Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbaker48

Doug's (dagrump/murphy)

You guys may recall hearing the Chief talking about going to York, and as we know Roy will certainly be there. Well I got this invite....... (and I will not be attending this year.) But, apparently Roy or Chief not sure who, has made some travel arrangements, and they were trying to get me to join in, to help defray the cost. So I'm sure they will be contacting you as well, to try a fill the available seats in the "Limo". I guess they were going to try and get the guys out west first and head eastward.

47b8df29b3127cceb3376d3a44d400000026100EZOWbRmyYsU

Jonadel

Don B.--

Now THAT'S funny :thumb: I hope by the time you get to Iowa that we have a stage coach as I'm thinking this old back wouldn't make it the next 1000 miles to York plus we could take care of the beverages from within the stage coach aussie

Jon

sir james

NEAT,A western limo. The rain has stopped for now,but windy.A lazy day didn't do much of anything. The pot is being soiled by a very small group and it seems the same names keep popping up. I just skim past them but it's still a shame that they spoil the pleasure of others. Cheif they will not keep me away. I will be there to defend if necessary. Sir James

Chief Eagles

NEAT,A western limo. The rain has stopped for now,but windy.A lazy day didn't do much of anything. The pot is being soiled by a very small group and it seems the same names keep popping up. I just skim past them but it's still a shame that they spoil the pleasure of others. Cheif they will not keep me away. I will be there to defend if necessary. Sir James

Yes Sir James, gets quite for a few and then another one pops up. The funny thing is they have to come here to read and spy. I guess they need an award. I have a name of one for them but will let that slide. One person just aggravating some of the regulars. Then the "big eye in the sky comes in" with chest bowed out and tells everyone how improtant he is. He does admitt that some sissy notified him. Shame

Had busy day. YANKEE breakfast. Hashbrowns and no GRITS. wall1:curse: Lots of people were complaining. No joke. Even my Legislature Lady was. Nice lady. Originally a country girl for SE GA. Grew up on the farm between Savannah and Augusta. The TV interview about Raleigh's stupid Mayor. Propsing water restrictions of 25 gallons per person per day. His DA City Manager and Utilities Director agreed. Couldnto take a shower and wash clothes in the same day. Well, City Council did not agree. Hot citizens on TV and radio. I blasted them for 4 lakes full of water and they waited too long to start extra water plant.

NoTrain Time. :curse::cry: Mabye tonight. Off to feed deer. Later.

kpolak

Then the "big eye in the sky comes in" with chest bowed out and tells everyone how improtant he is. He does admitt that some sissy notified him. Shame.

:agree1:

Ozzy: We seem to be bracing for for a bit of a recession here. I thought only Michigan was having a hard time. How's things by you?
Kurt

ozzy

:agree1:

Ozzy: We seem to be bracing for for a bit of a recession here. I thought only Michigan was having a hard time. How's things by you?
Kurt

over all better then the last couple of years, my work always gets slow this time of the year. we have some big orders coming up , one from GM even, 760 transmission tables, but they are wanting changes made after they tried out the prototype . still working on an an 7000 order of skids for john deere. (steel pallets) just got done with a order of carts from Dillard's dept store.

L

laz57

HI GIZ,
Well 65 today, great weather wish it would last. Jogged a nice 4 miler today felt nice to run outside without having cold bite the lungs.
DON, LOL with DA LIMO. Hate to pick up that pile o poop?
Well I see the original pot on CTT is heating up again. Got the moderator in on it again. I'm staying away from there. I don't want to tell the wrong persons off or offend them. Bunch o babies.
B. good.
laz57

ozzy

HI GIZ,
Well 65 today, great weather wish it would last. Jogged a nice 4 miler today felt nice to run outside without having cold bite the lungs.
DON, LOL with DA LIMO. Hate to pick up that pile o poop?
Well I see the original pot on CTT is heating up again. Got the moderator in on it again. I'm staying away from there. I don't want to tell the wrong persons off or offend them. Bunch o babies.
B. good.
laz57

whats the link to this CTT forum i keep hearing about? curiosity is killing me.

jefelectric

No problem Laz, happens all the time. BTW, I talked to Barry last week and he told me he was going down to MTH for a load of stuff which will include a bunch of the wood sided passenger cars. I want to take a look and might pick up a set if I like them. Said he will have extras in PRR, NYC and B&O.

dwiemer

Was a very crazy day today. Hospital is busting at the seams and we had to shuffle patients around to do some cases. Finally finished up about 14 hours after starting.

Got the items to assemble the doll house today in the mail. I think that project will start Friday.
Also got a great package in the mail from a friend who travelled all over China. Lots of photos on disks and some photo books that we tried to purchase while we were there, but didn't get the chance. Spoke with some old friends tonight and that is always a good thing. Anyway, I hope to have a peaceful sleep tonight and a short day tomorrow. Have to get my extra 15 minutes on the layout as I missed for today.
God Bless,
Dennis

Brutus

Just lost my post? Sorry - Buckeye, just read back over posts and see you are going to Orlando soon, so keep us posted on what you find!

John Baker, I'll keep the emails coming - lol. No trains again today, just getting this thing set up and got my .pst file copied over so have email access to everybody again.

New chairs finally showed up and have to get them positioned just right. Chewy got into a bag of Milky Way candy bars my wife left in a chair, so she is sleeping it off. Not dark chocolate, so just have to wait it out - this is about the 3rd or 4th time she has found her way into some chocolate and we've sure been lucky.

Dennis, I sent an email to you.

Doug M, sounds like a really neat kit and I can't wait to see some pics of it.

Don - LOL

Hi to all, read everything now, but just too much to comment on...:wave:

Chief Eagles

Reclinerized too long. Now to bed. Was on TV news. Got speach [short] tomorrow morning at 10 AM at ribbon cutting. Trains have to happen tomorrow. Fed deer tonight by walking [parked truck up hill]. Walked quitely to back of pond, put corn out, walked quitely back with soft special whistle every now and then. Put out corn and walked 25 yards up rock hill. Kneeled down [this wa right at dark but could still see some]. In a few minutes, 4 came out and started eating. Turned on Maglite and one was coming down to join them. I whistled and stood up. They looked but never ran. Walked rest of the way up the hill with them looking and got in truck. They never acted scared. Later.

Brutus

Good night Chief, sounds like your plan is working. Now if you can only get them switched to eating grits, LOL It's corn, right?

dbaker48

Chief - Did you find out anything about the shooting? Don't know how your going to manage a trip to Idaho, with your schedule.

Doesn't look like much, but got some shelving up on a corner wall. Got some units that were sitting in boxes up, FINALLY !!

47b8df29b3127cceb33a9902e5e900000025100EZOWbRmyYsU

Later,

Don

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was 62 F on the way into work! The wind is picking up and the clouds were rolling so it looks like we have some stormy weather coming. The NWS has put us under a Wind Advisory until this afternoon. Our high should be 64 F.

I started numbering (decaling) 5 Walthers Heavyweight Passenger Cars. I also began working on an Athearn Blue Box B&O RPO baggage car. It is an EBay win. The car is assembled but I have to change the couplers and weather it. I began with the wheels.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.