Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for the links to the train fabric will needsome after I get my benchwork up:thumb:

been on a scavenger hunt for old stuff I do not need and could put in yard sale this spring:rolleyes: I am currently looking for my starwars dewback(you have to be a starwars nerd to know what it is) by kenner foun its saddle but no sign of it anywhere a few mounths ago I had it but no saddle:curse: also have an ATAT by kenner missing its lightup clear plastic guns but other than that complete also have some extra mostly unopened tacobell starwars toys by applause. a hand full of very worn hotwheels/matchbox and various other small cars that do not fit in with my interests. found a secret stash of hardback sci-fi books that I will be getting rid of soon.

Was watching American experience they were talking about the history of the Mormons kinda interesting.

lost 3 pounds this past week maybe more as I was wearing sweats under my jeans and two shirts as I was cold.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Congrats on the diet, CSX! PS - I know what all that stuff is. Did the dewbacks appear in any of the later movies after the first one on Tatooine (now called Ep 4)?

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Is someone having trouble with the weather?? I know exactly what you mean!! Its really messing up our schedule. Normally I change the AC filters after Easter. But, wife is wanting to have the AC on, and I don't have the filters changed yet. Better get busy.
SPOON SPOON, that is his nickname. Stiring all the time. :cry:

HAd seen some smokes in the distance but did not pay much attention until Doug M posted. I asked one of our firemen [who was visiting Town Hall this afternoon] and he told me the whole world tried to burn yesterday. None in the Roseyville Dist.. In the neighboring county just miles away, massive fire and destroyed buildings. Air tankers were grounded and could not fly due to 60 mph winds. Fireline plows stayed busy but it jumped them due to the wind. Some major highways helped stop the fire's racing.
I watched movies and did not catch the news [which is more interested in Raleigh's Mayor talking about water savings.
John F., I was telling wife yesterday that your part of PA would be my choice if I had to live up Nawth. Rural and real pretty with old towns near by.

Sure hope the cold and heavy snows move across and west of Miss. River from Illinois. Frigid please. :twisted: When a certain retired band teacher tries to thaw his locks, it freezes in mid air. :eek:

Good night.

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
OFF today they closed schools here snow just started to stick. I got my construction done on new section yesterday at school. Just got done painting then will put up this afternoon. Take some pics when done to suprise YUZ GIZ?
I will run trains later?
B good or B gone,
laz57

L

laz57

BRITUS,
Glad your MOMs doing fine. My MOM too had the knee replaced about 10 yrs ago did real good. She didn't even go through physical therapy. Tough old girl I guess?
laz57

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Morning all. "N", site is gettign rather "sticky" lately. seems to be slow going through all its steps. Maybe the adds. ???? On the run as got lots to do before flying out Thursday at noon.

Dennis, leopard can't seem to change his spots. Looks like he is starting to "talk to himself again". Also the times look like work times. If he gets too bad, you might touch base with LM. :eek:

Later

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Morning all. Wow, Laz, your kids will be in school until July with all their 'snow days' Glad your mom came through fine, Brutus. Today's my 'long' day - with lots to do too. I have a nice fat book to read on the way home about how the coming of the railways changed life.

dbaker48

Jul 4, 2006
Cerritos, Ca.
Morning all... Brutus glad your Mom is doing well. (Got caught up on my reading.)

Should be an interesting day. Going to deliver about 30 rolls of paper to the Academy Awards. Chris is going with me, we deliver to the Kodak theatre. They have their printers set up there. Made arrangements for a behind the scenes tour of the Theatre being preparred for the Oscars.

Then I get the rest of the day off. Will do some more wiring, (replace toggle switch), and possibly start working on wiring the switches up.

Hope everyone has a great day!

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
I always knew Don's a star! Here'a question: I'm looking for two axle rolling stock I could kit-bash to run behind Thomas and his friends. Any ideas what I should look for - is there Marx or AF O gauge I could explore?

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 18 F as I rolled onto the brine treatment byways this morning. That is right we are in full snow panic in these parts. I expect a commute from hell on the way home today. In the snow, sleet, and freezing rain the high is supposed to be 31 F.

No modeling last night. We had to run some errands. I also spent some time last evening speaking with the commissioner and president of the athletic association of my daughter’s basketball team regarding her coaches’ unsportsmanlike conduct. I found that the assistant coach has been previously banned from coaching and should not be coaching. And now it looks like the head coach may also be banned because there have been other issues regarding the team that I was unaware of. It is sad when a couple of jerks can ruin youth sports.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 62 degrees here under cloudy skies. Thunderstorms expected this afternoon with a high of 67.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/12/2008

Wind Chill: 64°F
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 61°F

So Far Today
High: 65°F
Low: 61°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 17mph NNE

Today High: 70 Showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may be severe. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Highs around 70. South winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the west in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Colder. Lows in the mid 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

I was getting tired of there being no light in the north-west corner of the layout so I took care of that little problem about 5:15 this am.

P1010002-37.jpg

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
Brutus the Dewbacks may have been in episode 1 as well may have to pop in the dvd to see:mrgreen:

Snowed in at the moment with more on the way:confused::shock:

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
I always knew Don's a star! Here'a question: I'm looking for two axle rolling stock I could kit-bash to run behind Thomas and his friends. Any ideas what I should look for - is there Marx or AF O gauge I could explore?

Come to York in April and you will find a ton of that stuff. :thumb: :mrgreen: Marx is the king of 4 wheel freight cars, and there are still a lot of them around. I don't keep up with the prices, so not much help there. There are currently 85 pages of Marx on ebay.

The NRHS meeting for tonight in Harrisburg has been canceled, so no driving on the ice for me.

So Don is mingling with the Stars again.:wave: He is taking Chis along to unload all that paper. :mrgreen:

kpolak

Nov 16, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
OK, Jon. I will wave my magic snow-wand and send it all south to ...where's a good place: how about Florida - that is plenty far, right?:mrgreen:

Doug: Enough already with the snow wand! It's been snowing here ever since I read your post. Point further south please. :eek:ops:

Been working on the Photo Challenge...Have a few ideas sketched up...Debating on weather to build this boehemith, or just get out the daughter's color crayons, and make it look pretty.

Kurt

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
:cry: Hi guys,,Snow started about 3 this afternoon. Expected to stop around 11pm. That will be snow blower size.:curse: I did not make it to the trains today, played golf. I put my foot down and told my wife no more leftovers, and then I quietly ate my turkey sandwich. Don't we all. I'll stop back later if I can get this goofy site to work.,,,,,,Sir James

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
We are under a layer of ice here this evening. I can’t tell if it has changed from sleet to freezing rain or just rain. My van has about a ¼ inch thick layer of ice on it right now. We were going to go to Scout Round table but I do not like driving in snow or ice so we stayed home. It is 24 F and we are under a Winter Storm Warning until 1 AM. The weather guessers say the freezing rain will turn to rain after midnight.

I am trying to see if I get some work bench time tonight since our plans have changed. I think Jericho starts back up tonight. That and Battlestar Galactica are the only two TV programs I have watched regularly the last year or so. I have the DVR set to record it just in case I am busy elsewhere.

cnw1995

Oct 1, 2005
Crystal Lake, IL
condor.depaul.edu
Greetings from class where my students are working away on their lab assignments building web pages. I enjoy these next two classes. John, I sure wish I could visit York someday - just to "hobnob with my fellow wizards." I will browse for Marx. Kurt, those ore cars are a great idea. Sorry about the snow. More on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.