Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Good Morning All from NE Ohio
where the North Coast has Blue Clear Skeis and lots of SunShine! :mrgreen:

Chief - if you think it's cold today, wait until the weekend!

Laz - Try LBG smoke fluid. It is designed for the slueth smoke units. They work will well with a mixture of JT and LBG fluid. I think the JT is still to thick for it. :rolleyes:

Here is another pic of this S gauge layout
47b8df35b3127cceb3e314a4abb900000027101AaNGjRm0Ysd

:thumb:

sir james

CNW-tape the window openings from the outside(TIGHT)and maybe one of those plastic straws that fit can nozzles might work.It would be hit and miss but it might cover enough of the inside to work.
On the otherhand Brutus may have a better way. I do not think the break the bank method would be a good idea all the glue cracks would show.

L

laz57

Thanks TOM and CHIEF. I got to go to BARRYs on Friday so I will pick up some LBG fluid.
laz57

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/16/2008

Wind Chill: 40°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 44°F

So Far Today
High: 46°F
Low: 46°F
Rain: 0.61"
Rain Rate: 0.04"/h
Gust: 23mph ESE

Today High: 52 Rain in the morning...then chance of rain in the afternoon. Cooler. Highs in the lower 50s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 38 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. North winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

P1010007-10.jpg

dwiemer

Laz, In one of the question/answer pages in a magazine (not sure CTT or OGR), they suggest getting fluid specifically for the Slueth units. I am not aware of the mixes others have done, but I certainly trust the ones who have suggested LBG and the experience trumps all else.

Got some UQ signals in from Just Trains. They are the Z-Stuff brand and look great. Will be a little while before I put them on the layout as I have to get a good bit of scenery done first.

God Bless,
dennis

L

laz57

THANKS DENNIS, I'll be heading to hobby shop on Friday will check out what they have. JUSTTRAINS, good GIZ to deal with.
laz57

Chief Eagles

Evening all. Noticed Buckeye and Baker have been quite. How do we get rewarded so? Back from Church Brunswick Stew. GOOOOOOD. Even bought a quart and brought it home. Walked home to get some of it off. Pam stayed to do choir practice. Suppoe to hve some inclement weather by morning. Then rain. Ran trains some more. Later.

Brutus

Well, its cold and supposed to snow tonight? Or rain and snow tomorrow morning. Hope they cancel school - I'll take an extra day off! Just got off phone with my buddy Dave and they lost their water pressure due to a water main break - still not back after like 6 hours. I told him not to drink the water - don't know if that's right, but better safe than sorry! Oh well, we've got sample girlscout cookies for anyone that wants a few, so come on over!

Oh, I had a security interview today and they asked if I had any regular contact with foreign nationals! I said Nick and John B on a train site. Oh!? Well, we just pass around jokes with a lot of guys and also talk about toy trains. I guess it's okay as long as you don't influence me or something? LOL Anyway, if you guys get a phone call or something, sorry!

Doug, are there "glass" windows already set into your building or interior details or something? If not, maybe pour in some paint, swirl it around, pour out and repeat until it works??? Otherwise, maybe out of luck? Does the roof come off or something?

Work, work, work...Ever since the Chief was elected Mayor and our taxes went throught the roof. How did this happen!! :p

I haven't had any time to run the trains. I haven't had time to send jokes to anyone. I still OTTS paperwork piling up on my desk.

It is really mild out tonight, but a little cloudy. It is supposed to be really great this weekend with a low temperature of 4. The Chief will really know what a Yankee raid feels like after Sunday.

jefelectric

Thanks TOM and CHIEF. I got to go to BARRYs on Friday so I will pick up some LBG fluid.
laz57

Laz, I hope you have better luck then I do with Weaver smoke units. I have a 7 year old 0-8-0 PRR C-1 that hasn't smoked in about 6 years and 11 months. Also have a recently purchased Consolidation that quit smoking about a month after I started running it. Was told to use MTH fluid so I did, that didn't keep it smoking. Think I will stick with MTH steamers in the future.

Well as the chief says its SNOHIOing right now . were supose to get snow mixed with sleet the snow has already started.

Not much happening tonight just listing some items on ebay.

Chief Eagles

Radar shows it falling here now but air is so dry it is not making it to the ground. Might have a dusting tomorrow AM but turning to rain. Brine was put down on all major highways this AM. Means not much will happen. It is usually when they are not prepared we get hit. Good night all.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Weather people are saying NO Snow up here.....

Nope! We're going right to sleet and freezing rain.. :cry::cry::cry:

Right at evening rush hour too... :eek::eek::eek:

Chief Eagles

No snow here. Raining and cold. They say it started with snow and then sleet and then rain. Guess my breakfast meeting is delayed until 10 AM. Voice mail said if inclement weather, delayed. Wake Co Public School are on an inclement weather schedule. They called the meeting. Drinking coffee and waiting until 9 AM to leave. Later.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 31 F as I headed out on this cloudy morning. We are expecting a high of 40 F with a winter slop falling from the skies this afternoon. It should make for a fun ride home.

No modeling last night as we had Cub Scouts.

I hope everybody has a good day.

ezdays

Out AZ way
No snow here either...sign1 sign1 But, on the downside, it's not suppose to get above 60 either. Right now it's already 6 AM and it's only 40 out. Brrrrrrrr:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

well its raining now so guess the snow and sleet are melted by now , no big lost here lol. Morning all not to much happening here have a couple packages to get out today, need to get some more packing materials ( ie newspapres) so can get all this out.

sir james

GOOD MORNING ALL
No snow here,yet. 31 and dark overcast w/snow expected but not much. I'm going out for milk and chips before it gets here.....later Sir James

Jonadel

Just came in from plowing the driveway of 3 1/2" of beautiful white snow. Our driveway is about 100 yds. of crushed rock with a nice hill, I have an ATV with a blade and I can do the whole thing in less than 45 minutes :thumb: The snow came straight down and is fairly light but oh baby, it is cold. My right thumb, which runs the throttle got so cold I had to stop once and that's with mittens. The worst part is the forecast, wind chills tomorrow night will reach -30 wall1

Good to be inside with a nice cup o' Joe.

Jon

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
HAPPY FRIDAY EVE!!!
Awaiting DA BIG SNOW? Suppose to be here this after?
Maybe run trains all nite, depending on the snow?
B good,
laz57

Status
Not open for further replies.