Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey-wimberl

You know how they say you don't always know how bad off you are just by the way you feel? I felt pretty good this morning but a blood sugar check revealed that my blood sugar level was 54. Way too low! So I threw together a couple of chicken salad sandwiches on jalapeno and cheese bread. That should get it back up.

dbaker48

The Bucklesseye will be searching the outer space for TV reception while the Chuckster is watching NASCAR guys chase their tails around a circle. :rolleyes: The OLD man in CA will probably have the shakes while the Yanks around the great Lake MI will shovle snow all day. :thumb: Later

I don't think the "OLD man in CA will be troubled with the shakes" unless of course he is at the San Diego Train Museum with a whole lot of kids. Need to be more considerate of him, he is a little sensitive about the gray hair and beard. (Watchin out for your backside Doug)

Whatched MIB (Men in Black) for the first time last night, MIL & FIL were here. It was a real hoot! The movie was funny and a good satire on Sci-Fi, actually watched both I & II.

Put some sound board up on the elevated G scale yesterday. Didn't notice a real difference. (Reminder: I have 2 tracks going around the room perimeter near the ceiling. 1 track is on the shelf, 2nd track is 4" higher, sitting on a styrofoam base.) Tried both tracks didn't notice any difference. I had available 64 linear feet of soundboard 4" wide, needed 102 feet to do both tracks complete. So decided to try just the lower track, no need to buy anymore if not getting any improvement. So got it installed 1/2 around the lower still very little difference. Looks better, but no significant sound dampening. Decided to go ahead and finish the lower track only. Only bad thing that happened is knocked my mahogoney engine off a shelf, shattering the cab. Will need to glue that back together.

Have a great day, plan on watching the race from Vegas, and working in train room.

Later

Brutus

Nice pics today, Jeff - watch that BS (blood sugar)! Worked 6 hours of OT and then raced over to LHS to spend it. Bought 2 more ross switches (manual), caboose throws, and some more gg track. Also preordered the Lionel John Bull train - whoohoo! Can't wait to get it. Don, I agree that those MIB movies were pretty great - we rewatch those pretty often. Love that whole Post Office scene - being a federal employee, I often wonder if some of the people at work are really from another planet - LOL! Going over to freinds' house for dinner, so TTYL

CSXect

:wave: Indoor Garage sale at Southpointe market/flea market went well came home with less stuff than I started with and more cash than i started with:shock::cool: no one bought any magazines thoughwall1 Sold most of my starwars toys, a cap gun from the smokey mountains, a 3x zipup hoodie a bunch of 3x shirts and some misc. aquriam stuff:rolleyes: Oh and two plastic utility sinks with legs and stopers.

Got myAprill/May OGR today and of all things there is an article on Ives trains:cool:

hickstmj

Marcie
Very busy day today. Just wanted to drop in real quick & I find all these warm welcomes. Thank you everyone. About 70 degrees today, I think winter may finally be leaving. Have a nice rest of the weekend everyone.
PS: Chief, I do love sweet tea & grits. I live in the FL panhandle which is pretty much just southern alabama.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good evening folks

What a long day. I finally have some quiet time. We took the Cub Scouts into Philadelphia for Scout Day at the National Constitution Center. We had eight scouts go. The Webelos got the most out of. Two boys got 95% of their Citizenship Activity badge completed. The other Webelos have the badge and got some requirements for the Readyman and Showman. Since we took the train and my son was explaining the transit map to a couple of younger scouts he earned his Travelers Activity Badge. We came home and crashed for a little while.

Our year old gas range top cracked this evening. After I was done cooking and cleaning the skillet I heard an add cracking and then a pop. It took me a few moments to find the source. A portion of the ceramic range top cracked and broke. It looks like we will be calling Frigidaire on Monday.

Folks have been dropping by all evening paying for their Blue & Gold Banquet tickets. The B&G is Saturday. It is quiet around the house right now. My daughter is at a sleepover. My son is playing his new video game we just got this evening. Later I may watch Beowulf which we also just got. We saw the movie in the theaters and enjoyed it.

Welcome Marcie!

I hope everybody has a good evening.

Evening all!

Back from Las Vegas and still solvent :thumb:

Watching Second Hand Lions. Great movie. These guys in the movie remind me of my great- uncle (and great-aunt) that lived out between Brenham and Bellville on a small farm. He was one tough old guy - journeyman union carpenter by trade. Used to stay there for a few weeks for several summers back in the mid-60's. No air conditioning except fans in the windows and house. Went to bed at sun down and got up at 5 (UGH). Learned to drive a tractor and spents days mowing part of the fields. It was hot.

Hope all are doing well!

Welcome Marcie!

