Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooh Bah
Orlando

Brutus and others:
We're going to be in Fort Wilderness at the end of the month. If you can swing it, there's a good tour called "the Magic behind our Steam Trains". It costs like Disney, starts early in the morning, and you can't take pictures in the engine shed area. You do get to ride (several times) over all the track.
There was a good hobby shop in Winter Park (first station North of Orlando); I think the owner died. No idea how it is now. Couldn't find any other ones in Orlando.
If you go, there's a second attraction there: the Morse museum of American Art, which has a fantastic collection of Tiffany glass.

Chief Eagles

That is not the first time that bfskinner has taken a bite out of someone for absolutely nothing. Now he wants us to ignore him. He is going to get his wish!!! I like making people all :mrgreen:.

bkskinner gets the Jim Apitz AH award. He's been ugly to me a lot too. I really wanted to jump him but laid off. In fact I started to post the award on CTT. Let Brent and company get him. Busy day. Town Hall till time to rush to County Commissioners meeting. Give the County EMS system and its managers are not worth a d--- speach. Co Comm not smiling when I sat down. Upset with their organization. Rushed home and just as I was getting in truck to go feed the deer. Hear shot after dark where I usually feed them. Fly to lease and as I unlock cable, hear hollering that I am there. Drive down in to the pond and bail out with S/W in one hand and Maglite in other. Everything quite at double wide at the top of the hill. Old man gave acre to African American man that use to work for him. His Grandchildren are fellons [girls and boys]. Not even their hateful pitbull made a sound [must have stuffed a sock in his mouth]. No blood and could not find anything. Would go tomorrow AM and see but got Elected Officials breakfast and then meeting with Legislative member. Lunch with her and then I'll go check. Then TRAINS. Rushed from the lease to Town Board [7 PM]. Now popcorn time. Could not believe I did not post this AM. ?????? Later

Brutus

Well, time for bed and finally got this new thing working. Got a "cheap" laptop. It came with VISTA installed (32 bit version) and is faster and lighter than our old one, even if it only cost 2/3 as much. Got a laptop lock thing so I can lock it down and password protected it. Anything I'm forgetting?

Dennis and Pooh Bah - I'll be at Hawthorne -Universal. Travel day 1/28 and travel home in the afternoon on 2/6. My wife and kids will be coming down on Thursday night and I don't know if they are going to the parks that Friday or not. We'll for sure be going to Disney on Saturday and probably Sunday as well, but don't know if a special train tour is in the budget. She had a bunch of Disney Dollars or whatever and so we think that the park admissions and probably some meals at Disney will be covered with that and we are just out the cost of their flights and a rental car for them. If you guys think we can hook up that would be great, but I'll be working from 8:30 to 5 PM on the weekdays and won't have any wheels except for that weekend once family arrives! Shoot me an email if you think we can work something out. It looks to me like I won't have time to go shopping or anything like that, but if we would be at the park at the same time or want to meet for a meal, that would be cool!

Gotta go, it's after 11 and I have to work tomorrow, LOL!

PS - Sir James, I've got a cable modem so just feel free to spam me with jokes any time - I might not read them all the same day though! LOL

dwiemer

Brutus, we may be able to work something out. I have a meeting for several days, but will stay afterward to enjoy Disney with the family. We will have the car as we are driving down. Maybe we can come get you and head out to a train store? We will have to see and be flexible as schedules permit.
Dennis

Hey John guess my last statement isn't a way to get invited to join OTTS is it like Don B. was

Somebody is starting to get a lot wiser.

I'm just glad we didn't play USC. The sun is coming up in the east this morning over Buckeyeland and it is a very warm 56 degrees. Yes, the big moan you heard was from Buckeyeland's faithful fans. With a metropolitan population of nearly one million, the Buckeye football team is an obsession with the majority. In the summer they follow the Reds and in the fall the Browns, but they follow Buckeye Football all year around.

Chief...I remember you telling me that we shouldn't answer those posters that will not put their approximate location on their posts. Good advice and as you can see bf does not have a location.

Chief Eagles

Morning. Tears for my Buckeye buddies. :cry::eek:ops: [Don't mention a SOUTHERN team beat a Yankee team] Off to my breakfast meeting. Busy morning thru lunch. Some gas prices starting to drop. They went outragous. Have a great day.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Good morning folks

It was an unusual 50 F as I rolled out this morning. Our high today is supposed to be 69 F! Does not feel like early January.

