snow blowers running side by side, it only took 12 hours. Now we are hard at work filling sandbags for the big flood. I believe downtown Roger's Corners will be floating by the end of this week. :flush1::rofl:

If you folks don't mind, I am going to change fonts. I can't wait until the Chief jumps my case. sign1 Sometime I might try all capitals, but that would be very daring on my part. :eek:

Roads are in great shape, but they have called school off for tomorrow. :confused: We went to the Blue Jackets game this afternoon and had no trouble navigating the streets of Columbus. Blue Jackets beat Tampa Bay. We then went to Giant Eagle to buy groceries. Mrs. Buckeye buys, I watch. Sometimes she is gracious enough to let me choose the ice cream.

See ya later after the flood of 2008.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good evening folks

I finally have some time to sit down at the computer after a couple of crazy days. Yesterday’s weather was quite a show we had wind, rain, lighting, and hail. The worst of it was when I took my father-in-law home from the Blue and Gold Banquet. I dropped him off at the house and you could see these black clouds rolling in from the west. Just as we pulled up to the house it started to rain. I got him in the house and headed back to the church hall. On the way the rain came down in torrents and then came the hail. It was the size of marbles and actually coated the ground. With all the rain we had I was amazed that our basement did not get water in it.

Speaking of the Blue and Gold it went off great. The food was great. Each of our dens performed skits and we gave out our pinewood derby trophies. My son is happy because he won a Pokemon game in one of the silent auctions. My daughter also won a gift certificate to a local pizza place.

My son’s basketball team won their playoff game 24 to 23 with a basket in the final minute. My son did well. He did not score any points. He had several critical defensive rebounds and a blocked shot. He also made an assist on a play that put his team up with three minutes to go.

Needless to say I have not gotten any modeling done. I am hoping to get down stairs and at least put some stuff away and tidy up things.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Jonadel

From my perspective, I prefer larger font w/flair, much easier on the old eyes, that's why I also prefer O scale trains.

Jon

sir james

GOOD EVENING ALL
IMO I don't think we should blame the forum for what someone says,but in this case where someone is attacked by name I think it should be removed instead of locked.
The little train show was a bust, lots of empty tables.maybe some went to the show in Toledo instead,as weather was not a factor here. I felt lazy today so no choo-choos,just tv and a short nap. we had 30 degrees today with warmer temps coming this week. still feels cold at 30 to me.
You working souls get ready for monday and stay safe,,,S.J.

Chief Eagles

Evening Lady and Gents [you too Buckeye :twisted:]. Buckeye, snow blowing??? Is that got something to do with cocaine? Man, be careful as the Drug Agents might get you. :eek: Thanks for all the support on the CTT thing. I took it as a real A. Even Jim A made fun. I really think he was jumping me because I got Jim A on not answering the guy's original question on trasformers and trains. Not why I am not back on CTT. Just not fun over there anymore. Talked to Don B today. Sure miss his funnies. He use to jump me all the time. Hope the starts back posting. Especially here. Got to talk to Tom P [Spankybird] this AM. Hope all his work on new project comes through. He deserves it with all the work he has put in. Doug M, you missed the snow but I think MN and I have a treat for you. :twisted: Be patient. :wave: Good to be home. Fed girls [deer] as they had missed me. Sure hope to get in some train time tomorrow. Think I am going back to Charlotte Thrusday night, work Friday and Saturday. Drive home Saturday Evening. Should be over until maybe May 1 trip to Roanoke VA. Chat later [popcorn time]. God bless.

Sorry chief missed the post on the other site by the low life but enough came to your side as I would of if it didn't get locked befor I got there.

not to much happening . waiting patiently for wedsday for my phone interview. it would be a good start. Got reading more I would have to do 10 years with the VA but thats okay then I would be egible for retirement which would put me at 62 so it would be the time to start looking into it and planing a date wheather it be then or 5 years down the road I would have to see and see whats left of S.S.

Any way just another day at work.

Oh chief the other day mentioned just looking at my trains thats because I don't have a complete loop or acually the boards to finish the loop mainly because of this job opitunity I've been holding off to see whats happening wheather I should finish the loop and put insulation down ect, ect. If I'am going to be moving soon why bother lol.

I did run my n scale set the other day on the floor in the living room with bachmann easy track its fun to watch as it sounds like a bee buzzing around and the cats sure look one even went into the bedroom it apeared it was try ing to tell wife hey mommy, daddy is playing with a bumble bee in the living room! lol.

Talk to you all later

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 51 degrees here under cloudy skies, expecting a high of 63 this afternoon under partly cloudy skies.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/10/2008

Wind Chill: 52°F
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 46°F

So Far Today
High: 52°F
Low: 51°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE

Today High: 68 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain showers in the morning...then chance of rain showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 48 Cloudy. Rain showers likely and scattered thunderstorms in the evening...then chance of rain showers after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

P1010001-51.jpg

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All from NE Ohio

where the temp is 27 deg and we might get some more snow! :thumb:

Buckeye - Good to hear that you got the roads cleared, would you want to help us up North?