Have a great evening all!
Roy

L

laz57

HI GIZ and MARCIE,
Today ran on treadmill 4 miles not to bad just on the 5% incline got a little bit tough. But Great day. Ran trains for 2 hrs. NO PILE UPS!!!!!
DAY 5 MILLERSBURG YARDS and NO PILE UPS!!!!
MARCIE just take your time and try things before you make them perminent. I still move lots o stuff after a year or so on my new layout. Drives me nuts. A little heartbroken as are most of us when you said you like SWEET TEA and GRITS? Ok sweet tea I can see, but GRITS, BLAH TOOIE. Maybe me and BUCKEYE and CHUCK can change you? Them GRITS can make you go blind?
B GOOD or B GONE,
laz57

Chief Eagles

AH Marcie, the real Southern lady.:thumb: Don B, not Doug W as old man unless you did as the wife suggested and dyed your hair. :twisted: Then you MIGHT look a little younger. :rolleyes: Great day at the store today. Sold lots of chargers. VP called to thank me. Not coming back to Charlotte next week. May be off or off to Savannah. If Savannah, wife might go too if we can kennel Burg Eagles. Dennis, oh Dennis. Savannah. Bet Kim is up to a trip. Lets see how it plays out. Buckeye, real hog pallor over there now. More and more oinks. One is so sweet on big oink that he would have a broken neck if big oink turned and did not signal. Think you know what that means. Roy, love that movie and have it on DVD. Laugh all the way through it. Just finished watching [on HBO] the remake of Rear Window [James Stewart and Grace Kelly]. New one has teens doing to "detective work". Was a real thriller. Time to crash. Later

Good Evening Guys and Marcie.........
Today was a busy day. Good to just sit and relax. I see Chief is selling all those overpriced chargers.

Marcie...Welcome and I hope those grits don't make you go blind. Or stunt your growth. sign1

Off to bed. Good Night All,
Chuck

kpolak

Morning!

Chief: Thanks! I like the origional of Rear Window. Great job on the chargers! Did you tape $20's to them?

Marcie: Welcome! Nice that you have an understanding spouse!

Big day planned...Church and Train show. Sounds like some SE Michigan folks want to start up a Club or Summit, or something. Hope to hook up with them at the show.

Kurt

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Currently it's 62 and cloudy here. Expecting a high of 78 with a chance of rain this evening.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/2/2008

Wind Chill: 61°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 58°F

So Far Today
High: 62°F
Low: 59°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph S

Important Message

Lake wind advisory in effect from 11 AM this morning to 8 pm cst this evening.

Today High: 78 Partly sunny. Patchy dense fog in the morning. Highs in the upper 70s. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph and gusty.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

2702.jpg

Good Morning..........
It's a cold and clear 25 degrees. Going up to 46 today. With sunshine. That's warm.
Today I am taking it easy. Watching the Nascar race from Nevada. Good race yesterday. Maybe run trains later. Come on Spring........
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Gonna spend some time running around today...... Train meet about a 1/2 hour away. They meet every few months to sell stuff.. Some private dealers.. Sometimes I actually find something I never knew existed, but I can't live without :D :D

Later --- going Geocaching with Step-Daughter.. Always a neat thing :)

Will listen to NASCAR in Satellite radio on the roaad :D ....

Its 29 going up to 46... Tomorrow we might get to 58 :eek::eek::eek:

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Safe trip to Church to all those who can make it. Only bad thing about this job, away from home each Sunday. Doesn't prevent me from doing my Bible readings every morning. Kurt, hope you have a great trian show and hook up with some train runners. Toots, I see GRITS invading your dinning car. Usually post on CTT first each morning as it was on my favorites list first. Real slow this AM. Guess Bob K will have to get his Bobcat and clean all the poop out of the hoghouse. :eek:hamrjawdrop

Time for breakfast. Later

Marcie...Welcome to the caboose. Sometimes it gets crowded so I climb on top of a box car and enjoy the ride. Chuck is right, that grits and sweet tea will make you go blind.

Jeff...What type of switch did you use to turn the lights on and off?

Roy...One of my favorite movies. I especially enjoyed the bar scene.

Only 15 more days. balloon6

This week Chuck and I again will decide who is the leader of the free world. I bet you will sleep better tonight with that thought on your mind. :eek:

L

laz57

HI GIZ and GAL,
25 here and sunny, going up to 45. Hope to get in a nice 6 miler today? With this nice beautiful day going to take it slow and enjoy being outside today. Got to loosen up and take dog for walk first. Went to church last nite then out for supper with wife had an excellent chicken cor don blue. Tasty. Now got to run it off. All have a great day.
B GOOD or B GONE,
laz57

Brutus

Good morning, folks. Welcome back Roy, by coming back with your $$$, you win! Chief, I think that movie was Disturbia? I'm going to work on the basement today and maybe start planning my next layout now that I have some more track. I need to expand my little table too. Oh, I wasn't paying attention and the kid at the LHS didn't ring up my gg track right - I need to call them Monday. I've been paying about $6 per section, which I consider to be high dollar already, but this kid rang them up at over $9. I was talking to him about my preorder at the time and didn't notice until later that day (after they closed). By my calculations, they owe me 4 more pieces of track or a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.