Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonadel

Ozzy--
This wife is a keeper, no doubt about that. Maybe I should sell half the trains and just use the one room downstairs for trains then I could have my man cave :mrgreen:

ozzy

oh know, getting rid of trains or motorcycles to keep a woman is a big NO NO! lol if it came to the bike or my old lady,,,,, well lets just say i will miss the old lady!....lol but the bike stays...lol

but if you really want to give up yout trains to keep your wife.... you can just give them to me.....lol i will even come pick them up....lol

Ozzy--
This wife is a keeper, no doubt about that. Maybe I should sell half the trains and just use the one room downstairs for trains then I could have my man cave :mrgreen:

CSXect

:shock::shock::shock:

Alright the north and south "raids" have gone too far now Ohio and Kentucky are fighting over a boulder removed from the Ohio river:nope:

It made the Dispatch paper today. The rock known as Indian head rock has been submerged and out of sight from back in 1903, it was recovered by a man from Portsmouth Ohio. The problem is it has prehistoric carvings and also the names of the first settlers who founded Portsmouth Ohio. The Kentucky Commonwealth said it was an Raid and will be retaliated legaly and if that does not work they will stage a raid of thier own:shock::nope:

Some people are dumb as a box of rockswall1

Strange fact the Ohio river belongs to Kentucky how ever Ky tries to stick Ohio with half the costs of upkeep on bridgessign1

sir james

Jon- you could buy the TV if it doesn't bother you to be remined of it for the next ten years. I had to buy a new tv and my wife said it was to big(37)but she watches it more than I do.
We have sun,15 degrees,and still very windy. Our front door mat is gone and I'm not going to look around for anything else until tomorrow. All the snow is gone but coming right back tomorrow nite into fri. forecast is 6 inchs plus. oh joy. Later....Sir James

cnw1995

Morning er uh afternoon all. Worked at home today so I could take the middle boy to his 'mean' orthodontist. She wasn't that mean. Maybe I have a calming influence ;) That was quite a storm last evening - thank goodness the van started after 16 hrs in the station lot - the wind was blowing snow so hard I could hardly get the door open. Incredibly cold - dropped 52 degrees. Wish I was with Dennis and Brutus in FLA. Watched a few Thomas vids before bed last evening.

Ozzy, I would love a Marx 100005 - I am eyeballing one on Toy Train Collectors - Trains Marx, O gauge, Ives, S gauge, standard gauge, Hafner, Lionel, American Flyer - my source for Marx.

TomP, I hear you re project status.

I'm one of those with analog tvs - including a classic from the 1980s with a knob dial I rented-to-own when I was young. Come to think of it, I've paid more money to rent its cable box (over 19 yrs and three cable cos ago) than the tv is worth. LOL.

Roy, I am becoming convinced the way to a teen heart is buying them food. Take-out has the power to transform 'em.

jefelectric

Roy, Sounds like we are having the same weather. Winds of 30-40 with gusts to 50. Temp started out at 44 this morning and to go to 20 tonight. And I've now got the bug, had to stay home from the musuem today. :(

Don, Which side got the trees trimed, train room side or the other side.

Doug & Roy, I really enjoy reading you guys trials & tribulation raising teenagers (girls), been there done that. Now have teenage grandchildren, two will be driving next year. wall1

Ozzy, There is a beautyful M1005 at the musuem, I don't need to buy one, I can see it every week.

BTW, I got my York info in the mail yesterday and put the check in the mail today. How many will be there in April? 3-railers will understand, you scale guys may not know what I am talking about. It is sort of like a disease. :rolleyes:

jefelectric

I'm one of those with analog tvs - including a classic from the 1980s with a knob dial I rented-to-own when I was young. Come to think of it, I've paid more money to rent its cable box (over 19 yrs and three cable cos ago) than the tv is worth. LOL.

Doug, The TV in my basement train room is at least 30 years old, it was given to me when my parents downsized. It is still going strong (yes it is color). I hope it never dies because it will take a couple of strong men to get that big wooden cabinet up the stairs. It does have a digital cable box on top so I don't need to worry about the change over if it lasts another year.

ozzy

ok guys,,, now with all this talk about marx,,, you guys got me looking at them on ebay again.... wall1 how did i go from selling to buying more in a matter of a few hours??????

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Just got done walking the dog. A bit breezy here today and getting colder. Another round of the freezing rain on Friday? Oh well we will see? Ran my Lionel Mohawks in a lash up last nite ran great NO PILE UPS. All stay warm?
JON, are YUZ GIZ getting that blizzard out there in Iowa?
laz57

sir james

OZZY! you were just telling me that you wanted to get rid of them. Stay away from there. remember how easy it is to bid,be careful.

L

laz57

Anyone try getting on the CTT forum? I can't get on, tried about 445 this after, said server can't be found?
laz57

cnw1995

Laz, poor Jon got it and he sent it on to me last eve. Now it's on its way to you.

No problems getting into CTT for me.

John, it's wonderful to know you survived your teenagers to enjoy teen grandkids

Jonadel

Laz--
Like Doug said, we had the blizzard yesterday and graciously sent it your way. It was one of the worst days we've had in years with the wind/cold & visibility, thank goodness the snow fizzled. Monday we had a high of 56, yesterday with the wind chills we were -25 and north of us it was even worse. Today we are up to 7 and it seems like a relief, I even went for a two hour drive this afternoon (down to Winterset to see the Bridges of Madison County), you know I was having a bad case of cabin fever if I did that!

I just signed on to CTT and hit the coffee pot and it took me to Dec. 31 wall1 I wonder about their software at times.

Jon

PS--more snow after mid night......... I'm about to move to Roseyville for some relief :wave:

Brutus

They let us out about 1/2 hour early with maybe 300 pages to "skim", LOL. Okay, thanks.... Left a message for Dennis and had some pretzels so should be good to go until they can come pick me up for dinner trip. Oh, and my wife is bringing my CTT magazine with her and the kiddos on the flight tomorrow night, so I'll finally get to see it! It was really nice out earlier, but a little hazy now? Doug, I'd let you move in to my suite, but wife and kids are on the way now and might not like it! Besides, Ozzy and Sir James keep coming over at all hours looking for icecream! Oh well, this is like 2nd try so hope this posts.

No problem getting on CTT here.

Good Evening everyone.......
Very cold day. Even with sunshine. Busy. Finally getting some relaxing time. No trains today.

Status
Not open for further replies.