I spent the day yesterday at meetings and field views. Sometimes it amazes me the lack of concern that others have for the safety of other people. We had a case yesterday where three residents and one township supervisor have been holding up a project for about 5 years because they don’t want to change the existing deteriorating bridge. There one and only reason is they like the way it looks. They don’t care that the current condition of the bridge jeopardizes the safety of the 900 vehicles a day that cross it. BTW outside of these four folks no one has said this bridge is aesthetically or historically important. All the historic societies and agencies have looked at it and said it should go and that the new bridge with aesthetic treatments would look far better. Sorry for the rant but it was a long drive for nothing. The other field view was just a preliminary view and assessment of a roadway that has washed out so we can make recommendations for its repair.

The finished decaling/renumbering the TOFC. I also touched up one of the coil car covers and decided that I will not be replacing any grab irons on the cars. I began lining up cars and locos for air brush weathering.

I hope everybody has a good.

John Baker

Well, time for bed and finally got this new thing working. Got a "cheap" laptop. It came with VISTA installed (32 bit version) and is faster and lighter than our old one, even if it only cost 2/3 as much. Got a laptop lock thing so I can lock it down and password protected it. Anything I'm forgetting?

Dennis and Pooh Bah - I'll be at Hawthorne -Universal. Travel day 1/28 and travel home in the afternoon on 2/6. My wife and kids will be coming down on Thursday night and I don't know if they are going to the parks that Friday or not. We'll for sure be going to Disney on Saturday and probably Sunday as well, but don't know if a special train tour is in the budget. She had a bunch of Disney Dollars or whatever and so we think that the park admissions and probably some meals at Disney will be covered with that and we are just out the cost of their flights and a rental car for them. If you guys think we can hook up that would be great, but I'll be working from 8:30 to 5 PM on the weekdays and won't have any wheels except for that weekend once family arrives! Shoot me an email if you think we can work something out. It looks to me like I won't have time to go shopping or anything like that, but if we would be at the park at the same time or want to meet for a meal, that would be cool!

Gotta go, it's after 11 and I have to work tomorrow, LOL!

PS - Sir James, I've got a cable modem so just feel free to spam me with jokes any time - I might not read them all the same day though! LOL

Jim,
Some of your jokes are read on our BBC Radio2 by Wogan (the nations most listened to radio station). That is after I've sanitised and translated them into proper English 'like wot we ovver ere speyke'. Keep them coming please.
Was it a black 'Heelan Coo' you were after? Might have found one!

All, Lighten up buddies. What's in a game of Footy?

cnw1995

Morning from a dark, wet and still warm Chicago. Still was an entertaining game unlike the Illini. Got my first class of the quarter tonight. Two online ones started yesterday. I like them better - I can work them from home instead of getting off the train at 11 pm.

Finished the hydrocal kit. Didn't put the sign up. John F had a good idea about pondering a Miller Engineering sign. I plastered signs - a full wall Coke ad and a few others. Glued on, then wet down, rubbed with brush to weather into the cracks and nooks of the brickwork. Placed it near the main station. It looks suitably woeful with a sideful of brush and overturned boat along the wall.

sir james

GOOD MORNING,
I didn't stay up to watch the end the bucks were goners by 3rd qtr. It rained all nite and still at it. Tornado watch last nite very unusual for Jan. in Mich. things a little edgy around here as wife is still in the "we need a new"mood.I'm begining to say enough. Doesn't go well with wives. Not fighting just different outlooks.,,,,,,,,Sir James

CSXect

Well at least they showed the halftime show:mrgreen: Those LSU girls were skimpaly dressed and not that bad looking it was a major distraction to the Buckeyeswall1

There is always next year:nope:

Did not run the Buckeye Express this time:wave:

kpolak

GOOD MORNING,
I didn't stay up to watch the end the bucks were goners by 3rd qtr. It rained all nite and still at it. Tornado watch last nite very unusual for Jan. in Mich. things a little edgy around here as wife is still in the "we need a new"mood.

Sir James: Call Chuck! I think he has a few extra roaming! :mrgreen:
Ok I edited it. I needed some humor after reading the pot.

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.