Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Good Morning
Kurt- I think your right,Chewy either got into or is mad because she didn't get the chile. Cloudy this morning, going to 37, with that stuff expected to arrive tonite. I'm going out today so I can just look out the window tomorrow.....S.J.

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
Our forecast today: freezing rain followed by 4-6" snow, what else is new?
Orlando forecast: sunny, high of 79

Can't wait! Lots of errands and prep today for take off tomorrow.

We took the princess to the train store on Saturday and that was fun. One of the geezers turned to my wife and said, "she's kind of young for trains isn't she"? No, she replied, she helps Grandpa run the big layout and has her own Thomas that we set up in the living room when she visits. The geezer gets a big grin going and say's "good, that's the way it should be". In my opinion there's no reason why an almost two year old cannot enjoy electric trains with adult supervision, the only real problem is getting up off the floor after an extended play session------ who said the Golden years are so golden sign1

Enough rambling, time to get busy.
Jon

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Nice, dealership furnishes free wireless internet service. :thumb: Free starbucks too. No computer, CNN like at airports. Jon, Cart is coming to visit GrandDad today. :thumb::mrgreen: Nice dealership. Prices are good too. Might get them to do services instead of me. Getting a little old to be crawling under vehicles. :cry: Sunny and **** sleve weather. [Yanks, eat your hearts out] :wave: Later

dwiemer

Jul 10, 2006
Southwest GA
Hey Chief! It was warm here too. In the 70s. I wore shorts in to the hospital.

I tried to post yesterday, but my darn computer, or the software didn't let me. Anyway, I will try to remember most of what I was going to say:
Roy, enjoy Vegas. We had a great time, even without putting a dime into a slot. Lots of neat things to see at the resorts. We loved the dancing fountains at Bellagio.
Doug, the edit guy is back down from Chicago. He is specializing in Christian films, so if you have a need, I will pass along the information. Not sure the name of the church in Chicago he attends.
John, my layout is 12 x 18. My dad used to own a automotive electric place and I got the wiring from him. Would rather have over-kill in case future expansion, etc.
I bought that 0-4-0 switcher from the Georgia Power folks. It will be great on the layout for the yard, just wish it was TMCC.
Hope everyone has a great day,
Dennis

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Afternoon all. Couldn't get on without Zealot freezing yesterday. Glad Roy's going to Vegas and Jon to Orlando. I took enjoyed all the sights in Vegas last time I was there though my legs nearly fell off after walking around that convention center. Supposed to snow some more here tonight. What else is new. Still enjoying this narrow gauge book. Didn't get much done this weekend apart from near taking the bathroom apart to fix the jam in a toilet. It's deeper than my equipment unfortunately so I guess I have to call someone.:cry:

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
Chief--

I used to do all the work on my cars back in the day for two reason, to save money and I enjoyed it a lot. I did points, plugs (gapped 'em), filters, rotated tires, etc. I haven't done that for years, got to busy I guess. There's a shop in town that will do the oil/filter/rotate tires for $21.00 plus we get to trade lies and drink coffee :thumb:

I do my own oil changes/filters on the bike, good to get the hands dirty and it's good therapy for me and not pay shop rates for 30 minutes. The cheapest thing about owning a motorcycle is buying it :eek:

Jon

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Hey all:wave:

The snow has been hitting hard 'n heavy around here, although I think it was the last great "huzzah!" of this winter so far. I've been really busy latley, so no time for any trains:cry: I was able to get in a few hours of renovation for my freight depot, which has been screaming (almost literaly) for me to cover that horrid glossy oil wood trim I put on it so long ago:eek: The only other big thing for me was winning a mint Treasure Hunt Rail Rodder (Hot Wheels car in the shape of a modern 4-4-0) for cheap:mrgreen: I'll try to be on more, but my schedule's in flux right now, so I don't know what's gonna happen.:rolleyes:

Cheers:wave:
CNWman

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Jeff, glad it was inside the area of the layout, hate to see that loco hit the floor. I need to be sure I put up some sides on my layout (lexan or something) after I creamed a passenger car earlier this year.
I'm very fortunate in that area as two sides of my layout are against walls (bolted to them actually), the back side (where the AC unit is) has a shelf 1 inch below it. Only the front side is open.

