Here is to a fresh pot!
47b4cc24b3127cce9dd32ae2a23900000017108IZMmrFwxbA

47b4cf25b3127cce9a9263c53f6600000017108IZMmrFwxbA

47b4cf25b3127cce9a9263c73f6400000017108IZMmrFwxbA

47b6df30b3127cce9693dcf8a4c500000017108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

CSXect

WOW nice lot of cabeeses:cool: and the are mostly C&O:thumb:

Got sent home from work after an hour due to lack af billable work:nope: hope by monday customers will start filling out purchase orders.wall1

Cold but sunny here in Columbus.

dwiemer

Well, here's to a fresh pot! Chief, it's getting chilly out there. May need a little help getting the yankee horde out of these parts.

Tom, great NYC caboose! Which one is it? I may actually have it, as I have so many that have never left the box. Soon, very soon, I hope to get the rolling stock doing just that....rolling.

Hope to check in later.
God Bless,
Dennis

cnw1995

Almost done for the day - and I don't even have a commute today - just a walk upstairs. Boy, I could get used to this... Daughter is off to church camp in a moment - expecting -30 in Wisconsin where she's going with her fellow teens - -I think the son and bride are going off to see a scary movie together - that leaves the youngest and me to run trains later - huzzah!

dwiemer

Good Afternoon everyone. getting ready to head out of here...and hopefully stay out till Monday!
I have a favor to ask. If anyone has knowledge of where I can find a "Savannah and Atlanta GP35 high nose from Atlas #1113-1 or 1113-2", I am looking for one. They are from 2004 and were a low production number. I have tried Justrains, Memory Station, Legacy Station, Peterson Supply, Norms Oscale, and a few others, to no avail. Please PM me, or email me.
Thanks and have a blessed weekend,
Dennis

kpolak

Ok...That was wierd...I didn't know a new thread was starting.

Doug: I've been running the Burro on Fastrack, so I can't use the track mounted actuators to change the direction, but I think it will run down the track, hit one of these posts, and go in the opposite direction. Another lever on the front will spin the cab 360 degrees, and return 360 degrees. A lever on the rear of the cab will get the hook to raise and lower, but it is all powered. The boom has a manual knob.

Hope less drama at Church camp! Huzzah on the running of the trains! Huzzah! That's just fun to say! Huzzah!

French onion soup with gorgonzola and proschiuto for dinner.

Kurt

jefelectric

Good evening,

It went up to 46 today and 99% of the snow in yesterday's pictures is now gone.

Went shopping with the wife and found one of the kiosk's that had the small helicopters, which are near O scale for $25.00, so I couldn't resist. Haven't tried to fly it yet. Will let you know how it goes, unless I crash it out of the gate, then it will never be mentioned again.

Dennis, I sent you an email. But forgot one thing. Try AM Hobbies, AKA Bob Thatcher, that is where I buy all my Atlas.

AM Hobbies Online

His phone number is at the top of the site. Don't recomend email, he can be a little slow to respond.

Doug, I have one of the burro cranes. Neat looking but a little outdated in operation. I would love to be able to convert one to TMCC, but all the actuation is done mechanically. It uses an old pullmore motor which just about fills the cab, leaving no room for anything else. I think there is a real opening here for one of the manufacturer to bring out an updated, more scale (the boom on the Lionel is much to short), crane of this type. There are still a lot of these in use for maintenance on the real railroads. If built with small can motors and a teathered MOW car such as a box car to hold the electronics it would be a neat rig.

Here is a picture of one still in use.

47b7d600b3127cceb997de6fa43700000027100QYtmrhwzYsU

This one is owned by Amtrak, complete with graffiti.

BTW, I think this thread is now much faster to respond. Thanks, Mikey

jefelectric

Ok...That was wierd...I didn't know a new thread was starting.

Doug: I've been running the Burro on Fastrack, so I can't use the track mounted actuators to change the direction, but I think it will run down the track, hit one of these posts, and go in the opposite direction. Another lever on the front will spin the cab 360 degrees, and return 360 degrees. A lever on the rear of the cab will get the hook to raise and lower, but it is all powered. The boom has a manual knob.

Hope less drama at Church camp! Huzzah on the running of the trains! Huzzah! That's just fun to say! Huzzah!

French onion soup with gorgonzola and proschiuto for dinner.

Kurt

Kurt, Mine is relatively new, about a year old, instruction sheet is dated 2/07. You would think Lionel would have come up with actuators to fit Fastrak by now. The ones that came with it only work on conventional Lionel track.

Howdy.....Just checking in. Suddenly there was a bad smell elsewhere.
Cold here, but no snow. Worked on the layout today. Got some cars lubed and cleaned track.
Be back later.

Chief Eagles

Yes Chuck. If it stays, it will run everyone away again.
SNOW???? They way we are in for some. Probably will not go to train show. Now niece is having her birthday party at noon instead of dinner that night. Her Mom is afraid it will "snow" it out. Have to attend that or I'm "mud".

Off to bed.

PS: hope Al Boye will join us here. Yankee for NJ. That better than one from Ohio.

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
WOW another pot o coffee. Great thanks MODERATORS!
Well got my UP FEF with Legacy and (don't tell CHIEF) a Lionel NS SD40 with Legacy. Ran the FEF for 3 hrs all ran good. Even ran it on 0-54 track NO PROBLEMS. It says to run on 0-72 or bigger but got by on 0-54 . Sounded great worked great looked great I'm happy. Now tomorrow will open up the NS SD40. I want to lash up the FEF and BB. What fun.
laz57

njal1

Hi Chief,
Thanks for the link and invite. Nice talking with you last week:thumb:
This looks like a nice site!

Hi to everyone else...........
Decided on an avatar with myself and grandaughter....
Will come back again, getting late here in the North :wave:
Night All

AL

Brutus

:welcome1: AL!

Doug M - I bought this railway book used through Amazon and the z-seller was Powell, do they have their own website? Hey - it's just possible this is the exact same copy you thumbed! Are Kelly and Rockstar at Cloverfield? My friends John and Dave and I are going on Sunday while the girls have a Pampered Chef party!

Kurt, that sounds like a great dinner to me! Love that onion soup! Do you serve it with baggets and unsweetened butter?

Laz - finally got the FEF! Hey, expect some pics soon!

Burro crane looks like a cool little car/accessory, maybe for a little lumber operation?

Sure do like it over here, lots of nice guys including CNWMAN, STEAMHEAD, JEFFREY, NGAUGER, TOMPM, and a bunch of others too. Even if their trains are too little for my bumbling fingers - LOL

TomPM - I just saw an ad for a new 40 train controller from Bachman, is this the EZ commander you got? I've got the old one - I think it would run like 8 or 9 trains??

Where is Ozzy? No posts lately here? Also Dr. John and Frank53?

Status
Not open for further replies.