Thinking Spring

47b5da30b3127cce917b8112222400000017108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

Good Morning...........
It is a cold 30 degrees. Going up to 36 today with a few more snow flurries.
Today is busy. I have to run a few errands and do a few things around the house. Don't think I will get any train time in. Main roads are clear but side roads are still a mess. Glad I don't live where Tom does. I wonder if he ever got his car dug out ??
Well, time for breakfast. Be back later.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was cold this morning as I headed out with a temperature of 27 F on its way to 48 F. We are supposed to be in the sixties by the weekend.

Yesterday my wife had to take several detours on her way to and from work because of roads that were closed due to Saturday’s storms. She said in several places the traffic lights were not working which made for interesting travel through those intersections.

Baseball and Softball are beginning. We got the first phone calls last night and the practices start this week.

I did not get any model building done this weekend. I did get some things put away and tidied up the layout some. I also ran a train for a while. I entered a few items into an inventory program. So the weekend wasn’t a total lose.

I hope everybody has a good day.

sir james

GOOD MORNING
Ah monday,here we go. I didn't sleep very good last nite,woke around 3am and could not get back to a good sleep,kept waking up. and no its not because of my 30 minute afternoon nap. My wife called and won't be home till afternoon, sick kid. They are the ones that keep us old folks sick. I guess it will be trains at least part of the day. Stay Safe,,,S.J.

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Day off today, comp time for bus duty detention duty, and the dreaded cafeteria duty. Got one more comp day on May 2nd for the prom. Got workout done and dog walking out of the way, now to go start running some lites on layout. Ran trains last nite for an hour, NO PILE UPs. Then watched AXE MEN on HISTORY CHANNEL, pretty good, fell asleep in recliner ala CHIEF. Woke up at 12 went to bed.
TOM, think snow will be gone for the TRIBE OPENER?
B GOOD or B GONE.
laz57

cnw1995

Morning all. I am encouraged by Tom's photo this morning to think of spring! Can't seem to wake up today - it wasn't helped by the clock I forgot to change that read 400 am. LOL. Ran trains last night whilst everyone was out - and I was home with the youngest who is still sick. No pile-ups! Also watched Forrest Gump on TV. What a great movie. Hope the Chief is wrong about weather 'presents' coming from MN. I'd rather have them from the Carolinas...:thumb:

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Died when I got home. LAZ, did the same in recliner. Woke up. Crawled into bed. Wife woke me up as snoring too much. Went to other room. AT 5:15 woke up to pee. Wife was getting ready to go to work, hit other bath and then crashed in our bed. Did not move until 9 AM. Woke up and rolled over with cramp in lower leg. What a knot. Probably meds I am taking. That woke me up good. Now for late breakfast. Hope all have a great day. Later

dwiemer

Morning all. Hope everyone is doing well and that the week ahead is blessed. Had a good day with church and all.
For those who are interested, most of you know that I was busy the latter part of last year on a movie our church is doing. Anyway, we have a website for it and a trailer. Yes, it does have a TRAIN in it!, so I guess we can say it is train related...
Welcome To FireproofTheMovie.com - Coming Fall 2008
I hope y'all like it. On other fronts, we are having the carpets cleaned today, so all the den furniture is in the kitchen where I have been doing the dollhouse, so no work on that today. Perhaps it would be a great time to get some work done on the layout.
God Bless,
Dennis

jefelectric

Good morning everyone.

Dennis, that movie looks like a good one, sent the link to all my kids.

We had an exciting weekend. In addition to having the 7 year old granddaughter, we had a few problems. After much rain in the area we had high winds throughout the county, they clocked winds of over 70mph at the airport. Naturally that brought trees and poles down all over with about 15,000 out of power. Our street was not immune. Two doors down the pole across the road with a transformer on it blew over into the neighbors front lawn, blocking the road and burning a limb of off a tree. About 15 homes on our street then lost power from about 7:30 AM till 1:00 AM last night. I thought we were prepared as we have a gas fire place, gas heat in the greenhouse and a 10kw generator. Well plans don't always work out. About noon the generator stopped and when I went to check on it found a large pool of oil under it, not sure what the problem is, but for now it is dead. So we made do with what we had, fireplace and oil lamp. Last night they did a temp fix, lifted the pole back in place and guyed it with ropes. They are now replacing it with a new pole. I am not supposed to lose power as they plan on doing a hot switch, but you never know.

The good part was the precip was rain and not snow or the repairs would have taken a lot longer. Also they got power back on soon enough that no one had frozen plumbing pipes. It went down to 24 last night. Now it is sunny and in the 40s already.

I've been long winded enough.

Morning all!

Dennis - nice work on the movie!

Jeffrey - another good photo tady

Tom - I agree with Doug - your photo says summer is around the corner - Global warming right? Burned all my firewood this winter :confused:.

John - sorry about your generator - oil on the floor does not sound good does it?

Rained all night here and should continue some today. Might hit 65 today, but latest weather report says 60. Nice and cool!

Have a great day all!

Status
Not open for further replies.