Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrmcclellan

Oct 1, 2005
North Texas
Morning all!

I hope Dr. John is OK. Twisters hit Prattville yesterday.

Doug - glad your wife made it through that incident OK.

John Baker - sounds cold there - good to see you around - enjoy your gristleburger! All those cow parts that don't go the supermarket as steaks gotta go somewhere! :mrgreen:

It is bright and sunny - 45 this morning - going to 60's today.

Jon - those of us in the engineering profession cannot use MACs - no one writes design apps for them - and a MAC emulating a PC running an engineering design tool makes that Pinto look like a Funny Car.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Weird computer stuff - I was once on a project at CO in Washington and they had a single computer there running OS1 (I think it was OS1, maybe OS2? IBM version of Windows that disappeared pretty fast) so they could run some application that was only on that platform. What a mess - it would crash all the time and wouldn't interface with any of the other computers. MS is not my favorite, but it does add value when you are trying to produce something useful at the end of the day by simplifying choices if nothing else. John B - glad to hear you are doing okay and fattening up on our foodstuffs! Hope Dr. John is okay, too! TTFN

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Read through the forum, Nothing unusual happened while I was gone. Same old Yankee BS. BTW: Yankes,there WERE big bowls of GRITS every morning. [:p] Now to sum up a cruise. It is wading through tons of cleavage and legs [:O] with the stench of sun tan oil to get to mounds of food [dinner] and gallons of drink. [(-D] For you guys with a weak heart, do not take a cruise. All my bird feeders filled and off to feed the deer [who are wondering, "Why doesn't he write?"]. Later

BMRR

Nov 10, 2006
Alabama
I just watched the local news here in Alabama. They said about 200 homes and 100 businesses were damaged or destroyed in prattville. Thank God no one was killed. Hope Dr. John is OK.

Stan.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Just made it back from the nutrition center ran into a white out on SR 104 it was like a wall of snow as I type this the news says parts of 104 have just been shutdown:shock:

Lost 8 pounds this week:shock: total of 80 so far:cool:

Trainwise I saw a caboose at the parsons yard and caught a glimps of a switcher working the Old Buckeye steelplant who makes of all things trucks(as in train wheels) I have got to start carrying a digital camera with me:mrgreen:

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Chief, Since no one else has, let me be the first to :welcome1: You Home!

Pray that Dr. John is OK.

John Baker, I thought at our age we stopped padding our ages, we all know you are only 69 ! :mrgreen:

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Way to go CSX! Welcome back Chief! Went to son's first Boyscout meeting. They want to go camping this weekend, but it's supposed to snow Thursday/Friday, so we would need a bunch of extra gear we don't own yet. Ergo - no camping this weekend. Oh well, plenty of chips and rootbeer guys, see ya later?

dbaker48

Jul 4, 2006
Cerritos, Ca.
Sure hope Dr. John is OK !! And you KNOW he is really busy trying to help everyone. Prayers and wishes to them!

Worked another 1/2 day, then came home and worked on wiring. Wasn't too bright putting the control panel at the end of one leg of a "U" then put the majority of the switches at the opposite leg. Total of 20 switches = lots of wire. AND I'm using RING terminals and soldering all splices. Lots of time.

Welcome home Chief !! Good to hear you had a safe trip!

Hope the weather isn't too bad on all you guys up in the cold country. BTW, John do you have your snowman out yet???

Tomorrow will be a nervous day!!!! Chris and his girl friend taking the El Camino to go snow boarding tomorrow. And he hasn't drivven in snow before!!! Better go have a conversation with him.

See you all later.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It is 36 F with a high of 45 F. Tomorrow is supposed to be another messy evening rush hour with rain turning to snow. It seems like every Wednesday this month we have some kind of winter precipitation.

I am heading into work late today. My son jammed his finger sometime in the last few days. We found it about it yesterday. We iced and it took some of the swelling down but we are heading to the doctor’s this morning.

I am still recovering from the sleepover from Saturday night at the museum. I still feel like I haven’t caught up on all my sleep. Yesterday the kids spent the day over a friend’s house that moved from the neighborhood. They moved about a half an hour away and the kids can only get to together a few times a year now. I spent the day running errands so I never it made it to the computer until after 11 PM.

I did get some modeling done. I continued weathering the flat cars. They are now ready for airbrush weathering.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Jonadel

Nov 16, 2007
Iowa
Wow, we are really in the ice box here and more snow today, we are in a pattern of snow every other day, dang.

Had a nice afternoon yesterday of just goofing off and running trains all by myself, very relaxing----time really does fly when having fun.

Time for coffee and toast.
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.