Good afternoon.

It's currently 71 here under partly cloudy skies. Expecting a high of 79. It's already quite humid.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/25/2008

Wind Chill: 69°F
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 59°F

So Far Today
High: 71°F
Low: 48°F
Rain: 0.01"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 22mph SW

Rest Of Today High: 78 Increasing clouds. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

P1010021-4.jpg

P1010017-5.jpg

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
John, my layout is 12 x 18. My dad used to own a automotive electric place and I got the wiring from him. Would rather have over-kill in case future expansion, etc.
I bought that 0-4-0 switcher from the Georgia Power folks. It will be great on the layout for the yard, just wish it was TMCC.
Hope everyone has a great day,
Dennis

Dennis, The 12 gauge wire certainly can't hurt anything, just a little more difficult to work with. You can add TMCC to the switcher if you want. I put it in a Lionel docksider and if it has a tender it would be a piece of cake. Adding sound and electro couplers may be a little more difficult. Elec. RR or TAS can help you.

It was a beautiful day here. Not sure what the temps were, but it felt like spring. Going down hill from here. To rain tomorrow followed by several days of subfreezing temps and possilblity of some snow the end of the week.

I did pick up 5 large bags of potting soil today(Chief, that is to pot the seedlings that are now ready, you know, the ones you didn't plant yet.)

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
$21+ !!!!!!!! Man, if I could get that price, I'd hang up my creeper and impact wrench. I am using full synthetic. I paid double the cost that I got it from Walmart. Filter price the same. Got to do pickup tomorrow. Time to leave Town Hall. Later

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
I still do oil changes at home,but its because I have seen too many screw ups by these oil change places,Stripped threads,leaking filters that kind of thing. I stopped sending my wife with her car because they were always trying to sell her something. That was before I quit going. I think I would take them to the dealers for just a couple $$ more. S.J

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good evening folks

I finally have a chance to sit in front of the computer and type. It has been a crazy day. At work I was on the go from the time I walked in until I left. We are still trying to get several projects advertised but they are full of problems. If we could only get people to read before they write something it would go along to stopping these last minute issues. In the afternoon I had to run over to the Scout Center and finalize our Pack charter and pick up awards and patches for our pack meeting this week.

We had a busy weekend with the kids each having basketball games. They also had softball and baseball try-outs. Somehow we got in the grocery shopping. Then the wife got the bright idea to replace some broken blinds in the kids’ room. Now after three trips to four different stores and two returns we have three out of four windows done. It is amazing how mismarked the blinds are. The package says it is a 31 inch blind and fits 30.75 to 32 inch windows. Of course our window is 31.5 inches and the blind is short. I measured the new 31 inch blind and it is only 30.25 inches long. We had three packages where the size was a half inch to an inch shorter than what was on the box.

Next time Mikey the wife has a bright idea like this I will drop her off at Walmart and head down your place. I have been in the Eddystone Walmart three times in the last two days and tomorrow night I get to try the one in Glenolden n search of the elusive 32inch room darking off white blind.

I got all but one of the flat cars sealed. I just sealed the last one. I will have to get some photos shortly.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Hey Doug, I thought that was a really good book. Son had a Court of Honor at scouts and got his first badge (scout badge). Summer camp will cost about $170 plus $50 or $220. Not too bad, but there went a whole box of gargraves :eek: Kurt, tell me the truth - Did Chewy lick Sir James 1's bowl? I think she might have been giving him some "paybacks" for a little prank he pulled a few months ago. :rolleyes:

I used 12 gauge wire throughout my basement just to be on the safe side - might want to up a breaker from 15 to 20 Amps later and this way I'm good to go. I have a few hundred feet left over right now, so I'll probably use some on my next layout too. If I run out, I'll probably buy some 14 or 16 gauge to make it easier to bend, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Oh well, girlscout cookies for everybody, just use the secret knock -- shave and a haircut :thumb:

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Hi guys,
I don't know if Chewy licked the bowl or not But any more spells and she gets that No Brand peanutbutter. It looks like the snow is closing in on us, not here yet but its on the radar. Rootbeer is on me tonite. S.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.