Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpolak

Kurt, that sounds like a great dinner to me! Love that onion soup! Do you serve it with baggets and unsweetened butter?

Dinner didn't work as well as expected. Marsala Wine didn't work in soup. Everything smelled great until then. Youngest screamed all through 20-minutes of cooking, until I picked her up. What was I thinking trying to spend time making a nice dinner?. Just soup, croutons on top covered with swiss for bride and gorgonzola for me.

Jefelectric: I agree. The Burro Crane does seem to have a scale cab. I wanted to add a gondola, but could only find (1) scale modern with the Pennsy logo, and it was covered. The O-27's are way too small. I don't mind not having remote control, as I run PW engines, but it would be nice to get the actuators to work on Fastrack.

Kurt

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
:welcome1: AL!

Sure do like it over here, lots of nice guys including CNWMAN, STEAMHEAD, JEFFREY, NGAUGER, TOMPM, and a bunch of others too. Even if their trains are too little for my bumbling fingers - LOL

I know the others are "Smaller scales".. but I'm running 1:20.3 .. n was too small for my eyes :D :D

Welcome aboard everyone!!!!!

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Glad to see AL made it. :wave::welcome1: Great guy for a Yankee. :twisted: Time for some GRITS. Raining and cold. Suppose to turn to snowhio and accumilate. :eek::cry: LAZ, turn the SD40-2 over and look. The axles have so much end to end slop, the gears almsot disengage. Will not run good through MTH Realtrax 072 switches. Back wheels arc. Was told the GP30's were not that bad. I smell the coffee so off I go. Not like the "hog" I smell on CTT. wall1 SOOWEE

Good Morning All...........
Looks like Chief is up early. Buckeye is sleeping late. Just staying around the house today. Cold and a chance of snow flurries later. I think I will run trains this afternoon. Lots of football games on this weekend.
Everyone have a nice day,
Chuck

dwiemer

Thanks for the email John, I will contact both later. Wife is telling me I have spent too much time on the computer already. Have honey dos to get to. Anyway, Hope everyone has a great weekend. The coffee just seems to taste better over here.
Dennis

Jonadel

Dinner didn't work as well as expected. Marsala Wine didn't work in soup. Everything smelled great until then. Youngest screamed all through 20-minutes of cooking, until I picked her up. What was I thinking trying to spend time making a nice dinner?. Just soup, croutons on top covered with swiss for bride and gorgonzola for me.

Jefelectric: I agree. The Burro Crane does seem to have a scale cab. I wanted to add a gondola, but could only find (1) scale modern with the Pennsy logo, and it was covered. The O-27's are way too small. I don't mind not having remote control, as I run PW engines, but it would be nice to get the actuators to work on Fastrack.

Kurt
Last night must have been disaster night for cooking, I spent at least two hours working on a new meal for just the two of us, talk about bland. It was a Rigatoni Chicken bake with not enough spices, NEXT time I will follow my instincts and do it right.

Beautiful day here but brutally cold -9, thankfully there's no wind except from Roseyville :wave: No wonder the Atlantic pond never freeezes :p

It will be a great day to stay inside and be the engineer......... hopefully.

Jon

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It is 35 F on its way to 38 F. Today maybe the warmest day for the next five.

I am waiting for the wife to get home from work. She is conducting a Webelos Geologist Activity Badge tour at the museum. Once she gets home we have to go to the local craft store. My son has to make a 3D relief map of Pennsylvania for his fourth grade social studies class.

I began weathering wheels and trucks on the TOFC’s. I am currently doing five cars. I also began doing some work on the trailers like painting the wheel hubs to match the color of the trailer.

TomPM - I just saw an ad for a new 40 train controller from Bachman, is this the EZ commander you got? I've got the old one - I think it would run like 8 or 9 trains??

I have the one that controls 9 trains and comes with a locomotive.

I hope everybody has a good day.

sir james

GOOD MORNING
How y'all I had a good breakfast this morning but the chief tried to sneak in grits instead of my pan fried potatoes, didn't work thou ate before he switched em. Cold and getting colder, down to 0 tonite. Train show tomorrow. details after,if anything worth while shows up. enjoy the nice brisk weakend,,,Sir James

Chief Eagles

Sir J., can't blame a REB for trying. :thumb: Had train show today and did not go as snowing. You think so. Its 41 degrees. Where is the snow? :confused:bounce7

jefelectric

Hi Chief,
Thanks for the link and invite. Nice talking with you last week:thumb:
This looks like a nice site!

Hi to everyone else...........
Decided on an avatar with myself and grandaughter....
Will come back again, getting late here in the North :wave:
Night All

AL

:welcome1: To the forum Al. Sounds like you have met the Chief. Just don't take everything he says to seriously, remember he is a politician. :mrgreen:

Hope to see you again this year at the TCA openhouse. It would be nice if we could get the Chief to venture that far North. :rolleyes:

To everyone, If you haven't looked at the Weekly Photo thread from Jan 11 you are missing some great photos. Tom has some really nice pictures of a B&O passenger train. There are many other good ones as well. http://forum.zealot.com/t155679/

