Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It is 49 F with an expected high of 52 F. We got up to 68 F yesterday. Of course by the weekend we will back to winter with the possibility of snow.

I am going into work late again since I have to drop my daughter off at school again this morning. My wife is getting over the bug she had. She has an Outreach this afternoon so I told her to sleep late. I was having trouble yesterday getting on line at work. I usually check the forums before work officially starts and at lunch time. Our Internet filter kept blocking portions of the site. I could read some topics and others I could read only parts of others. It was even blocking some of our own websites that we use daily. Apparently there have Internet problems throughout our Department. Folks in the northern part of the state could not even get on the Internet.

No modeling last night. We had Cub Scouts last night.

I hope everybody has a good day.

kpolak

Morning!
Removed remnants of the brass screw from the 2025 cowcatcher. It was wedged in so good I couldn't get it to turn out. What are people thinking???? Finally cut out a good portion of the screw with a tiny Dremel mandrel, about the size of a pin head. Those mandrels are my new favorite tool! Good thing the screw was brass. I was able to cut thru the center, and out to the edge of the cast threads, and chip out the remaining parts and not damage the metal casting. Correct screw installed with pilot! Hazzah!

Buckeye: We need some video! Haven't seen good demolition in awhile!

Ice, sleet and a dusting of snow. Now how to get it off the driveway...

Kurt

Good Morning..............
It is cold. 30 degrees. Windy. Rain is done. Now, we get a few snow flurries. The ground is soggy.
Not much new here. Going to run trains today. Good day to relax.
Have a nice day everyone,
Chuck

sir james

MORNING ALL
We have about four inches of snow at 27 degrees. I have to go out and find my pickup, its somewhere in the driveway. Schools closed so my wife is at daughters watching two of our grandsons. Looks like some train time today........Sir James

Jonadel

When will spring be here? Removed a little over 9" of white death from the driveway yesterday, I LOVE my ATV w/blade--did the whole thing in less than 45 minutes and remember, it's about 100 yards!! Today should be a no snow day, that would be nice. Our sub soil is completely filled from last years rains so I fear that with all the snow on the ground that if we have a quick thaw floods could be a major problem. The boss and I took a quick trip into town last night for dinner and we both commented about all the guys with blades on their pickups,it's been an excellent year for them, there have been years that they have had very little snow to push.

Have a friend coming over this afternoon to see the trains for the first time, he's a retired priest and a great guy. I met him at my part time job and I didn't know he was a priest for several months. And that's just the way he wanted it.

Jon

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Not much happening today. It's clear and 32 degrees. The temp is expected to hit a high of 64.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 2/7/2008

Wind Chill: 32°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 30°F

So Far Today
High: 36°F
Low: 32°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph N

Today High: 65 Sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. South winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 32 Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 30s. West winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

P1010006-23.jpg

sir james

I just came inside, I found my truck, got the snow off but the doors were froze shut. I used a little warm water got it open and dried the door gaskets with a towel. Time to relax and then some trains.......S.J.

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Cooler today at 43 now so its starting to get back to normal. Not much going on. Tomorrow is the big train nite in the basement. Going to be running lots o stuff.
Happy FRIDAY EVE!!!
Bgood or B gone,
laz57

dwiemer

Good morning all. Been on call and getting slammed. Emergencies are taking their toll. Have some paperwork to do for reimbursement for my meeting and then taxes. Hope to get those done and out the door this afternoon. I hope to get back on the layout tonight and also do some doll house work. The doll house has been a slow process. While I could do a glue or paint job on one part and then go to another part and get some work done, with the kids, that is hard. I just stick to getting one part done and then getting back to entertaining the kids. And so the Fatherhood saga continues.....I Love it.
Have a blessed day,
dennis

Chief Eagles

I just came inside, I found my truck, got the snow off but the doors were froze shut. I used a little warm water got it open and dried the door gaskets with a towel. Time to relax and then some trains.......S.J.

What, never heard of such in NC. sign1 Why do people live in such frozen places. Guess they have not sampled the SOUTH. :thumb: Did my talk to 3rd graders this AM and now at Town Hall. Got to go back home and watch the carpet folks re-do their job of yesteray.wall1 Waste my time. Later

sir james

Mayor Chief, only two things keep me here,three kids and six grandsons.
On the other hand that humidity in Southern Tenn. last summer was not pleasant either. But if I could choose I'd take the humidity.

Brutus

Got home about 11PM (Midnight on Orlando time). Cost about $190 to get out of the parking lot, glad I'm not paying for it! On the plus side, I got a great deal on the cab from the hotel to the airport, so saved a little there. I had 138 new emails to download, then the ones I didn't read from last week since I couldn't reply back out. Took a few hours to read them all. I forwarded a few, but most seem to have already made the rounds once or twice?

Doug, I finished that book on the Tallyllyn (sp?) railway just before we landed in St. Louis - it is a good book with lots of info about the actual repairs and upgrade, but it wasn't updated for the new printing and so it all ends in like 1953 - I think they should have gone back and added a few more chapters and some color pics?

I'm only half-way through my laundry from the trip and still want to run trains before I have to pick up daughter from school (son is home sick), so I'll be back online later - ttfn!

ozzy

well im home from the docs in iowa city, had a chest x -ray, long looks good, i go back to work on the 18th, with no restrictions.

Buckeye - I thought you were supposed to build them - not blow them up!

Civil Engineers get to blow up Electrical Engineer's projects, too. :mrgreen:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good evening folks

I am sitting here killing time waiting for dinner to finish cooking. The wife just got in from her outreach program. She survived the kids from Hell and didn’t kill any of them. They were pretty bad today. Apparently pumped up on sugar. She said by the end of the program they were behaving. One of the mothers couldn’t believe that my wife got them to behave.

It looks like I maybe off the air during parts of the day. At work they have decided to block all sports and hobby related websites. They said that the fact that everyone goes on line at lunch time is using up all bandwidth. They are doing nothing about the folks who stream music or radio programs. Also in the last year they have moved all our payroll, ordering, bidding, and leave tracking online. Of course they have not increased the bandwidth since 1995. In their infinite stupidity they are blaming all the sports and hobby websites not the fact they keep adding stuff to an antiquated network. When they instituted the new filter on Monday they managed to knock half the Department’s computers off line and still have not gotten them back on. Productivity went to zero in over half our offices. You have to love progress.

I got hit with a shocker the other day. One of my buddies from high school passed away. He was 44. I have not seen him in a couple of years. From what I could find out he had liver cancer that was discovered about 8 months ago. He was the first one from our high school class to die. His service was today but I was unable to go because I had to meet with some township officials and a state representative and I didn't find out about the service until an hour before I was to leave for the meeting.

I hear the beeper. I better go check the pot of pasta.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

Brutus

Prayers for your friend's family, Tom. Good news for you Ozzy, hope you keep doing better and better. Son wanted to play games, so didn't get to run trains yet and probably won't today. Will be sure to do it this weekend - need to go to a hobby shop, too.

Doug, do I have your mailing address? I could mail this book to you so you can read it, then send it back?

Pooh Bah
We went to the ocean today. Picked up a couple of touches of sunburn. My wife took this picture.

Attachments

• Shuttle1801.jpg
    Shuttle1801.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.