Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Brutus: Congratulations on the Court of Honor! He'll be in OA in no time! I think Chewy had first and second's on the chili. Will keep extra Banilla around. Probably a Haagan Daas emergency pint. Chewy can have it all to herself.

Getting application ready to send youngest to pre-school. Need letter of recommendation from our Pastor. We stopped attending our Church of 5-years, and have been going to another Church since January. Better children's program. Will still ask for recommendation from old pastor.

Kurt

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Well got a 2 hr delay for icy roads. I'll take it, 68 days left.
Worked on layout last nite, put down some roads, planted trees and the got shop vac out and cleaned layout with the little micro brush attachment that does a great job of cleaning up the roofs. Think I'll try doing it twice a year?
BRUTUS, NO OLD MIL? I coulda used one last nite
icon_smile_wink.gif
B GOOD or B GONE,
laz57

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
A Snowy Good Morning from SE Mich.,
It looks like a good day to stay home,we only have about an inch of snow but its sticking to everything. Of course we still have all day before we know what the end result will be. Looks like a train day to me...S.J.

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Morning all. More's on the way to you, Sir James. Not as much snow here fell as the media panic-mongers said - more like 4 inches than 9. Still I pity anyone flying. Ran trains last night! Swapped Percy and James so Percy can now shunt the now-connected yard track. Replaced some track where Percy was derailing. It's amazing how sensitive the lack of a pilot truck makes an engine. Thomas shunted a few troublesome trucks which promptly derailed in the far corner of the layout, living up to their names. Now all three engines are running on their lines in the same direction too - just to be different. Have a good day!

dbaker48

Jul 4, 2006
Cerritos, Ca.
Good Morning !

Looks like the weather is getting back to normal, supposed to be 74 today with clear skies!! Its tough be the weather tester for all you guys back east, the storm that's headed your way is a tough one. We do have some significant waves going on. Seal Beach which is our closest beach, (3 or 4 miles), had 18 foot waves. Also sustained some damage to the pier there.

imageDisplay.jsp

Went to a movie last night, what a waste of time that was! Lots of good movies out but we went in the wrong door. (Jumpers) Definiely one that will be easy to forget!

Hopefully will find some time to wire up the track controllers (switches) in the control panel tonight.

Looks like a quiet day for work, hope everyone has a GREAT DAY !!

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
I used 12 gauge wire throughout my basement just to be on the safe side - might want to up a breaker from 15 to 20 Amps later and this way I'm good to go. I have a few hundred feet left over right now, so I'll probably use some on my next layout too. If I run out, I'll probably buy some 14 or 16 gauge to make it easier to bend, but I'm sure it will be fine.
12 gauge is what I used to rewire my trailer when I rebuilt it back in 95. I used the 12 gauge 12/2 with ground for the lights (all fluorescent), plug sockets (all 15 amp minimum) and light appliances. I used 10/2 with ground for the heavier things, such as the AC unit, water heater, heater and microwave oven. The trailer is all electric, all 110v.

Good morning.

It's 48 here but the wind coming off the lake makes it feel like 30. The expected high today is 56.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/26/2008

Wind Chill: 43°F
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 38°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 49°F
Rain: 0.06"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 33mph N

Important Message

Lake wind advisory in effect from 10 AM this morning to 4 pm cst this afternoon.

Today High: 58 Becoming mostly sunny. Cooler. Highs in the upper 50s. North winds 15 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly clear. Colder. Lows in the mid 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Today one of the tower operators was saying that he always wanted to get a close look at the bottom of a bay window caboose. What's that old saying? Be careful what you wish for? The caboose had detached from a train and was hit by another train and derailed, coming to rest wedged between the lead locomotive and the interlocking tower.

P1010002-41.jpg

P1010007-15.jpg

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Busy morning. Playing with Grandson, cooking breakfast for everyone and playing with Grandson. All coming to an end. News media interviews on my editorial in the N&O this AM. Stired up a nest of hornets. Got to change into the tie thing. Raining and thundering [means snow in how many days?]. Got to run.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good afternoon folks

It was 36 F as I rolled out of the driveway. High today will be 46 F with rain. I am sitting here actually enjoying a cup of coffee. The work insanity has no begun yet but we are on final countdown.

I finished the last flat car. Now I have to think about the next project. Maybe I’ll work on the layout some this time around.

I hope everybody has a good day.

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Good Afternoon everyone. Finishing up here at work. Have some last minute things to take care of, then to pick my son up from his sister's ballet practice. Poor kid surrounded by all those girls. In 10 years, he'll be wishing to be in the same situation! I am on call, so we shall see what work I can get done on the layout while waiting for a page.
Chief, enjoy your trip and get back to spoiling Carter soon.
God Bless,
Dennis

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Good evening all,

We had 0.8" of rain today. Really hard at times, at least it wasn't snow. :thumb: To turn colder now for a few and might get some white stuff about Friday.

Went to a talk & Power Point presentation on the Cornwall and Lebanon Railroad. This was a 22 mile long branch line between, just North of Elizabethtown, and Lebanon. This line ran just a mile or so from the house where I grew up. It was very interesting. The gentleman who gave the presentation is an HO gauger who has built many of the structures that existed along that branch in the 50's and earlier. The line was in operation from 1881 to 1972. In later years it operated as a branch of the PRR. The village of Bellaire which was along that line forms part of my Model Railroad name.

Jeffrey, You've been having a lot of derailments lately. Maybe you should put a couple of HO track gangs to work.
:thumb:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
EVENING ALL
I got everything ready for sundays show,it was a good day to stay in, although the temp stayed at 34 until about 5pm so the streets were just fine. the usual sloppy road crunches this morning of course. March is getting closer at last. I guess this is a good spot to say goodnite..Goodnite,,,,S.J.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Nice pics Jeffrey - hey, looks like some screws loose on the track?? ;) John F - sounds like a really cool presentation. He should put it on a website - I'd love to watch it too. Sir J, Chewy said G'Night!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 36 F and getting breezy as I headed on the road today. Our high is supposed to be 37 F. It is supposed to get colder as the week goes along and then early next week we could be in the mid-60’s.

I finally got around to taking some pictures last night of one of the completed flat cars.

There won’t be much modeling tonight. My daughter has flute lesson and then we have a Cub Scout Pack Meeting.

I hope everybody has a good day.

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Morning all. Cold today. I enjoy similar presentations, John. I've only been able to get to a few of the C.E.R.A. and various Illinois rail history society presentations over the years (especially the C&NW).

On the ride in, I was experimenting with creating activity cards to use with guests to the railway. Pick a card and do what it says.

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Morning all,
Got a dog in pain, so I will be heading to the vets this morning and then to work. I'd rather be hurting than to see a child or a good dog in pain. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well.
Chief, have a good trip.
Dennis

Nov 17, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
snohio here this am not much but enough for me about 1"

Off today (yeah first in 8 days as co worker kid being sick)

Not to much happening to cold to work on porch but supose to be nice friday so will probally work on it then as I'm off friday too. Did level it up the other day with cinder blocks and jack stands to hold it there .

Status
Not open for further replies.