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

cnw1995

Morning all. This sure is a nice place to be. Bit brisk here. Going to hobby store to try to find Scenic Accent glue for lanterns for Thomas and his pals. Thanks for the info on the Burro crane. I pass them regularly on my commute -too bad about supper, Kurt. Brutus, it may have been the same copy, though Powells had a few of them. They have their own website - there's an old guy making orders in the back with just bags and bags of US Mail. Middle boy (Rockstar) and his buddy went to see Cloverfield last evening - they liked the monsters, didn't understand any of its subtleties. Finished up signs for a few more spots on the layout. Blueberry Hill. Baker Field. O'Hare Bridge. Fullerton Tunnel. Have a few more... ;)

Morning all. This sure is a nice place to be. Bit brisk here. Going to hobby store to try to find Scenic Accent glue for lanterns for Thomas and his pals. Thanks for the info on the Burro crane. I pass them regularly on my commute -too bad about supper, Kurt. Brutus, it may have been the same copy, though Powells had a few of them. They have their own website - there's an old guy making orders in the back with just bags and bags of US Mail. Middle boy (Rockstar) and his buddy went to see Cloverfield last evening - they liked the monsters, didn't understand any of its subtleties. Finished up signs for a few more spots on the layout. Blueberry Hill. Baker Field. O'Hare Bridge. Fullerton Tunnel. Have a few more... ;)
Hey Doug...How about " Chief's House Of Grits ".Better known as H.O.G. "

jeffrey-wimberl

We had snow here this morning! About a 1/4 inch of it. Of course as soon as dawn broke it melted. I hope we don't get anymore of it.

This morning I replaced the decals on KCS 132. The old ones were in rather sad shape.

P1010001-37.jpg

P1010006-19.jpg

Brutus

Hey, finally got the printer to work from windows - had to configure the printer under VISTA to a tcp/ip port printer - completely uninstalled the linksys drivers and junk and it is working great. I guess the linksys stuff has been usurped by the Vista system and was blocked from doing what it wanted to do? Everything is working now, so I'll say that Vista is not as bad as I had feared, but it is still a little flaky compared to XP, which has become pretty stable on the desktops and other laptop.

Had to run from son's basketball game to Page Ave to pick up Chewy - only about 2 miles from a great train store, but of course no time for daddy to go shopping, had to run home and grab paint clothes and then get daughter to a birthday party. Only one more birthday party today and then we can take it easy.

Found a report on ogaugewatch where they talked to Lionel about upcoming stuff - they are planning to release more cars and maybe some buildings to go with the Hogwarts Castle Express. Also, more european locomotives are coming. Also, the Best Friend of Charleston was a big hit and they want to do some more old time stuff like that as well. Yeah! :thumb:

It was snowing here last night, but too warm to stick and it was just flurries. Supposed to really continue to get colder tomorrow. I think I might work on the basement some more before the movie.

Chief Eagles

SNOHIO!!!!! Started at 3 PM when I went to feed the deer. Temp was 34 so no sticking. Went north 18 miles and no snow. Started there 1 hour ago. Left coming home and the farther south we drove the whiter the ground was. Ground covered here and temp is 32. Suppose to drop to the 20's. Icey street tomorrow AM. Had great chilli for dinner at SIL's. Neice is now 14. Now to watch a movie on DVD player. Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby. Pam likes to watch that and White Christmas [where they sang SNOW SNOW SNOW] when it snows. Later.

sir james

I'll say hi while this page is working.
Chief-do you ever drink sassafras tea? you never mention it but I remember my grandmother would boil the root for tea. I use to buy the concentrate at Kroger but don't remember seeing it anymore.
Its going to be cold tonite but we have no snow on the ground. ran the HWX and the F3 that I made, all went well. Sir James

steamhead

Hi guys...This new chapter of the Caboose does seem faster than the previous one. Great pics Tom....!!! What are those scantilly-clad ladies doing on a caboose?? Doesn't that road have a dress code..?? :mrgreen:
Speaking of tiny trains and bad eyes...Last night I spent nearly 1/2 hour trying to glue a brake wheel (which I had to drill a hole on) on a brake staff -- had to break out the mega-visor..!!! :eek:
Winter has arrived here...low in the 40's tonight....

jefelectric

Doug,
I an honored to have a tunnel named after me, very appropriate, my wife says I am in the dark most of the time.

Brutus,
Your experience sounds typical of Vista. Vista was the solution to a non-problem. Why should we trade a stable OS for a flaky one just because it is new? Microsoft has convinced the consumer market but most businesses are still sticking with XP. To keep the cash flow going they have to keep offering (upgrades?), even though each upgrade offers less improvement than the previous one.

CSXect

I'll say hi while this page is working.
Chief-do you ever drink sassafras tea? you never mention it but I remember my grandmother would boil the root for tea. I use to buy the concentrate at Kroger but don't remember seeing it anymore.
Its going to be cold tonite but we have no snow on the ground. ran the HWX and the F3 that I made, all went well. Sir James

I have had sassafras tea before and have seen the trees they come from the tree with 3 different shaped leaves. Im not sure but you boil the bark off of a root(the part of root that is above ground) and a chunk of root is a good air freshener. Kinda tastes like root beer.:thumb: Ever hunt for mushrooms morel in the spring or is it fall:confused:

getting list of items needed to start layout:mrgreen:

Pooh Bah
Jef & brutus: I'm running windows me on the desktop; Vista on the laptop (it came with it as I waited too long...). More and more programs are declining to update because of my operating system, but I was told it wasn't worth upgrading for a computer from the previous millennium.
Laptop's for travelling, but I don't have everything transferred yet. I haven't had many problems yet, most caused by the inadequate documentation that's supplied.

Status
Not open for further replies.